• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Something special tomorrow - 10 Queen’s Beasts

Anyone think there is much interest in a coin that is minted in this way? It’s the only 2oz silver proof of the series. What is the view on cost in the market? Do the background factors (mintage and size etc.) make it desirable or avoidable?! 

I do think this coin is very desirable but i think the fact the mint is making it available in all known sizes and forms (proof/bullion in 1oz,2oz,5oz etc) i think does take the shine off it slightly. I have the gold and silver 1 oz proof plus the 1oz gold bullion so hoping the prices stay strong but not sure how it will turn out. Great design but possibly over done. Hopefully not

14 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Anyone think there is much interest in a coin that is minted in this way? It’s the only 2oz silver proof of the series. What is the view on cost in the market? Do the background factors (mintage and size etc.) make it desirable or avoidable?! 

I love the design of this coin.

The bigger the better for this one IMO. 1oz versions don't do it justice.

As much as I don't like the timed releases etc, I would buy this coin in an instant given half a chance. Depending on the price of course, but it seems like it's going to be priced normally.

10 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I love the design of this coin.

The bigger the better for this one IMO. 1oz versions don't do it justice.

As much as I don't like the timed releases etc, I would buy this coin in an instant given half a chance. Depending on the price of course, but it seems like it's going to be priced normally.

I would agree but my understanding is that it will be the same size as the 1oz...but a piedfort. A bit like the 5oz and 10oz Three Graces. 

If it is a wider surface area (like the incredible 2oz Silver Proof Krugerrand) then it could be stunning. 

15 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'd like this in a bigger size to show off the design. I have the 1oz gold bullion and it feels a bit like the party with the dwarves at Bag End at the beginning on The Hobbit.

Sounds like you need the 5oz version, sir! That is a banging coin.

32 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I would agree but my understanding is that it will be the same size as the 1oz...but a piedfort. A bit like the 5oz and 10oz Three Graces. 

If it is a wider surface area (like the incredible 2oz Silver Proof Krugerrand) then it could be stunning. 

According to the RM website the silver 1oz had a diameter of 38.61mm, whereas the LMP website states that the silver 2oz will have a diameter of 40mm - so slightly larger, but not much so.

4 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

According to the RM website the silver 1oz had a diameter of 38.61mm, whereas the LMP website states that the silver 2oz will have a diameter of 40mm - so slightly larger, but not much so.

In fairness, 40mm is I think the standard dia for a RM 2oz (3Graces as an example), also if you slab you want it under 45mm to keep it in a standard holder (albeit extra thick).

45 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Ah, I didn't realise. That's a bit disappointing 

For this design the bigger the better. I'm really happy to hold a 5 OZ Silver. The 10 OZ Silver has the same diameter. I really like the 2 OZ size and thickness generally so i'm happy that i was able to order a 2 OZ Completer too. Nice mintage, not like the 1 OZ, which has the highest mintage of all 1 OZ QB Proofs. The 2 kilo must be just a magic coin with a diameter of 150mm, but has a magic prizetag also. The Completer coin IMO is still the coin of the year and everybody that owns one should be really happy, no matter which size.  

Edited by dikefalos

4 hours ago, Altitudes said:

You got a 2oz proof? Was it from the German dealer?

I ordered there, it should come mid july. They just had a few and raised with every sold coin 100€, the last one left for 799€. I missed LPM and the RM has just 100. It's a mess to order such a coin direct from the RM, i don't trust my luck for ordering direct at the mint. But i will try for sure again.

I am a little confused as the Royal Mint advertised the 2oz as having a mintage of 100 during the initial release and have confirmed this same mintage last week. It is clearly stated that the mintage is 100. Do they mean a mintage of 100 in a special presentation? Will the presentation be different for the LPM and Royal Mint releases? Otherwise how are they able to state that the mintage is 100?

Confused!

Also, is anyone interested in the 2oz gold? Just the silver??

Edited by AndrewSL76

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I am a little confused as the Royal Mint advertised the 2oz as having a mintage of 100 during the initial release and have confirmed this same mintage last week. It is clearly stated that the mintage is 100. Do they mean a mintage of 100 in a special presentation? Will the presentation be different for the LPM and Royal Mint releases? Otherwise how are they able to state that the mintage is 100?

Confused!

Where did they reconfirm the 100 mintage? I've only seen a screengrab of the listing that accidentally went up day of release and the LPM site. Curious about the actual mintage as well.

Ah, did they say anything about the 2oz gold mintages? Thought I saw on the LPM site that it was in the 600's but now I don't see that listing anymore. Haha, too early for me here.

I'm interested in the gold but hoping the mintage isn't too high.

And I agree with others when they say a wider planchette for the 2oz would have been nicer.

Edited by Altitudes

Not sure about gold yet. I have asked. Waiting to hear back. Have a feeling I won’t get the gold! If I do, I will just be selling on to someone who really wants it at cost plus a small handling fee given the risks involved. 

@Altitudes

These unusual proof sizes were also selectively available in the US market. BOLD precious metals had 15 of the 2oz silver proofs for sale, and I happened to take a screenshot from May 2nd. APMEX currently has a 10oz gold proof for sale at an enormous premium, and the mintage of this coin is 30.  I like to take these screenshots for reference prices, as the dealers remove them after they sell.  

6E1156F2-997C-4F8B-99CE-C4EB9D465DB8.png

1F73C8BE-1792-4B88-B790-BF547DD2CEE5.png

Edited by Lr103

Here’s the Royal Mint page for the 2 Oz Silver Proof which states the maximum mintage is 100.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/queens-beasts/the-completer-coin/2021-uk-two-ounce-silver-proof-coin/

Including this image in case the page disappears entirely. 

Completer coin.pdf

Edited by westminstrel