• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Una and the Lion gold and silver bars

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

This is exactly my thinking. I'm more bothered that the packaging on my 10oz is ripped all down one side.

Would you return? or am I being too fussy. This bar has a big premium on top and if just standard bullion I wouldn't mind do much, but its not.

I have ordered a 10 oz together with 3 plastic capsules, hoping that RM would make a JC reinterpretation of 3G in a year or two, and then a Royal Crown...

So, one could stack those for weight but once a year take them out from hiding and just admire them.

1 minute ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

Same! The 10oz is tiny but so heavy. I can only imagine how heavy the 100oz will be 

I really thought the 10 oz felt heavier than 10x 1 oz. My scales only go up to 200g though...

4 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

How do you think this will work out at RM?

3C472546-8DB1-48B1-B556-A4EFED7936FB.jpeg

I've got a slight ding at the top of mine and a small black mark which I know will forever bother me now. Considering complaining too, if it was just bullion they shouldn't have put an additional premium over the regular britannia bar on it imo

5 hours ago, Yetiwatch said:

Ordered near Midnight monday and received today :) pretty happy with that speed!

Can't see any major issues with quality, but that is looking through a plastic cover. Anyone know where i can purchase a hard plastic card for the 10 ounce version?

I think atkinsonsbullion.com sells a 1oz 5oz and 10oz case. I remember seeing one earlier 

33 minutes ago, TutoredSoup232 said:

if it was just bullion they shouldn't have put an additional premium over the regular britannia bar on it imo

Couldn’t agree more. 
I think anyone unhappy should ask for replacement, I reckon RM won’t mind whilst stocks last

2 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Couldn’t agree more. 
I think anyone unhappy should ask for replacement, I reckon RM won’t mind whilst stocks last

Sent them an email then noticed this dent on both of my 1oz silver bars 😂 not doing too well with mine so far 

20210303_201833.jpg

20210303_201904.jpg

I’d talked myself out of stacking any silver at the moment due to VAT and the massive premiums, but very tempted by one of the 1oz silver bars for their collectability...they do look great!

41 minutes ago, yaffle said:

I’d talked myself out of stacking any silver at the moment due to VAT and the massive premiums, but very tempted by one of the 1oz silver bars for their collectability...they do look great!

I am also very tempted. However I cant justify the price in my head having paid £200 per 10oz Britannia bar this time last year. I am sure that once the whisky gets flowing on Friday night then I will make an impulse purchase. 

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

54 minutes ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

I am also very tempted. However I cant justify the price in my head having paid £200 per 10oz Britannia bar this time last year. I am sure that once the whisky gets flowing on Friday night then I will make an impulse purchase. 

I may well end up employing a similar strategy 😂

These are gorgeous pieces.
Grabbed a couple for myself.
The 10oz silver and 1oz gold are quite slow to move on their website (I started tracking web stock quotas like some others). Do you think there's a correlation in these sales because additional VAT and the decreased certainty of precious metals purchasing for their short to mid term future as opposed to alternative investment methods like bond yields. 
Either way, they are gorgeous. Great alternative to the Britannia at the same £ cost

13 minutes ago, HiAndy said:

These are gorgeous pieces.
Grabbed a couple for myself.
The 10oz silver and 1oz gold are quite slow to move on their website (I started tracking web stock quotas like some others). Do you think there's a correlation in these sales because additional VAT and the decreased certainty of precious metals purchasing for their short to mid term future as opposed to alternative investment methods like bond yields. 
Either way, they are gorgeous. Great alternative to the Britannia at the same £ cost

the gold Una is about £40 more than the Britannia. The 10oz silver was going down however they put another 300-400 into stock. Maybe its the VAT and high price of silver currently. They have sold around 1000 1oz silver bars since monday though