• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Alderney Three Graces Silver Proof 2oz

Message added by ChrisSilver,

For transparency the member who started this topic has a commercial relationship with the company he mentions. The topic author was asked to be transparent about his relationship to the mentioned dealer in his forum signature, but did not do so. We subsequently launched business accounts on the forum. 

We believe that companies who wish to advertise on TSF should do so honourably by taking out advertising and supporting TSF. TSF sells advertising for extremely competitive prices and even offers dealers to have their own subform section. We are also willing to negotiate good deals for businesses providing they are able to offer good deals for members too. 

This is one of the reasons why we introduced Business Accounts here, to add transparency for members so that they can clearly see which members are businesses and also to stop business members from unfairly adverting their business or products without supporting TSF. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=three+graces+2oz&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_dmd=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

1 hour ago, damok666 said:

This was one of my thoughts about not ramping up prices and mintages. I’d imagine the buzz on secondary market brings them a lot of new customers. 
And a quick browse on Fleabay:

04A05369-BF32-4396-9FAF-589BBD83714D.thumb.jpeg.460ab92a5c90b253e82d61d9b0886838.jpeg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=three+graces+2oz&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_dmd=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

NONE  have sold ( as yet !) on Buy it Now on FleaBay UK 

The one up for "auction" is by the issuing company Britannia Coin Co

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2020-Alderney-The-Three-Graces-2oz-Silver-Proof-Five-Pounds-PCGS-PR70-Graded/284156294586

Its got x68 watches on it already ! 

http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php?bkw=2020+Alderney+'The+Three+Graces'+2oz+Silver+Proof+Five+Pounds+%3A+PCGS+PR70+Graded&bcat=0&bcts=&sfsb=Show+Me!&csbin=all&bslr=&bnp=&bxp=#serp

I see a fellow Geordie (not me!) snagged x2 and has them up on eBay #303857145891

16 minutes ago, Oldun said:

It will be interesting to see how prices go once the RM releases its series. People are probably happy to have bought two Alderneys with the intention of flipping one to cover the cost of  both purchases, so basically a likely risk free punt.

Thus far, judging by the sell out speed I think the £500 paid today we should be "safe" 

Doubtful the RM will issue their Three Graces at same price of Una & Lion which was £180. Say it launches at £250 for the sake of easy maths 

So sweet spot between RM RRP and £499 paid today for a PF70 is £250 

£250 is a risk im happy to shoulder

Be interesting to see what happens with the remaining x900 issues later in the week, once the internet, forums, and facebook jungle drums have beat around cyberspace. 

Still unsure at £1,000 if there is there is value there buying it ??

Edited by Paul

Really interesting this one and fun to have a horse in this race. With the RM up next, the prices for which will surely go through the roof in the secondary market which could, in turn, may provide some light rocket fuel for the Alderneys (PF70s) after the fact going forward from the RM release.....time will tell.

Either way, it is a gorgeous design and should look quite so in hand. Round 1 over...ding ding, round 2 coming up whenever the RM decides.

Edited by Oldun

4 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Assuming the Alderneys maintain a price above it issuance price of course. Really interesting this one and fun to have a horse in this race. With the RM up next, the prices for which will surely go theough the roof in the secondary market all things being equal in love and war, it may provide some rocket fuel for the Alderneys after the fact going forward from the RM release.....time will tell.

as this issue has a little bit of history to back its story up, dating back back to Greek Mythology. 

It was first mentioned in Homer's Iliad and Odyssey. 

They were the 3 daughters of Zeus and Eurynome. 

They were Euphrosyne, who represented Joy

Thalia, who represented flowering 

and Aglaea, the youngest and personified radiance. 

During the Renaissance, Raphael painted a magnificent rendering of the 3 Graces

The original sculpture was done by Antonio Canova

Hopefully the backstory is keeps its values in years to come and not fall out of favour :) 

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

I read and studied Homer’s Odyssey and Illiad in the original ancient greek it was written in back in my early scholastic days, preceded by Thucidides, with healthy lashings of ancient Roman literature, Aeneid, Ars Amatoria etc....

i wouldn't know i just copied and pasted it off the internet to make me look clever  :) 🤣😄😂

Has someone informations about which day sale starts at RM? With this sold-out-thing-in-seconds  its pretty difficult to me. Sometimes i really have to work, so i still can war something and live my Passion of collecting beautiful coins. Don't want to work for crazy secondary market premiums. 

By the way, i try my best, but my english is still terrible. Sorry for that

Has someone informations about which day sale starts at RM? With this sold-out-thing-in-seconds  its pretty difficult to me. Sometimes i really have to work, so i still can war something and live my Passion of collecting beautiful coins. Don't want to work for crazy secondary market premiums. 

8 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Nope. Nobody knows. The only ones that may know are the dealers and they would not be allowed to reveal when under threat of being barred and banned from future releases by The RM.

Edited by Oldun

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

DIY veggie chow mein today now for Fridays treat :( 

after an unexpected £1,000 credit card expense incurred at 09.01 today 

IMG_8067.JPG

Paul, my Mrs (Thai) thinks it looks good but said you forgot to toast or dry fry your sesame seeds 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

Paul, my Mrs (Thai) thinks it looks good but said you forgot to toast or dry fry your sesame seeds 😂 

cant afford the heat to toast them now :( 

was very nice, shameless plug for a save hundred £100s takeaway bible

https://www.chinandchoo.com/product-page/pre-order-2nd-print-chin-and-choo-s-chinese-takeaway-cooking-bible

https://www.youtube.com/c/ZiangsFoodWorkshop/videos

Never used a chinese (sober - hick! ) in over a year now :) 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

https://auctions.thecoincabinet.com/lots/view/4-1NTSY7/alderney-2020-silver-5-pounds-proof-three-graces-pcgs-pr70-dcam-41455559-box-coa

First one none eBay "Three Graces" has appeared in Coin Cabinets new auction for the end of the month, Ends 31st Jan

Stock up on your popcorn folks ! :) 

I guess this is BCC’s own coin? 🤔 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

20 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I guess this is BCC’s own coin? 🤔 

as the PCGS number on CC auction (ending 5559) is different to the stock images used on eBay and Britannia Coin Co own web site ending 5546

The only people who'll be in physical possession of these will be Britannia Coin Co so one can only assume it is there's at Coin Cabinet 

In a recent youtube video show casing the Three Graces live in hand "he who used to frequent this forum" and the one in his vid PCGS cert ends 5748 so it is not his at Coin Cabinet

You could call the Royal Mint versions modern replicas

Are the Alderney a replica of a replica?

£499?! 🤯 for this

I assume you guys know what you're doing but I just cant see it, seems bonkers

replica.jpg.e9af520f702e370e37e38c7b0a942c09.jpg

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

25 minutes ago, Kman said:

You could call the Royal Mint versions modern replicas

Are the Alderney a replica of a replica?

£499?! 🤯 for this

I assume you guys know what you're doing but I just cant see it, seems bonkers

replica.jpg.e9af520f702e370e37e38c7b0a942c09.jpg

I’m with you and used the same ‘bonkers’ phrase on another forum earlier.

I get that it’s a design led frenzy, like the Una, but I just don’t see how a 2 oz proof silver coin from the Commonwealth Mint, issued by Alderney, is ever going to be worth 25 x spot in 10 years time.

12 months ago, you would have been lucky to get 1.5 x spot for it.

I have been wrong before though.

Looks like one just sold but can't see the best offer price that was accepted.

Couldn't make up my mind on this one and wound up passing but don't feel great about it now, haha. Just a few things threw me off, I don't like that they are all 70's for instance.

I'm in the US too so the added cost of shipping and exchange rates put it about 100pounds out of my price range. Probably should have grabbed one and given myself another week or so to think about it.

EDIT: And another one just sold for 850pounds.

Edited by Altitudes

I wonder if some of these flipping today will have wished they held out longer. 

Considering there was 100 sold and most buyers I assume brought two there can’t be that many that can end up on eBay or auctions at this stage that were brought at the reduced price.