• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Alderney Three Graces Silver Proof 2oz

Message added by ChrisSilver,

For transparency the member who started this topic has a commercial relationship with the company he mentions. The topic author was asked to be transparent about his relationship to the mentioned dealer in his forum signature, but did not do so. We subsequently launched business accounts on the forum. 

We believe that companies who wish to advertise on TSF should do so honourably by taking out advertising and supporting TSF. TSF sells advertising for extremely competitive prices and even offers dealers to have their own subform section. We are also willing to negotiate good deals for businesses providing they are able to offer good deals for members too. 

This is one of the reasons why we introduced Business Accounts here, to add transparency for members so that they can clearly see which members are businesses and also to stop business members from unfairly adverting their business or products without supporting TSF. 

The Royal Mint are set to release the new Three Graces design next month!

The Britannia Coin Company will be releasing a 2020 Alderney Three Graces Silver Proof 2oz

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=266537038146281&id=100427804757206&anchor_composer=false

58 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

Let me revise....

Would it make for a good investment piece at £999?

Really depends how you approach it. 

Mintage of 1000 and only comes in a 70. That won’t make it as rare/desirable as Royal Mint ones that get 70, if the grading success rate of the Una was anything to go by. (19% or so that have been in get a 70, figure could be wrong haven’t checked in a while) 

Will it sell for a substantial profit? Yes probably.

Will it sell on for as much as a RM 70. Probably not. 

The Royal Mint release price for their own version will probably be cheaper than £499, they'd most likely mint it using a version of the original dies so it will 100% be the best investment out of the two coins, but you'll need the luck of a lottery winner to get hold of it.

The Alderney version has the potential to return you some profit on a flip on the coat tails of the Royal Mint release but not to the same magnitude.

First Una. Now the Graces. It seems to me that the RM AND the Alderney Mint have both been granted Royal Proclamation to release the full series of Great Engravers coins. Even the East India Company got in on the Una.

Alderney didn’t respect the status of Una and the Lion though by bringing it out in several sizes (including sovereign size or thereabouts). I sense that the 3 Graces are also about to be abused (no pun intended). Whilst there’s more supply and more opportunities to buy from various Mints, I think it’s all a bit too messy.  

Edited by GoodAsGold

3 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Just buy the first 100 and you’ll be fine 😉

Now where’s that spare £50k I had lying around somewhere...

By the way, does anyone know, and is willing to share, what time the coins will be released tomorrow? Is it similar to the RM’s 9am release slot?

15 hours ago, SovCollector said:

Let me revise....

Would it make for a good investment piece at £999?

Too much fuss for me for an Alderney and investing opportunities in other areas of the numismatic world. Of course, it would be lovely to have one but what a feeding frenzy. I prefer to take the opportunity to loo elsewhere for bargains while the frenzy is on but as a fellow collector, good  luck all :)

Edited by Oldun

3 hours ago, Oldun said:

Too much fuss for me for an Alderney and investing opportunities in other areas of the numismatic world. Of course, it would be lovely to have one but what a feeding frenzy. I prefer to take the opportunity to loo elsewhere for bargains while the frenzy is on but as a fellow collector, good  luck all :)

Agree, having two prices with an initial release first just seems a bit off and unprofessional to me. It almost says these are worth £499 and the people buying the other 900 are overpaying. I guess there is a strategy in there to create a huge buzz, gain loads of newsletter sign ups and help push the sale of the other 900. A simple £499 for all coins and I would have taken this one more seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

or the first x100 miraculously sell-out/are unavailable as your enter - leaving x900 left to think, oh they've sold out quick, may as well get one while im here already

Read my mind...

I’m inclined to make the purchase at £499, but at £999... meh, don’t think so. 

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

or the first x100 miraculously sell-out/are unavailable as your enter - leaving x900 left to think, oh they've sold out quick, may as well get one while im here already

You just know those have already been pre ordered by preferred customers so the actual price will be £999 and then the algos kick in and it goes up crom a starting point of £999 by the second ! And that is just for the Alderney  !!!

And if you think the RM has left any PF 70s on the table for ordinary punters, good luck with that thinking !

Edited by Oldun

10 hours ago, sovtsf said:

Agree, having two prices with an initial release first just seems a bit off and unprofessional to me.

That’s exactly what I thought when I saw the £999 price for 2oz of graded silver. But you’ve stated it more tactfully than I would. I’m having nothing to do with BCC.

11 hours ago, sovtsf said:

It almost says these are worth £499 and the people buying the other 900 are overpaying.

1 for the price of 2.  Not only is the 2oz silver exclusive to BCC but they have an exclusive sales strategy too.

I think the mintage is to high and the royal mint will be launching their own great engravers coin soon. Maybe the Alderney won’t be as popular. Definitely not for £999. Just my opinion ,could be wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

I think the mintage is to high and the royal mint will be launching their own great engravers coin soon. Maybe the Alderney won’t be as popular. Definitely not for £999. Just my opinion ,could be wrong. 

Yes, I think the mintage is too high as well. But here’s the difference as I see it. They’re sold by Britannia Coin Company who want a slice of the pie. They’re minted by the Commonwealth Mint who want a slice of the pie. And they’re commissioned by the Government of Alderney who want a slice of the pie. Hence the high mintage to ensure all 3 reap maximum reward.