• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Alderney Three Graces Silver Proof 2oz

Message added by ChrisSilver,

For transparency the member who started this topic has a commercial relationship with the company he mentions. The topic author was asked to be transparent about his relationship to the mentioned dealer in his forum signature, but did not do so. We subsequently launched business accounts on the forum. 

We believe that companies who wish to advertise on TSF should do so honourably by taking out advertising and supporting TSF. TSF sells advertising for extremely competitive prices and even offers dealers to have their own subform section. We are also willing to negotiate good deals for businesses providing they are able to offer good deals for members too. 

This is one of the reasons why we introduced Business Accounts here, to add transparency for members so that they can clearly see which members are businesses and also to stop business members from unfairly adverting their business or products without supporting TSF. 

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

This one is going to be an epic one. This has genuine worldwide interest for very few coins, assuming the RM haven’t ramped the mintage up and nobody will know until they appear online, whenever that is.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for it, love the design. But I'm already sweating it too, ha!

3 hours ago, Paul said:

as the PCGS number on CC auction (ending 5559) is different to the stock images used on eBay and Britannia Coin Co own web site ending 5546

The only people who'll be in physical possession of these will be Britannia Coin Co so one can only assume it is there's at Coin Cabinet 

In a recent youtube video show casing the Three Graces live in hand "he who used to frequent this forum" and the one in his vid PCGS cert ends 5748 so it is not his at Coin Cabinet

That’s some research 🔬 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

44 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

That might not include coins/bullion though. They typically leave that out for similar promotions on US ebay which is always a bummer. Must be one of their most profitable categories.

How can we find out if bullion is not in the £1 deal ?

5 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

How can we find out if bullion is not in the £1 deal ?

Any restrictions should be under the details, you might have to click the "Learn More" button if there is one. I don't have the offer here so am unable to check myself.

EDIT: After looking at the image the link "T&C's Apply" might be where you can find out.

Edited by Altitudes

23 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Any restrictions should be under the details, you might have to click the "Learn More" button if there is one. I don't have the offer here so am unable to check myself.

EDIT: After looking at the image the link "T&C's Apply" might be where you can find out.

Perfect. Thank you. 

For me personally If I was a collector and wanted one of these coins it would without doubt be the royal mint coin. 

Because of the hype im sure there is money to be made on them though. 

And anyone buying those "promise to deliver when received" listings on ebay is asking for trouble.. Good luck on receiving them if they see big price increases! they will either be "lost" in the post or flat out cancelled. 

Edited by watchesandwhisky

16 hours ago, Kman said:

I always thought it was people mistakenly thinking they were getting the real deal rm version 🙈

I would argue that the Alderney gold version was the real deal as it remained true to the original by incorporating the classic 1839 Roman numerals instead of the 2019 ones used by the RM.

16 hours ago, Altitudes said:

I honestly think them all being 70's is a bit of a downside. A perfect grade like that needs lesser grades in comparison to carry a premium.

Didn't the Alderney Una and the Lion do fairly well though? Obviously not as crazy as the RM but still went for multiples over sale price?

I appreciate this is the silver thread but I know that 400 Alderney gold Una’s were minted and 389 of them graded PR70. Maybe the canny investor should shop around for one of the 11 coins that achieved a rarer grade? 😜  

16 hours ago, Altitudes said:

Speaking of which, I've never ordered directly from the Royal Mint before. Is the site expected to crash like the US Mint site always does?

Think I've heard they use a queue system but not quite sure how that will work.

We just all turn up at the Royal Mint Experience outside Cardiff in Wales from the stroke of midnight and form a socially distancing queue. You can always tell the first timers who ask you to look after their space while they go to the toilet. Once they leave we all move up in the queue and we get the coins and they don’t.

Joking apart, you just see a progress bar which gives you an idea how long you can expect to get on the website.

17 hours ago, Oldun said:

Once the RM Graces mintages and graded coins start to hit the secondary market, all will become clear. I do wonder if BCC already know the RM mintages and have judged the market well. Who knows. And holding back the majority of the remaining coins until after the RM release ? Or dribbling them out ? Who knows ? Fascinating new strategy regarding what they may or may not do, timing around the RM release date  and price. Personally, I have never seen this sort of thing before.

The new normal is that nothing’s normal anymore!

7 hours ago, sovtsf said:

4 sold on eBay now between £850-£950 and more popping up.

Once the RM one is released it will be interesting to see how these react 

make that x5 now ! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=three+graces+2oz&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

• Auction - Hammer price @ £821
  • Buy it Now list price £949 - sold via "best offer"
  • Direct Sale Buy it now @ £850
  • Buy it Now list price £995 - sold via "best offer"
  • Direct Sale Buy it now @ £949.98

One currently on auction @ £791 with x28 bids & x90 watchers on it, 5 days left to run

1 hour ago, Paul said:

make that x5 now ! 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=three+graces+2oz&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

• Auction - Hammer price @ £821
  • Buy it Now list price £949 - sold via "best offer"
  • Direct Sale Buy it now @ £850
  • Buy it Now list price £995 - sold via "best offer"
  • Direct Sale Buy it now @ £949.98

One currently on auction @ £791 with x28 bids & x90 watchers on it, 5 days left to run

Did you manage to buy one Paul??? 

live listings have gone up

x15 Three Graces now available in various formats on FleaBay UK on Buy It Now and Auction formats

Add the completed transactions already done on ebay sales via buy it now & best offer

Gets to nearly a quarter(25%) of the initial offers used for flipping 

add how many of this first 25% bought x2, flipping on and keeping the other ??

Add what we have hooked here on the forum, correct me if i'm wrong but don't think anyone here has flipped anything as yet ??

Wonder what's going to happen on how the remaining x900 Alderneys and how they are going to be released ?

• x100 at a time weekly ?
  • all x900 go live at once ?
  • the x900 £999 RRPs 'majority' held back until RM official Three Graces release/sell outs 

Certainly an interesting marketing strategy, interesting following things  

11 hours ago, Paul said:

correct me if i'm wrong but don't think anyone here has flipped anything as yet ??

I’ve not sold either of mine yet. 😁 

Medium term keepers. Might sell/swap  one to get an Una 🤔 if they ever increase in value enough! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Yep, pretty obvious that £800-900 will be the mark as there are still another 900 coins to be released at £999. Once those are sold and done, then we will see what happens, as it may coincide with the RM release and will depend on how many disappointed RM buyers there may be and how high the RM coins are bidded up in the secondary market.

On the assumption that prices go as high as the Una couns, that will almost certainly drag the Alderney ines up with them over time.

Edited by Oldun