• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Alderney Three Graces Silver Proof 2oz

Message added by ChrisSilver,

For transparency the member who started this topic has a commercial relationship with the company he mentions. The topic author was asked to be transparent about his relationship to the mentioned dealer in his forum signature, but did not do so. We subsequently launched business accounts on the forum. 

We believe that companies who wish to advertise on TSF should do so honourably by taking out advertising and supporting TSF. TSF sells advertising for extremely competitive prices and even offers dealers to have their own subform section. We are also willing to negotiate good deals for businesses providing they are able to offer good deals for members too. 

This is one of the reasons why we introduced Business Accounts here, to add transparency for members so that they can clearly see which members are businesses and also to stop business members from unfairly adverting their business or products without supporting TSF. 

I hope Royal Mint deliver on this, I don't get the same shortness of breath, or rush of blood to my private parts as I did the UNA, both RM or Alderney.

Granted, it is a thing of beauty but it doesn't have that "IT" factor IMO.

Id happily pay £499 but £999? Not a chance.

I would be surprised if any of these intially released coins go for more than £999 right now as the remaining 900 are going to be released at £999 eventually. So, for now, there would appear to be a ceiling on the price. The real test will. be after that. Quite an interesting strategy by BCC. 

Edited by Oldun

1 minute ago, diesel said:

I hope Royal Mint deliver on this, I don't get the same shortness of breath, or rush of blood to my private parts as I did the UNA, both RM or Alderney.

Granted, it is a thing of beauty but it doesn't have that "IT" factor IMO.

Id happily pay £499 but £999? Not a chance.

the market wasn't WOWed at all really by Una in 2019, available for a few days 

not an instant sell out.

the lack of them coming to the market is where the value started raising 

the big boost only came when that graded one went daft in USA auction for $10,000+ and then repeated 

1 minute ago, Oldun said:

I would be surprised if any of these intially released coins go for more than £999 right now as the remaining 900 are going to be released at £999 eventually. So, for now, there would appear to be a ceiling on the price. The real test will. be after that. Quite an interesting strategy bt BCC. 

the value of the Alderney will see-saw so much on the aftersales and speed of sell out of the Royal Mint issue

This will always be the "ugly sister"

Just now, Oldun said:

For sure, but at the same time, they are 70s and The RM are not reliable at producing 70s, so they should do alright in the main. Of course the RM ones are the top of the tree in terms of desirability.

absolutely !

its going to be an interesting year ahead for sure, viewing and tracking these

Once the RM Graces mintages and graded coins start to hit the secondary market, all will become clear. I do wonder if BCC already know the RM mintages and have judged the market well. Who knows. And holding back the majority of the remaining coins until after the RM release ? Or dribbling them out ? Who knows ? Fascinating new strategy regarding what they may or may not do, timing around the RM release date  and price. Personally, I have never seen this sort of thing before.

Edited by Oldun

9 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

I honestly think them all being 70's is a bit of a downside. A perfect grade like that needs lesser grades in comparison to carry a premium.

Didn't the Alderney Una and the Lion do fairly well though? Obviously not as crazy as the RM but still went for multiples over sale price?

At the end of the day, there are only 1,000 of these coins in total. That is a small mintage any way you look at it with a huge collector base for this design. And £499 for a PF70 may not be too much. The real test will be seen much later down the road as Paul suggested.

Edited by Oldun

Once the RM Graces mintages and graded coins start to hot the secondary market, all will be come clear. I do wonder if BCC already know the RM mintages and have judged the market well. Who knows. And holding back the majority of the remaining coins until after the RM release ? Or dribbling them out ? Who knows ? Fascinating new strategy regarding what they may or may not do, timing around the RM release date  and price. Personally, I have never seen this sort of thing before.

given the dispatch date is from NON 1st feb 

one can maybe prersume the RM release will be either this Monday coming or 1st Feb 

1st Feb most likely - 1st day, start of month ? big launch? hype up? cant recall anything else BIG due from Royal Mint soon ??

9 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

I honestly think them all being 70's is a bit of a downside. A perfect grade like that needs lesser grades in comparison to carry a premium.

Didn't the Alderney Una and the Lion do fairly well though? Obviously not as crazy as the RM but still went for multiples over sale price?

I always thought it was people mistakenly thinking they were getting the real deal rm version 🙈

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

given the dispatch date is from NON 1st feb 

one can maybe prersume the RM release will be either this Monday coming or 1st Feb 

1st Feb most likely - 1st day, start of month ? big launch? hype up? cant recall anything else BIG due from Royal Mint soon ??

Speaking of which, I've never ordered directly from the Royal Mint before. Is the site expected to crash like the US Mint site always does?

Think I've heard they use a queue system but not quite sure how that will work.

At the end of the day, there are only 1,000 of these coins in total. IThat is a small mintage any way you look at it with a huge collector base for this design.

also offering x2 to folk/per household - if everyone bought x2

that's only really x500 transactions, available 

how many of these x500 are just planning to sit on it ???

i will be, for the foreseeable future at least a year plus most likely 

It would also seem that the RM coins may all be raw as there is no information up on the NGC website regarding graded coins (unless the RM has some fiendish secret agreement with NGC not to show any pre graded figures until release day). Oooooh the intrigue. I can’t keep up with it all !

Just now, Altitudes said:

Speaking of which, I've never ordered directly from the Royal Mint before. Is the site expected to crash like the US Mint site always does?

you will needs an account set up prior or you'll miss out for sure, RM have a queue system for launch days when site traffic is huge  

1 minute ago, Altitudes said:

You get put in an online queue...it will run into the many thousands ! It will be nutso from past popular releases.

Just now, Paul said:

you will needs an account set up prior or you'll miss out for sure, RM have a queue system for launch days when site traffic is huge  

Do you know if the queue is randomized or more of a first come first serve system? Thanks for the info, btw.

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

also offering x2 to folk/per household - if everyone bought x2

that's only really x500 transactions, available 

how many of these x500 are just planning to sit on it ???

i will be, for the foreseeable future at least a year plus most likely 

Good points. Indeed. Many will just tuck these coins away. Alderneys will take its usual backseat and quietly disappear from the limelight for a year or so as the RM frenzy takes hold. And when you also factor in how successful RM buyers will also do the same, you may not see these coins in the open for a very long time.

Edited by Oldun

2 minutes ago, Oldun said:

You get put in an online queue...it will run into the many thousands ! It will be nutso from past popular releases.

Ah, sounds like fun, haha. Have mixed feelings about the queue type systems, been through it with some other releases.

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Good points. Indeed. Many will just tuck these coins away. Alderneys will take its usual backseat and quietly disappear from the limelight for a year or so as the RM frenzy takes hold. And when you also factor in how successful RM buyers will also do the same, you may not see these coins in the open for a very long time.

for me ive got nothing to lose, love a gamble/punt, happy with thrill of chase, dot the i's and cross the 't's on this and unlikely to see too much of a downside personally, ive enjoyed so much the past 2 years with Una & following everything about it. one needs to look for new hobbys in these post-COVID times ! 

if i dont make a penny so be it, ive tried 

fortune always favours the brave, will never make a profit if you never take a risk