• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Gold Sovereign by Marsh

Foster88

38 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I wonder how many books they will print ?

Maybe a low print run of the first edition- might be worth a fortune in years to come 😂 

Seriously though, I think that this latest edition of The Gold Sovereign has been eagerly anticipated and Token Publishing keep pushing the release back.

I know nothing about publishing and printing books but it would make sense to have a boat load of pre orders and print as many as possible in one foul swoop and make the price per unit as cheap as possible- I can see the release date been pushed back further for this very reason.

Whatever is the reason, I can’t wait to get my copy- extending discussion and reference to include the 2 & 5 Sovereigns is fantastic, and I’m sure Steve Hill will have made a good job of the updates and revisions of this edition. 

20 minutes ago, Chorlton said:

Just received the dispatch confirmation EMail so not long now 😀

17 minutes ago, dicker said:

Just had confirmation from Token Publishing that they have sent my copy of the latest Marsh!

And I've just received my email notification too! Not long to wait now....

1 hour ago, Chorlton said:

Just received the dispatch confirmation EMail so not long now 😀

1 hour ago, dicker said:

Just had confirmation from Token Publishing that they have sent my copy of the latest Marsh!

40 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

And I've just received my email notification too! Not long to wait now....

Received my email notification as well today... on it's way!

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

13 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I wish I’d started a competition now.

The first to post that theirs has arrived wins a prize. 😂

Not fair. My postie doesn't arrive until 11.30 at the earliest. ☹😃

Just received mine.

Been looking at the price list.

The suggested prices are quite high at the low end, perhaps compiled when spot was higher.

If it says £400 for 2021 bullion and £600 for a 95 privy mark, would you just multiply today's going rate by 1.5 for what you would be prepared to pay?

I think I'd pay £310 today for a 2021 sov so would £465 be a fair price or should it be more?

2 hours ago, 27carrots said:

Just received mine.

Been looking at the price list.

The suggested prices are quite high at the low end, perhaps compiled when spot was higher.

If it says £400 for 2021 bullion and £600 for a 95 privy mark, would you just multiply today's going rate by 1.5 for what you would be prepared to pay?

I think I'd pay £310 today for a 2021 sov so would £465 be a fair price or should it be more?

I'm not sure but I was surprised to see the 1865 Australian half Sovereign valued at £2,000.

Surely this is over estimated.