• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

1 hour ago, monkey said:

I have some possible price targets in site, not been charting long but the patterns I find seem to have a fair degree of prediction.

If the capping line I have is broken I have a near term target of £21 again.

Hi monkey,

Your post is screaming out for visual accompaniment. Chart please! 😀

4 minutes ago, timsk said:

Hi monkey,

Your post is screaming out for visual accompaniment. Chart please! 😀

hang on I'll dig it out. I can promise anything professional its very much something I'm learning at the moment.

Good point was made on the Market Sniper twitter feed   below 

john
@john09354253
·
8m
I do not understand the usefulness of TA in such a highly manipulated market. Other than to show you when JP hammers it down or allows a small rise. I have been long silver for 15 years, I am getting tired!

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

4 minutes ago, monkey said:

Ok, very admixture charts but this is one potential I see to the up side. I see some down too. 🤣

XAGGBP_2023-08-23_16-49-36.thumb.jpg.ea874b73fc2c61250e191ab4e27f456a.jpg

XAGGBP_2023-08-23_16-50-09copy.thumb.jpg.46df07b66c3b3a75b26516a0b9b18733.jpg

XAGGBP_2023-08-23_16-51-56copy.thumb.jpg.5e976be3ffc07d6b25b8c3da764ae945.jpg

2 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

Sorry @monkey I'm not that great with charts, It's probably me. But them charts have a lot of bull in them.

So.... my silver spoons from my stack are already on an ascendant trend, or not?

I can't read "spoons" on your charts...😓😓😓

I wonder when the bears will find some relief?  And for how long?....

It's been three days of bullish melt up, with only short periods of minor reversals.  There must have been a decent amount of money lost on the short side.  How many are still hanging in there hoping not to get stopped out?  Further up, I imagine that there will be quite a lot of stops placed above the 21.5 area, as well as quite a number of limit buys ready too.  If that area is breached, the losing shorts would add a whole fuel depot to the fire.  Granted, that's a long way off yet, and it looks a little too early to me... but perhaps in September such a push might occur.

Copper starting to move upwards as well, which indicates to me that this is based on economic anticipation just as much as it is on precious metal anticipation.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

34 minutes ago, stefffana said:

So.... my silver spoons from my stack are already on an ascendant trend, or not?

I can't read "spoons" on your charts...😓😓😓

If they have got silver, then they will rise up too my friend.

1 hour ago, timsk said:

Thanks monkey.

If the message your charts convey to you is one that's helpful and meaningful - don't worry about being new at the game. It's all largely subjective anyway: one technical analyst's pullback is another technical analyst's reversal. So, there is no real right or wrong. The only thing I'd say is that if (note emphasis) you're struggling and not finding an approach that conveys helpful and meaningful insights into the market - try keeping it super simple. You've got a lot of spaghetti going on there (again, not a criticism - just an observation) and sometimes TA is a case of 'less is more'.

Do I do as I preach I hear you ask? I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to playing around with charts but, as I'm easily confused, I like to stick to the basics. My recent 'find' is the Optimised Trend Tracker (OTT) indicator which, IMO, does a half decent job of doing what it says on the tin. If price is above the blue moving average which is above the thicker green OTT line - then I'm bullish. If price is between the blue moving average and the main green OTT line, then that suggests either a pullback or possible trend reversal. The reverse applies in a downtrend when the OTT line is red. Here's a chart . . .

XAGGBP_2023-08-23_18-14-59.png

Thanks for the feedback

Believe it or not I cleared a lot of the fluff out of that chart lol.

I agree that there are many ways of reading charts and tools and techniques to employ. I'm only really starting out, not even really using them to invest for now. Just seeing if I can come up with any sort of prediction. Making a record of it and seeing if it comes good and what time frame.

I don't tend to look at moving averages as I struggle to see how they can predict the future trend and suggest when the next move could come. I tend to keep an eye out for patterns like channels, wedges and flag patterns.

Rafi is an acquired taste but some interesting charts inc silver and palladium, which is off on a nice little run this afternoon 
Jump the first 6 minutes (just a stock recommendation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeolEFkiRDY

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack