• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

How are markets going to treat us in a few hours' time? 

Looking at the TA and listening to other analysts, they are predicting a blood bath with another 10% potentially being wiped out. For silver a 10% drop would be below the AISC of several major mining operations. I don't know how that's possible unless we ignore physical reality and only use technical analysis but that's what markets like to do

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 minute ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

How are markets going to treat us in a few hours' time? 

Looking at the TA and listening to other analysts, they are predicting a blood bath with another 10% potentially being wiped out. For silver a 10% drop would be below the AISC of several major mining operations. I don't know how that's possible unless we ignore physical reality and only use technical analysis but that's what markets like to do

I Was wondering if Fridays drop was some sort of housekeeping excercise for somebody balancing books I think it was the last day of the 3rd quarter.  just a thought

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

46 minutes ago, theman73 said:

JP Morgan most likely 

Ja cos they've rolled off the suspension they had from the Rico charges when they got that $920 million fine a couple years ago. So now back to f*cking the market

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

18 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Ja cos they've rolled off the suspension they had from the Rico charges when they got that $920 million fine a couple years ago. So now back to f*cking the market

Three times convicted, they still making money on the silver market, I love the ''free market'' in the USA

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 hour ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

I Was wondering if Fridays drop was some sort of housekeeping excercise for somebody balancing books I think it was the last day of the 3rd quarter.  just a thought

You're right. When the technical analysts are broadly saying the same thing it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The housekeeping and book balancing is due to revised expectations of Fed, BoE, ECB policies. If you go back a few months people were saying rates would briefly peak around 5.5-6% and then begin to drop back in Q4 2023 or Q1 2024. The CBs have pushed that timescale in their estimation back to late 2024 or 2025. Interest rates were unchanged but the market's view of that rate shifted a lot. Much of it is irrational IMHO but the reasons analysts are giving for the sharp drops are people collectively housekeeping between gold, bills, notes and bonds.

Much of that housekeeping may have already taken place and it could be buying the dip when we open or it might have taken time for the housekeeping memo to filter through and there could be further sell-offs. More than 50% of analysts are saying further sell-offs

1 minute ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

TIMBER.png

I like this guy or some aspects of what he says anyway - "the point is not to be correct, it's to make money"

Having said that, there are more fundamental analyses than technical analysis, which some people take as gospel but in reality TA is just a biased coin toss. Sure, the TA might give you 60-65% in a 50/50 flip but there's still a 35-40% chance the TA is misleading. Of course time frames make a huge difference but if the AISC of several major mining operations was already well above $20/oz several quarters ago, has there been a deflationary event that I've missed? Has the price of finance gone back to historically low 0% levels? Nouriel Roubini, a guy I like but others hate, has stated that going back to 2% inflation is "Mission Impossible". Cost of finance is sticky. Wage increases are sticky - inflation can go down but good luck trying to lower the wages of workers with existing contracts. Oil is doing its own thing and has counterintuitively spiked quite a lot if we're headed for global recession, but then again there is precedent for a big spike in oil actually causing a deflationary event

When all is said and done, if the price of silver on the open "free" market is less than what it costs to mine, refine and transport, it's impossible for silver to stay below $20/oz without causing major operations to curtail or cease production, which would dramatically squeeze supply relative to demand and force the price of silver back up to "acceptable" levels

Gold has gone down a $1000 in the space of weeks, the Dollar will be strong and continue to be strong, for the forseeable until summer. Its not going to look good for Gold and even worse for silver, but the only saving grace could be a credit event. I reckon the fed will start cutting rates in the summer next year.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Gold has gone down a $1000 in the space of weeks, the Dollar will be strong and continue to be strong, for the forseeable until summer. Its not going to look good for Gold and even worse for silver, but the only saving grace could be a credit event. I reckon the fed will start cutting rates in the summer next year.

Down a thousand... jeezus 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

9 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

$1000 you say. Ok. Sounds legit.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

18 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

No it hasn’t where you get that from???IMG_8197.thumb.png.a0e11796bbcd977331ec5d9a47c1506b.png

4 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

No it hasn’t where you get that from???IMG_8197.thumb.png.a0e11796bbcd977331ec5d9a47c1506b.png

Theres some rubbish maths right there on that website!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Alright I got my 100s and thousand mixed up!