• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

8 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Would you mind explaining what rinse and squeeze cycles are for the dumbos like me who don’t already know.

Money laundering.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

a message from coininvest on there website.

Due to logistical issues, we are temporarily suspending shipments to the UK. Please contact: sales@coininvest.com with any questions.

imo it means there running out 😃

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

On 05/07/2023 at 15:11, theman73 said:

It's the middle finger from market manipulators

yes. fat fingers lol

fat_finger_fred.jpg

3 minutes ago, ant1882 said:

Just noticed a nice little jump in price today.

I'm hoping its the brake of a bull flag targeting about £21/ozt, but then I'll be missing out on lower buying prices....

1 hour ago, silversky said:

Inflation lower than expected in US.

yeah thats not good, although the rise in Silver was due to emotions on the banks. 
Its good for a drop in gold though, but the dollar & bonds are showing thier cracks. 

I have a live interview tomorrow on the economy, the QFS & Nesara Gesara so swatting up 
The BRIC's are really showing strength. 
Good for them if you ask me, not so great for Europe though. 

Edited by Stacktastic

4.4% up at the moment in the USA.  3.8% here in the UK.

It all kicked off after the US inflation numbers came in at 13:30.  Perhaps there's a feeling that the fed may be able to start reducing rates sooner than expected...  Not so sure that the UK will be in a position to do such a thing for a while though.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

relative strength of the pound is going to be a headwind for quite a while I reckon

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Wait till aug 2023 when the brics summit  in africa ( where china has invested heavily in there infrastructure). then we will see some real movement 😃

2 minutes ago, Russell said:

I don't care how long it takes I just keep on stacking.  Especially when you here Backyard Bullion was actually stopped from buying gold and silver from the Royal Mint by his bank. See his Youtube video on it.

I have just had a very similar experience, been on the phone most of the day with them - although I must admit my spend in one day was somewhat "enthusiastic" ............ :wacko:

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

Curious to see what happens after tomorrow morning's inflation figures.  The US figures last week had quite an impact on the price in USD.  One wonders whether the expectation is that the UK might show similar results.  Perhaps such an expectation is already baked in?  If so, a drop will be triggered instead...  Or perhaps UK inflation will remain stubbornly high, and a small drop will be triggered on the back of that data anyway.

1 hour ago, silversky said:

Curious to see what happens after tomorrow morning's inflation figures.  The US figures last week had quite an impact on the price in USD.  One wonders whether the expectation is that the UK might show similar results.  Perhaps such an expectation is already baked in?  If so, a drop will be triggered instead...  Or perhaps UK inflation will remain stubbornly high, and a small drop will be triggered on the back of that data anyway.

UK data won't affect the spot price, but who knows...

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

So data has come in with UK inflation lower than expected.  Clearly the small jump in price in £'s is a forex artefact for now.  But I wonder whether this will be seen by investors worldwide as an indication that leading (er cough cough) economies are likely to be reversing their high interest rate policies soon.  High interest is a big fear.  If that subsides I can see industrial confidence worldwide picking back up. I guess we'll know by lunchtime whether there will be much impact on the core price in USD.  So far it has responded by falling.

7 minutes ago, silversky said:

So data has come in with UK inflation lower than expected.  Clearly the small jump in price in £'s is a forex artefact for now.  But I wonder whether this will be seen by investors worldwide as an indication that leading (er cough cough) economies are likely to be reversing their high interest rate policies soon.  High interest is a big fear.  If that subsides I can see industrial confidence worldwide picking back up. I guess we'll know by lunchtime whether there will be much impact on the core price in USD.  So far it has responded by falling.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to see it. 

7.3% huh.... 🤔

Where's that large pinch of salt I was looking for earlier...

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices

Edited by flyingveepixie