• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

12 minutes ago, silversky said:

Do you realistically see any government coming to power who will not continue this policy?  I don't.  

No, because no-elected party ever comes to true power, or policy making.
Power & policy is directed by the corporate lobbyists, via the (non-elected) Civil Service, to the mouths of puppet career 'politicians'.

When a very rare instance happens of a politician letting their brain/conscience/scruples get ahead of their career and income, they are swiftly and efficiently 'dealt with', Andrew Bridgen being the most recent example.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

13 minutes ago, silversky said:

It would take massive negative flows to change significantly the demand floor on housing.  Many of the recently imported care workers are living four to a room in shared accommodation.  Even if many were to leave, there would still be enormous demand for better living conditions amongst those who remained.  Add to that the near 100% increase in certain building materials, and the idea of building houses to make them cheaper is simply off the table.

I would be interested to see a long term chart of house prices vs ounces of Silver if anyone has one?  I'm aware that one exists somewhere for gold, but I'm curious to see one based on Silver.

http://www.goldchartsrus.com/chartstemp/USHLSPOG1.php

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

9 minutes ago, BLOOMMAN101 said:

A close correlation there.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

Looking at the chart, the time to sell the house and back up a few trucks outside Chards was clearly between 2000 and 2005 when Silver was in the weeds.  Interesting because buying a house in that period made some significant gains relative to now.  But nothing like the gains that would have come from Silver.  We appear to be somewhere close to the middle in terms of multiples.  15000 / 3 is back to 5000 ounces per house, and 15000 x 3 is back up to the cheap silver days of 45000

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 hour ago, silversky said:

It's value in toilet paper is not really relevant.  :lol:  Demographic forces are unlikely to reverse for several decades in the UK, and freeing yourself from having to pay ever increasing amounts of toilet paper rent is valuable to you.  The only way the supply of renters and potential owners is ever going down, is if a forceful government retroactively cancels a load of new British citizens, and starts deporting them.  Such a move is virtually impossible in the modern global world.  The last time someone tried that sort of thing, the global community railed against them, and a world war ensued.  We'd have far worse problems to worry about if such a situation developed again.  Basically, housing pressure is here to stay.  It'll be bickered about as always, and tinkered around with ineffectually from time to time, but ultimately it is here to stay certainly until the boomers and gen x die off in large numbers.  It's good to relieve yourself early... of any requirement to pay toilet paper charges every month. :lol::lol::lol:

Mr Sunak could always mandate the useless eaters take multiple doses of Climate Change in the form of his upcoming long list of mRNA / plasmid DNA special injections. That'll sort it.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Not a fan of Sunak or even the idea of Sunak but I will give credit where it's due. He somewhat listened with regards oil and gas. He has issued hundreds of new permits for oil and gas exploration/exploitation in the North Sea. I agree with his logic when defending this move - "it's the greenest solution to get it from the North Sea rather than ship it halfway across the world". I've said that several times in relation to EVs and "green energy" directives like wind and solar

The new permits will be a win-win for the richest and a small win for the ordinary man, not a win for the country as a whole. A win for the country would be giving citizens shareholder ownership, rights and dividends in the companies who have been granted permission to exploit the North Sea. The energy companies operate on limited liability, passing the unlimited liability to the taxpayer. In a very real sense we are subsidising private companies with foreign shareholders by picking up the tab while they profit with tens of billions annually

I'm a guy who likes traditional British and Christian values. I am not into this new-age c**p, open borders or social justice. With regards immigrants they are actually necessary. Not in the volume we've seen recently but over the long-term our rate of immigration should be roughly + 0.7%/year. We've been running far hotter than that for the last 20 years, meaning we need to reduce immigration to 0% for a decade to rebalance

When it comes to pressures on the housing market, in many jurisdictions there are 10 times more people arriving than new houses being built. Think about that. Our influx of people is a full order of magnitude greater than our ability to house them and provide public services (GPs, NHS, roads, schools, etc). Even a dramatic reduction in immigration or a reduction to 0% for a decade is not going to fix the enormous housing and public services problems. The demand for property and the cultural attachment here to property (winter is a thing) means there are going to be more buyers than properties for sale throughout the entirety of the UK most likely for the rest of our lifetimes

I'm sure that affects silver prices somehow but there has been no widespread buying of the dip so far this week. As I've been saying for a while, from now until the end of August is a great time to be adding to your silver (and gold) stack

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

On 10/08/2023 at 09:16, Joshp said:

I'm currently looking for a mortgage broker, (a good one). Are you able to offer any guidance? 🙂

I’ll PM you 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Interesting spike low on release of better than expected US retail figures.  Perhaps that was just an electronic push which failed?  The price has again rebounded sharply though, and it could in fact be the bottom for now.  I will be interested to see how tomorrow's UK inflation numbers come in.  That might make a bit of a change to the GBP.

image.png.8ddbc7f5c27c5c19e8f28fabfe8147d3.png

Edited by silversky

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

On 11/08/2023 at 18:02, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Not a fan of Sunak or even the idea of Sunak but I will give credit where it's due. He somewhat listened with regards oil and gas. He has issued hundreds of new permits for oil and gas exploration/exploitation in the North Sea. I agree with his logic when defending this move - "it's the greenest solution to get it from the North Sea rather than ship it halfway across the world". I've said that several times in relation to EVs and "green energy" directives like wind and solar

The new permits will be a win-win for the richest and a small win for the ordinary man, not a win for the country as a whole. A win for the country would be giving citizens shareholder ownership, rights and dividends in the companies who have been granted permission to exploit the North Sea. The energy companies operate on limited liability, passing the unlimited liability to the taxpayer. In a very real sense we are subsidising private companies with foreign shareholders by picking up the tab while they profit with tens of billions annually

I'm a guy who likes traditional British and Christian values. I am not into this new-age c**p, open borders or social justice. With regards immigrants they are actually necessary. Not in the volume we've seen recently but over the long-term our rate of immigration should be roughly + 0.7%/year. We've been running far hotter than that for the last 20 years, meaning we need to reduce immigration to 0% for a decade to rebalance

When it comes to pressures on the housing market, in many jurisdictions there are 10 times more people arriving than new houses being built. Think about that. Our influx of people is a full order of magnitude greater than our ability to house them and provide public services (GPs, NHS, roads, schools, etc). Even a dramatic reduction in immigration or a reduction to 0% for a decade is not going to fix the enormous housing and public services problems. The demand for property and the cultural attachment here to property (winter is a thing) means there are going to be more buyers than properties for sale throughout the entirety of the UK most likely for the rest of our lifetimes

I'm sure that affects silver prices somehow but there has been no widespread buying of the dip so far this week. As I've been saying for a while, from now until the end of August is a great time to be adding to your silver (and gold) stack

anyone who says using our own oil and gas is a 'green' solution is either a moron or too cowardly to actually say,, using our own oil and gas is what we should have been doing for the last 25 years and we would have made a fortune..  

25 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

"The science" is another hijacked phrase which has been turned political and no longer has anything to so with the actual scientific method.

Hypothesis > method > experiment > results > conclusion > peer review/debate/reproduction of results etc. You know, all that useful stuff kids used to get taught in schools before they were turned into politicised woke indoctrination camps by Marxists.

Ah yes,  "The Science"   another classic example....

So it's just another dip - must maintain confidence in one's own original convictions; Rick Rule on Eric Sprott:

Edited by Coverte

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.