• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

32 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

You would think even when you factor in transportation costs a refinery would easily make at least 7% by shipping it to China.

VAT? Custom tax?

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

10 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I don't know what the tax and customs charges are for China.

I would assume if they want the metal that will all be waived.

Nope

''The standard VAT rate in China is 13%, which applies to most taxable goods except agricultural and utility items.''

Plus custom tax

dancu.co.uk

31 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Nope

''The standard VAT rate in China is 13%, which applies to most taxable goods except agricultural and utility items.''

Plus custom tax

Makes no real difference, as there is still an arbitrage after all costs are taken into consideration.

41 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Nope

Plus custom tax

So, no tax on silver they buy in for solar ‘farms’? 🧐😉

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

22 minutes ago, theman73 said:

Of course there are taxes

Yes I know, I was playing the fool a little bit! When Chinese companies import materials the VAT paid is then deductible from the output VAT, so they are set up somewhat to play the game as Petra suggested. Companies use the ECR, exemption credit and refund method to do this
from memory. A while since I bothered looking into it all though as taxes can make my blood boil 

You know why you can’t trust atoms? 

Live Silver Price UK in GBP per Ounce

Ag

Current Price

£22.54

Live Change

0.00% £0.00

Live high £22.54

Live low £22.52

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Ag

Current Price

£22.60

Live Change

0.11% £+0.02

Live high £22.60

Live low £22.58

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Ag

Current Price

£22.61

Live Change

-0.10% £-0.02

Live high £22.63

Live low £22.60

Ag

Current Price

£22.74

Live Change

0.00% £0.00

Live high £22.74

Live low £22.74

Ag

Current Price

£22.67

Live Change

0.12% £+0.03

Live high £22.70

Live low £22.64

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2024 at 11:27, theman73 said:

Nope

Plus custom tax

Is there a customs tax if a Chinese citizen buys Gold and Silver from Hong Kong or Singapore?

Edited by FriedrichVonHayek

3 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

That's a very simplistic view of the global market. If what you say is the case, then why can't the western companies buy up silver and mass produce EVs and solar products cheaply ?

Are there any other factors that you have missed off which causes EV and solar manufacturers based in the West just can't not compete? 

Try production costs to start with in the west compared to China. Sometimes simple views are the obvious and not far out🤔

35 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

Is there a customs tax if a Chinese citizen buys Gold and Silver from Hong Kong or Singapore?

Yes if they take the silver to Shanghai

dancu.co.uk

£22.77