• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

That's a great analogy Mr. Oliver makes between Labour, Conservative and a pair of wrinkled and exhausted testicles. "They don't do anything, they just occupy a space"

Update September 7th - Silver is being smacked down by import figures from China - down 12.4% when the market was expecting down 5%

Silver has been falling for a couple of days now with no end to the bleeding in sight. Will we go back to £17???

Edited by HonestMoneyGoldSilver
Staying on topic

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

On 31/08/2023 at 10:47, Zhorro said:

Back in March, I reported that the paper to silver ratio was 364.29 to 1.  Interestingly it is now only (!) 273.99 to 1 - which is quite a fall in a matter of 5 1/2 months.  It will be interesting to see whether this continues - and the implications of this move (why has it happened, and will there be an impact on the spot price of silver?).

image.jpeg.d85c43d3ce2e2dcebfa04634e851da7b.jpeg

The paper to gold ratio has increased slightly in this time period - up from 121.32 to 1, to 127.19 to 1.  So, not really much change with gold.

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall - it is now 266.96:1

image.jpeg.7a7fc6074a7610e81a27047042768c8f.jpeg

Edited by Zhorro

So, fed rate came in unchanged at 5.5% as expected, and the UK yearly inflation rate actually fell from 6.8 to 6.7%, rather than a rise to the 7% forecasted.  It's all just monkey magic numbers of course, but interesting to see what happens tomorrow with the BOE interest rate decision.  Will they continue raising by another 0.25 points, up to the 5.5% that the market expects?  It might just have a small impact on the pound if there's a surprise.  The price of Silver in pounds might rise a bit as a result of exchange rate action.

I'm guessing that the bank would like to raise rates.  But they must be considering how many people are starting to struggle to pay their mortgages as more and more come off fixed rate deals.  Poor US / global economic conditions are bad news for Silver, but the UK in stagflation is irrelevant.  I'm surprised that a real correction hasn't got underway in earnest, but it seems like the money men might just get away with another round before the big one...

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

On 08/09/2023 at 12:56, Zhorro said:

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall - it is now 266.96:1

image.jpeg.7a7fc6074a7610e81a27047042768c8f.jpeg

The paper to silver ratio continues to fall.  It is now 254.88:1.  Back in March is was 364.29:1.  So, in the last 6 months some 30% of paper silver has disappeared (or I suppose silver production could have increased!). This would seem to be a significant amount but I have not seen any discussion of this development or its implications for the price of silver.

Silver-Paper-22-9-23.jpg

So the UK BOE didn't raise rates yesterday.  And only a few articles about that surprise development...  Bad news is what's exciting for the media, so a surprise halt to rates rising doesn't have as much mileage as doom and gloom anti government rhetoric.

The market in Silver initially made an attempt to sell off, both here and in USD, but a pretty strong rejection followed. I was a little surprised by the initial move, but I'm guessing it was just a stop running exercise.  Both the USA and UK seem to be getting their ducks in a row slowly, and I suspect that the massive collapse and hyperinflation narrative has pretty much run its course.  For now at least....

It looks like the magic money managers might just succeed in pulling off another "healthy functioning economy" illusion, before the inevitable big one finally comes due.  UK and US politicians will certainly be keen to try to paint a better picture in the lead up to winter elections in 2024.

Edited by silversky

7 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I have noticed an anomaly with the recent fall in precious metals in that the Gold/Silver ratio has narrowed from around 84 to around 81.

You would expect the ratio to normally widen.

More people buying silver then normal giving it more support in a sell off? Maybe the public is catching on.

9 minutes ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I don't have a clue, but if PM's recover I would expect the ratio to contract further.

I agree with you there. There seems to be roughly an equal counter move on price charts including the gold silver ratio when there is a rapid extreme move.

With the gold silver ratio getting to 120 in 2021, I'm expecting it to get into the teens at some point in the next few years. Just a thought and observation on my part.

1 hour ago, monkey said:

More people buying silver then normal giving it more support in a sell off? Maybe the public is catching on.

Nice little wedge pattern here - interesting to see if it bounces about in that for a bit
Trend line going to major highs in 2020 and many lows to 2015. Probably further. 
This is not drawn very carefully/accurately btw! Bit rushed today! 

The blue line is probbaly when i will sell - I have a grand in it swing trading at 5% currently. 
I am quite bearish on Silver not so much gold. 

Anyone got any idea why Palladium is doing so well? 
I know its a different thread but this one is much busier. 
Only asking as I have a grand in that at the lows as well at 10% currently. :) 

Been loading up on mining stocks this week - GDX, NEM & AG - watching Barrick. 
Holding out for GDXJ as it has a load of miners in debt and silver miners. 

WEDGE.png

Edited by Stacktastic

7 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Nice little wedge pattern here - interesting to see if it bounces about in that for a bit
Trend line going to major highs in 2020 and many lows to 2015. Probably further. 
This is not drawn very carefully/accurately btw! Bit rushed today! 

The blue line is probbaly when i will sell - I have a grand in it swing trading at 5% currently. 
I am quite bearish on Silver not so much gold. 

Anyone got any idea why Palladium is doing so well? 
I know its a different thread but this one is much busier. 
Only asking as I have a grand in that at the lows as well at 10% currently. :) 

WEDGE.png

I've been watching this on the daily   I think it is an even longer time frame than yours ,

ig.jpg

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

It's an interesting wedge that's built up, but it also looks quite possible that a much larger down wave could set off.  It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.  Back in May I fully expected this downwards action, but I didn't anticipate the rather lacklustre rises following it.  The price action now seems to have bunched up somewhat, without a break to the upside, which is starting to look a bit weak to me.  I guess I'm neutral on Silver for now.

7 minutes ago, silversky said:

It's an interesting wedge that's built up, but it also looks quite possible that a much larger down wave could set off.  It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.  Back in May I fully expected this downwards action, but I didn't anticipate the rather lacklustre rises following it.  The price action now seems to have bunched up somewhat, without a break to the upside, which is starting to look a bit weak to me.  I guess I'm neutral on Silver for now.

Yeah I'm no in hurry to go long atm

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

9 minutes ago, silversky said:

Yikes.  That's a big rise and fall today. Not sure what triggered that but there must be something causing waves.

image.png.c6a684f1aa50360ecad9668d38def472.png

image.png.811d721026e5820e690924424a0bcd2d.png

Manipulation 

MANIPULATION

Manipulation

MANIPULATION

14:30 US market open

Edited by theman73

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk