• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

I've been interested in learning about the green energy sector

Solar glass manufacturers are flying atm, Xinyi Solar especially

I've been watching them all month thinking about putting some money in but "wait till it cools off a bit" well they aren't cooling off lol

They're up 40% from June, they've said their earnings in Q1 are up 35-50% higher than last year

Apparently solar is set to boom in the next few years

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

@HerefordBullyun that’s one of the ones i was thinking will do very well. 

Sticking to my boring strategy though of well managed funds.

Good luck, hope you make a few quid I’m sure you will 👍 

Cheers I only threw a monkey into it. As majority of my stock is tied in mining stocks.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

17 minutes ago, cornishrich said:

Would love to invest in stocks but Im am not smartest person. Any advice on how to get into it? 

I am not on any trading platforms  I just use free trade. It's just an app on your phone so quite simple. I can send you a referral  link when I get one. Then you will get free share up to the value of 200 when you sign up.  You can invest as little as 10 so and it's commission  free. A lot of the trading platforms  charge. If you just want to buy and hold shares or sell when you've made a couple of quid. It's ok. Its not difficult  as I'm thick as mince and twice as stupid. Gold mining stocks are a good buy. I have greatland which is on the free trade app. They 're a buy and hold for me. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

25 minutes ago, cornishrich said:

Would love to invest in stocks but Im am not smartest person. Any advice on how to get into it? 

Look at yahoo finance also they give advice on what shares to buy and you can sign up to simplywallst also it gives you insights in the company  you are buying as tells you wether the company  is over or under valued and if it holds debt.

3 hours ago, Kman said:

I've been watching them all month thinking about putting some money in but "wait till it cools off a bit" well they aren't cooling off lol

They're up 40% from June, they've said their earnings in Q1 are up 35-50% higher than last year

BP have a massive one in solar in Oz they will be going into this more and more going forward.

11 hours ago, Kman said:

Hi Kman, look up PVCS on the LSE, they are a story of so much promise, been the U.K’s lead solar play as long as I can remember, traded them many moons ago, they were always heavily featured in the likes of Shares magazine and the I.C.

What you find with solar companies, is the obvious that technology is always evolving. Panels for many years were constantly getting cheaper. So margins were skinnier too and the need to update or get left behind was explained to me by a solar panel wholesaler who stocked maybe 30 or 40 types from different brand leaders.

There was another U.K list Romag, who were South Wales based, from memory they worked with Southampton university, I lost touch with the story years ago. The buzz in the U.K seemed to peak a bit when the feed in tariffs started reducing, now unless you operate in the solar sector it seems the investment media don’t plug the story as much.

Good luck with your pick, this is just for background if you’re interested.

12 hours ago, cornishrich said:

I would stick with index funds and investment trusts to begin with. Individual stock picking is more risky. 

I'd recommend starting out with a stocks and shares isa with a low fee company like vanguard or cavendish

15 hours ago, Kman said:

It’s a massive scam.  Watch Planet of the Humans. 

Imagine if you could harness millions of years of solar energy in a single barrel, which could provide energy equivalent to 23,000 hours of human output 😳 😂

Agree that once solar efficiency gets over 50% it’ll still have a place.

But still think oil’s got a long time to run yet - O&G / mining hugely undervalued sectors. 

Favourite funds - Blackrock World Mining Trust and Blackrock Energy & Resources Income Trust (divi revisions still to be applied but would expect >5% pa)

3 hours ago, RichmondStacker said:

It’s a massive scam.  Watch Planet of the Humans. 

Michael Moore is a deceitful and delusional POS, but he's mostly correct on this one - or at least whoever made the documentary is. It's got some weak points but a lot of it is factual and accurate. IMO the green energy thing will continue to be a good investment for several years yet, but eventually reality will catch up and it'll come crashing down. Be ready to bail.

Is anyone investing in Cybersecurity or Defence firms ?

Currently I'm looking at Akamai tech (Score 9), Fortinet (Score 10), Qualys (Score 11), Zscaler (Score 9), Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Leidos Holdings and Maxar tech.

1 hour ago, SVK said:

Is anyone investing in Cybersecurity or Defence firms ?

Currently I'm looking at Akamai tech (Score 9), Fortinet (Score 10), Qualys (Score 11), Zscaler (Score 9), Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Leidos Holdings and Maxar tech.

Zscaler and qualys are massive they are tapping into corporates including  who I work for. 

On 30/06/2020 at 23:30, Martlet said:

Aston Martin (AML) definitely one to watch. Had a poor listing and got kicked down as punishment for overvaluing, now oversold with potential for significant upswing.

It's a suitably racy stock.

One one hand if their F1 team is successful I can see it translating to a very successful window for their road cars, but one the other hand you can't ignore their history that has seen them go bust no fewer than 7 times. 

Toto Wolff put about 2% of his net worth into AML, and I would suggest that if you are going to buy it in then do so with no more than that sort of amount.

Gold is at $1800, you know it's going to bounce off and go to $1750, more likely closer to $1700

Leveraged sell position against gold at the right time? 👀

This is 2011, pink is $1800 which you can see it liked to bounce off, including the first time before it went to $1900 it bounced down to $1725

gold1800.thumb.png.867195fbc345c5338f4beaa96a198342.png

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Wouldn’t go with leverage in current market. $1800 should act as support now and think  blow off to $1900 will come sooner than most think 👀

DXY seems to be on its way to test 95 level and if it breaks that, opens the door to collapse to 90. Would imagine Gold will be well over $2k by then. 

$3k gold is coming.... 🙌

Nice rise in the mining stocks today folks! With the accelaeration in gold and silver prices!

5 hours ago, Kman said:

Gold is at $1800, you know it's going to bounce off and go to $1750, more likely closer to $1700

Leveraged sell position against gold at the right time? 👀

This is 2011, pink is $1800 which you can see it liked to bounce off, including the first time before it went to $1900 it bounced down to $1725

Maybe more like $1785 pull back after thinking about it more, if i keep guessing then i'm bound to be right lol 

I have taken profit on the gold mining fund I hold in my SIPP and moved it into global energy, hopefully they will both do well over the coming years. Gold had grown to 54% of the total and now seemed like a good time to diversify but we will see.

23 minutes ago, KDave said:

I have taken profit on the gold mining fund I hold in my SIPP and moved it into global energy, hopefully they will both do well over the coming years. Gold had grown to 54% of the total and now seemed like a good time to diversify but we will see.

Never wrong to take profits...I am thinking of doing the same tomorrow.

I agree over the years they will, I am 25% gold, 25% oil, I think both will be multiples higher in the coming years. Now if there is consolidation in gold in mean time, I have put the profits made over a number of years so far into a bombed out sector with limited downside. Hopefully that will lock it in. Who knows. 

Do we think gold will break through the previous all time high on the first attempt? 

Archived