• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

I would expect value stocks to suffer in the crash but not to the same extent as they are already at crazy valuations, and falling another 20% down from where we are now, currently at 50% down (in the case of oil) I see more akin to volatility. Shell down another £2 from here for example is hardly worth worrying about it was up more than £4 from march at one point. Same with the likes of BT, now around £1 a share down from nearly £5 a few years ago, whats another 20p off :D

Perhaps we will finally see the mythical £9 shell as I am saving a bit of money for, and maybe even sub £2 BP, the March low in BP was £2.23, perhaps we will see it even lower after this thing blows up. Could be once in a life time buying opportunity. Equally tech might keep going for months, to use the bitcoin analogy again do we think this is April 2017 or do we think this is November 2017? Or is it September 1929, who knows. 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, KDave said:

I read Microsoft is now worth double every oil and gas producer on earth, one tech company is worth double the ENTIRE energy sector

Yes I also read the tech stocks and now bigger than the entire EU markets combined

Maybe there's more to come, a parabolic top to suck in people to sell to when it starts to look too good to miss out on; telsa seems like that now

29 minutes ago, Roy said:

I've found stock market youtubers are as bad as precious metal 'experts'. They share the same material.

'It will probably go up, then pull back then shoot higher, then drop, then go sideways, then fall, then rise, then explode, hold for a while, then crash, or it could hover a bit, go up and down then stabilise and then fall, probably quite hard but then it will recover and make a new high, consolidate for a while and then....'

I like the macro view that if x, y and z indicators equalled a stock crash every time before why will it be any different now, just the timing is tough

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Macro will not provide timing, it just gives a long term time frame for cause and effect. Once you work out what will benefit and what will suffer from expected conditions you can work out which sectors and stocks to buy, but it also doesn't give you price levels you should buy at in said sectors or which companies are the good ones or anything like that, so you can end up buying companies that go under, or you buy ones that will do well long term but at a high price and so limit your upside. Diversification and cost average is important as part of the plan then, but as ever nothing is guaranteed in investing no matter what system you follow, the risk of being wrong is also something to think about.

30 minutes ago, KDave said:

Macro will not provide timing, it just gives a long term time frame for cause and effect. Once you work out what will benefit and what will suffer from expected conditions you can work out which sectors and stocks to buy, but it also doesn't give you price levels you should buy at in said sectors or which companies are the good ones or anything like that, so you can end up buying companies that go under, or you buy ones that will do well long term but at a high price and so limit your upside. Diversification and cost average is important as part of the plan then, but as ever nothing is guaranteed in investing no matter what system you follow, the risk of being wrong is also something to think about.

Yes I'm starting to see investing as a clearer 3 step process

1. Macro for overview and idea of what to invest in
  2. Research of that industry and the companies within
  3. Technical analysis for more finite timing of entries, top ups, profit taking or exit

Maybe you can get away with being a bit lazy with #2 if there's a good broad etf 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

5 hours ago, Kman said:

Best youtube about stocks but not directly about stocks is Steven Van Metre, backs up everything he says with charts, speaks a lot of sense

He speaks too much sense for the markets lol he has been pretty wrong about what's happened since March with equities and commodities 

I think he will be right sooner than later though

This guy is very interesting. His point he made for housing, the definition of liquidity and the easiest time to sell. The easiest time to sell is at the top. Seems spot on to me, I am seeing all time highs in house prices after a huge monthly increase, doesn't quite make Apple adding shells market cap every day look reasonable but its similar price action, very toppy in my view. 

You should not buy property when interest rates are low, because prices are high. You should buy when interest rates are high and prices are low (so he says, makes sense). That is coming later in the decade in my view, a few years from now once the FED is forced to follow inflation up reluctantly at first then in panic later. They want to keep employment as high as possible by not raising rates and to devalue the debt via inflation, its the best of both worlds for them in the short term. For house prices nominally prices might only be 15-20% down by end of the decade, but in real terms 50% down.

• 1 month later...

Seems there are a few threads that evolve into general trading, so I’ll just bump this as around 5 months back around the Covid stock clamour, I mentioned ORPH at 8.2p and EVG 9.4p both have allowed traders in and out with spikes but both are now sat at 26.5p and 12.85p respectively.

Having taken some profit in each, added and generally stuck around as neither were pure Covid stocks. Plenty left to come in their respective journeys. Just saying.

Archived