• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

On 30/07/2020 at 16:00, Derv said:

So it is , I was getting mixed up with plutonium, which can be made. 

Any stocks in particular ? Or peruse them all 

My mate gave a list of his portfolio. GCL is a ETF  with a various basket uranium miners which he recommended.

Also

Global atomic corporation

Denison mining corps

Energy fuels inc

Fission uranium  corps

Goviex uranium inc

Laramide resources inc

Nexgen energy 

Plateau energy metals

UEX coporation

Ur-energy inc

That will keep you going @KDave @Kman they are buy and hold for the long term.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bullionaire said:

Glad I sold my BT shares the other day now, and moved some money into the BG American B fund. Amazon have had a great day with their earnings. 

Not surprisingly Covid has made bezos a fortune

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

BT will do very well once inflation kicks off, they are trying to get Ofcom to agree to CPI price indexing of the last rural properties in order to roll out new infrastructure, they have this already in place with the rest of the UK;

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/annual-price-changes-and-cpi

https://www.bt.com/bt-plc/assets/documents/investors/financial-reporting-and-news/quarterly-results/2020-21/q1/q120-media-transcript.pdf

Think about it. CPI indexed pricing, generated from infrastructure paid for now = huge cashflow tomorrow (the extent determined by CPI/inflation). If you think any sort of inflation is coming over the next few years then BT are a buy.

The market is not happy because revenue is down 7% and missing the big picture. 

My mate just mentioned to me also he said if Eric sprott owns mining stocks buy the ones he owns. Sure a quick Google would do

3 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

My mate gave a list of his portfolio. GCL is a ETF  with a various basket uranium miners which he recommended.

Also

Denison mining corps

Energy fuels inc

Fission uranium  corps

Goviex uranium inc

Laramide resources inc

Nexgen energy 

Plateau energy metals

UEX coporation

Ur-energy inc

Rick Rule has been covering DML, FCU and NXE which might account for some of their run up, personally I still wonder if there is another round of fundraising to come for a good few of the juniors?

You could perhaps add Uranium Royalty Company CA:URC could go on about it, however because I’m not convinced we won’t see more lows yet, I’m just flagging it for those to decide whether it’s of interest? I’m on the sidelines.

Anyway this might interest U guys or girls

31 minutes ago, KDave said:

BT will do very well once inflation kicks off, they are trying to get Ofcom to agree to CPI price indexing of the last rural properties in order to roll out new infrastructure, they have this already in place with the rest of the UK;

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/annual-price-changes-and-cpi

https://www.bt.com/bt-plc/assets/documents/investors/financial-reporting-and-news/quarterly-results/2020-21/q1/q120-media-transcript.pdf

Think about it. CPI indexed pricing, generated from infrastructure paid for now = huge cashflow tomorrow (the extent determined by CPI/inflation). If you think any sort of inflation is coming over the next few years then BT are a buy.

Well, they're a bye for me! I don't like companies with tonnes of debt (and broke my own rule on not buying companies with tonnes of debt for BT). Feels like a lead weight around their ankles. 

24 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

Well, they're a bye for me! I don't like companies with tonnes of debt (and broke my own rule on not buying companies with tonnes of debt for BT). Feels like a lead weight around their ankles. 

Fair enough we each have rules. Inflation applies to the debt too, they have a lot of long term fixed debt, used to build CPI linked cashflow generating assets, if we think inflation is coming they are in an excellent position. 

On 31/07/2020 at 21:55, KDave said:

Fair enough we each have rules. Inflation applies to the debt too, they have a lot of long term fixed debt, used to build CPI linked cashflow generating assets, if we think inflation is coming they are in an excellent position. 

BT have one ugly looking chart

They would need to go up 30% or so and break out of the 5 year downward trend before I think it would be sensible to put any money into them

5years.thumb.png.b86f2da5f45acfac0df515b89b8f8a02.png

btbear.thumb.png.d127e85f031610031470209a0f2fb243.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

BP cut dividend by half, market fairly happy with performance otherwise which means I can't average down much. I hope it stays low for a bit longer, I still have a few months cost averaging then I'll have a decent position in the majors. Fully allocated in Exxon and chevron, could do with a few more BP and shell and then I'll focus back on the Telco's. I have a decent amount of BT, next is vodaphone and Telefonica. 

Natural gas price is getting interesting. 

• 4 weeks later...

On 30/06/2020 at 23:30, Martlet said:

Aston Martin (AML) definitely one to watch. Had a poor listing and got kicked down as punishment for overvaluing, now oversold with potential for significant upswing.

On 30/06/2020 at 23:16, Cornishfarmer said:

What do roper think of aston Martin? Price dropped away a lot. It’s a great brand in a history of bony cars  Anyone think that it’s worth a punt then hoping the Middle Easterns come in and buy it out for the name and history..... too prestigious to fail or just another victim of carona virus???

On 01/07/2020 at 12:58, MancunianStacker said:

When it goes below 30p it might be a good buy. 

Been watching Aston. Is this a good play for the long term? Will supercars evolve well to be more environmentally friendly? Or maybe a 5-10 year play assuming this collapse happens?

I have looked at Yahoo and it only starts in 2018, is this correct Says Lagonda? Based on that chart its one large downturn. No thanks. 

On 03/07/2020 at 20:08, HerefordBullyun said:

Bought some Wetherspoons shares today hoping the price will go up when they start trading again 

I would avoid retail like a plague, BUT from my experience of weatherspoons is it is full up of alcoholics. In a downturn it will work well as its drink prices are good. Thats assuming that people are allowed out. I also think they own thier premises freehold don't they? thats a great advantage. 

On 03/07/2020 at 20:39, Kman said:

Apparently solar is set to boom in the next few year

On 04/07/2020 at 07:42, ZigZag said:

Panels for many years were constantly getting cheaper. 

Musk has produced a solar panel thats half the price. Something that might bring the market down. MY BT shares should suffice for solar I think over time. 
Personally I feel its one to sit on as some new miracle energy source might come out (ie all the c**p the USA are using in thier secret space programs etc.)??

Looking on youtube home inventors are coming up all the time with new tech that can save the average house hold a shed loads of money, so its only a matter of time when you can use a self perpetuating silent generator, or sewage battery to run your home for the year at a fraction of the price. Complete guess mind. 

On 03/07/2020 at 23:42, HerefordBullyun said:

I am not on any trading platforms  I just use free trade. 

212 is good. I like that as its a larger company & earns more money from the CFD section it has. If robin hood comes through then there is a chance free trade may fail in an extended stock crash. 

On 03/07/2020 at 23:54, HerefordBullyun said:

BP have a massive one in solar in Oz they will be going into this more and more going forward.

BP had a great low yesterday. Im continuing to top up funds on BP on the dips as thier alternative energy plans seem good. 

On 04/07/2020 at 12:45, Kman said:

I don't mind if I can profit from it

Pretty much sums up why I am here - Its better than living in fear from an imaginary threat.
No one wants to listen to me, fine! I shall lock myself in my office for 6 months and work out how to make a profit. ;)

On 18/07/2020 at 13:05, Kman said:

I should be looking into the balance sheets of high street retailers and finding who is going to be able to weather the next couple years and who wont be 

Discount chains & cheap to run franchises that supply cheap quality food I would guess? Gregs, Primark, subway, Mc Donalds etc. Not sure about M&S as they are more luxury. If inflation really kicks in & food gets hit first they will be screwed. But what worried me is that they are listed on the exchanges that are set to collapse?? Not such a problem with tangibles as that should prosper. Maybe investing in the meat and agriculture companies would be a good bet? 

On 22/07/2020 at 17:42, TheApe said:

Well pulled the trigger this morning on First Majestic and bought some more.

Been c**p this week, but I chucked another £120 yesterday on the dip. 

On 26/07/2020 at 15:48, KDave said:

I think keep an eye on BP, any tinkering with the currently intact dividend may produce a price drop and another March like entry point. I missed the march lows in BP and would like another opportunity.

I also added to BP yesterday on the dip. I think it will go below March lows next month. 

On 30/07/2020 at 13:41, HerefordBullyun said:

@Kman I'd be starting to look at uranium mining stocks  going to be the next big thing if you want any recommendations?

On 31/07/2020 at 17:38, HerefordBullyun said:

Also

Denison mining corps

Energy fuels inc

Fission uranium  corps

Goviex uranium inc

Laramide resources inc

Nexgen energy 

Plateau energy metals

UEX coporation

Ur-energy inc

I am also starting to consider uranium? What do I look at? I guess its the same as gold and silver in some respects?? 

11 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I would avoid retail like a plague, BUT from my experience of weatherspoons is it is full up of alcoholics. In a downturn it will work well as its drink prices are good. Thats assuming that people are allowed out. I also think they own thier premises freehold don't they? 

BP had a great low yesterday. Im continuing to top up funds on BP on the dips as thier alternative energy plans seem.

I also added to BP yesterday on the dip. I think it will go below March lows next month. 

I am also starting to consider uranium? What do I look at? I guess its the same as gold and silver in some respects?? 

I sold my spoons shares and traded them for an investment portfolio  SCIN thier top holdings are barrick gold newmont and newcrest next in thier portfolios are pharma because everyone will need medication when the arse falls out of the economy.

BP is cheap and so are other oil majors but I expect them to go cheaper before they go up.

Uranium  haven't researched them myself, but it was my mate whose a top guy and I worked for him in the army and when I left and he has a very strong academic background . He's a very smart guy and actually introduced me to PMs and mining.I trust his judgement implicitly. Look at mid cap debt free companies. But I would suggest those picks aren't far off the money. 

9 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I sold my spoons shares and traded them for an investment portfolio  SCIN thier top holdings are barrick gold newmont and newcrest next in thier portfolios are pharma because everyone will need medication when the arse falls out of the economy.

BP is cheap and so are other oil majors but I expect them to go cheaper before they go up.

Uranium  haven't researched them myself, but it was my mate whose a top guy and I worked for him in the army and when I left and he has a very strong academic background . He's a very smart guy and actually introduced me to PMs and mining.I trust his judgement implicitly. Look at mid cap debt free companies. But I would suggest those picks aren't far off the money. 

Im going heavy into BP next month, it should hit March low figures I think. I think £2k a pop between BP and Shell would suffice. I dont want all my eggs in one basket & would prefer to sit on cash for any impending collapses. Need to look at Uranium, but its certainly a good bet & companies like Cameco are due a decent pull back, especially when furlough finishes.

I feel sorry for all these poor buggers that think tech stocks are cheap as they are not and they will loose a lot of money if it goes down. Im gonna look at 5G if that happens & companies involved with space tech & as thats the future we are going into. The only retail I am interested in would be a new up an coming competitor for Amazon or maybe a food home delivery service. Safe purchases to hold long mind you.

I would like shares in aristocrats like Microsoft, but that a-hole can go and fuxk himself, im not supporting him or Musk. He deserves to be  in prison after this year, but he will probbaly end up as USA president or running the WHO as he fits the bill (clever pun that 😛 )? Juries out on Musk mind you, but Gates would be a terrible poker player, been watching some of his interviews today & analysis micro expressions. 

I just discovered a very fascinating comparison: Net Percentage of Domestic Banks Tightening Standards for Commercial and Industrial Loans to Large and Middle-Market Firms 

As it says it's banks tightening up and loaning less

Laying it it over the SPX.. it doesn't look good for stocks does it? if you had to guess what happens next

restrict.thumb.png.1ae75013a3090e21d50031b9d12c53b0.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@Stacktastic 5G is a very good shout, but picking the right one is a bit of lottery. Very competitive market. I've looked at it briefly but will do some more research this weekend. 

If I have any favourites I will put my thoughts on here. 

Thanks for the reminder best HB

7 hours ago, Kman said:

if you had to guess what happens next

restrict.thumb.png.1ae75013a3090e21d50031b9d12c53b0.png

The economy goes down the fartpipe and my mining stocks go up 😂😂😂😂

On 26/08/2020 at 20:13, Stacktastic said:

Been watching Aston. Is this a good play for the long term? Will supercars evolve well to be more environmentally friendly? Or maybe a 5-10 year play assuming this collapse happens?

I have looked at Yahoo and it only starts in 2018, is this correct Says Lagonda? Based on that chart its one large downturn. No thanks. 

I would avoid retail like a plague, BUT from my experience of weatherspoons is it is full up of alcoholics. In a downturn it will work well as its drink prices are good. Thats assuming that people are allowed out. I also think they own thier premises freehold don't they? thats a great advantage. 

Musk has produced a solar panel thats half the price. Something that might bring the market down. MY BT shares should suffice for solar I think over time. 
Personally I feel its one to sit on as some new miracle energy source might come out (ie all the c**p the USA are using in thier secret space programs etc.)??

Looking on youtube home inventors are coming up all the time with new tech that can save the average house hold a shed loads of money, so its only a matter of time when you can use a self perpetuating silent generator, or sewage battery to run your home for the year at a fraction of the price. Complete guess mind. 

212 is good. I like that as its a larger company & earns more money from the CFD section it has. If robin hood comes through then there is a chance free trade may fail in an extended stock crash. 

BP had a great low yesterday. Im continuing to top up funds on BP on the dips as thier alternative energy plans seem good. 

Pretty much sums up why I am here - Its better than living in fear from an imaginary threat.
No one wants to listen to me, fine! I shall lock myself in my office for 6 months and work out how to make a profit. ;)

Discount chains & cheap to run franchises that supply cheap quality food I would guess? Gregs, Primark, subway, Mc Donalds etc. Not sure about M&S as they are more luxury. If inflation really kicks in & food gets hit first they will be screwed. But what worried me is that they are listed on the exchanges that are set to collapse?? Not such a problem with tangibles as that should prosper. Maybe investing in the meat and agriculture companies would be a good bet? 

Been c**p this week, but I chucked another £120 yesterday on the dip. 

Any UK-listed Uranium stocks worth buying?

I bought BP again this morning very pleased they have come down so much to average down. I missed the March lows but we are nearly back at the lows, looks like we may have an opportunity at those prices again soon if the trend continues fingers crossed.

19 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

@Stacktastic

If I have any favourites I will put my thoughts on here. 

That would be good - looking forward to it. Qualcomm is the only company I know about, but its one of the over priced Nasdaq stocks now. 

16 hours ago, Divmad said:

Any UK-listed Uranium stocks worth buying?

Cameco apparently - looks like it might pull back next month. Its a no brainer - bit like buying into Barrick atm. Safe but not necessarily the most profitable. :)

9 hours ago, KDave said:

I bought BP again this morning very pleased they have come down so much to average down.

I think it should represent very nice lows in 2 weeks or so and then reverse.
Been buying £100 every few days, so I almost have £1000 now.
Im gonna wait till it hits the low now & double that investment on the dips when/if it reverses. 

I was quite pleased to hear Jim Rogers saying "I have always bought stocks people hate, but will do well in the future"

BP is a fabulous long term dividend & one that will prosper in inflation. 

GGP nicely on the uptick @Kman @RichmondStacker @Stacktastic🚀🚀🚀🚀

19 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

GGP nicely on the uptick @Kman @RichmondStacker @Stacktastic🚀🚀🚀🚀

Yes i was up £40 over the weekend with only 2000 shares. ;)

Thanks. Wish i had put a grand into it. It would be good if the share price gets to £20 LOL. 
New Mercedes for Mrs Stactastic!! ;)

Archived