• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

£3000 in stock market?

2 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Yes i was up £40 over the weekend with only 2000 shares. ;)

Thanks. Wish i had put a grand into it. It would be good if the share price gets to £20 LOL. 
New Mercedes for Mrs Stactastic!! ;)

I'm up 1k 😂😂😂

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I'm up 1k 😂😂😂

Hopefully more tomorrow

Might drop off again after that though for the next 6 weeks unless there's some good Scallywag news in the meantime. People are also speculating about GGP being added to GDXJ etf, no idea if that will happen or what it would do to SP

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Long term in the likes of bt/bp etc etc is great an all, i sold alot of mine even at losses :)to put the money into stuff that would make the losses back plus profit far faster.

think there's plenty of time to get into the oil stocks if you want as alot are still falling.So haven't seen the bottom yet i think.

23 minutes ago, Kman said:

Hopefully more tomorrow

Might drop off again after that though for the next 6 weeks unless there's some good Scallywag news in the meantime. People are also speculating about GGP being added to GDXJ etf, no idea if that will happen or what it would do to SP

It would increase the share price as it gives confidence in the market also when anyone buys into the ETF they are also buying into GGP

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

9 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Long term in the likes of bt/bp etc etc is great an all, i sold alot of mine even at losses :)to put the money into stuff that would make the losses back plus profit far faster.

think there's plenty of time to get into the oil stocks if you want as alot are still falling.So haven't seen the bottom yet i think.

I agree about oil. 

34 minutes ago, blackadder said:

To invest where though? I am struggling to find anything that will do well that I am not already exposed to, metals are still attractive but I had too much of those after the recent rise.

5 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

GGP nicely on the uptick @Kman @RichmondStacker @Stacktastic🚀🚀🚀🚀

It’s coming along nicely, 62% up. 

I put £700 into KEFI last week, that is 16% up so far.  It is a risk as their mines are in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, as well as having a not so great track record, but this seems like they have it together.

31 minutes ago, KDave said:

To invest where though? I am struggling to find anything that will do well that I am not already exposed to, metals are still attractive but I had too much of those after the recent rise.

Have you looked at Cineworld? I sold all my Tullow Oil last month at a tiny profit and got in Cineworld at 48p average. Even now it seems cheap and should go back over a £1+ now cinemas are open. 

Today I put some into SYME as a pure gamble as GGP and CINE are performing very well. 

4 minutes ago, RichmondStacker said:

Have you looked at Cineworld? I sold all my Tullow Oil last month at a tiny profit and got in Cineworld at 48p average. Even now it seems cheap and should go back over a £1+ now cinemas are open. 

Today I put some into SYME as a pure gamble as GGP and CINE are performing very well. 

Ain't they also 3 billion in debt,where their assets don't cover it plus the lost money from covid etc.

46 minutes ago, KDave said:

to be honest i've not looked :P as have my main stuff,or what i would say go for has already gone up to much to put money into now.

how about plug power,legal & general is low atm or apple after the split,or Horizonte Min but is metals again,plus was 3p when i got em now 8p etc.

13 minutes ago, RichmondStacker said:

No I had not and it looks pretty cheap, if they have low rates and fixed on that huge debt pile it looks interesting, decent P/E and dividend.

Trouble is when people are hard up will they keep going to the cinema or will they stop in to watch netflix. Inflation might help cineworld with its debt but not with its customers, depends on whether they keep spending on going to the cinema, might be a good contrarian play that one, I can't see much new investment in cinemas following covid for a while which would benefit the ones that survive it. 

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Ain't they also 3 billion in debt,where their assets don't cover it plus the lost money from covid etc.

to be honest i've not looked :P as have my main stuff,or what i would say go for has already gone up to much to put money into now.

how about plug power,legal & general is low atm or apple after the split,or Horizonte Min but is metals again,plus was 3p when i got em now 8p etc.

Interesting thanks I had heard of Horizonte minerals are they a nickle miner? Well done on the buy nearly tripped your money, when do you plan to sell them? Apple after the split yes if only, both Apple and Tesla have been the bitcoin of 2020 powered by pure belief and bubble levels of greed, if only I had followed the crowd for once, I should have learned my lesson from last time (bitcoin 2017).

I like LGEN I bought some back in march but have not looked into them properly since, on my list for high yield diversification. I have a few insurance plans with them I thought I might as well get them to pay for some of those for me with the dividends they spin off.  

1 minute ago, KDave said:

Interesting thanks I had heard of Horizonte minerals are they a nickle miner? Well done on the buy nearly tripped your money, when do you plan to sell them? Apple after the split yes if only, both Apple and Tesla have been the bitcoin of 2020 powered by pure belief and bubble levels of greed, if only I had followed the crowd for once, I should have learned my lesson from last time (bitcoin 2017).

I like LGEN I bought some back in march but have not looked into them properly since, on my list for high yield diversification. I have a few insurance plans with them I thought I might as well get them to pay for some of those for me with the dividends they spin off.  

I guess alot depends on how much you invest or for how long etc,I looked at tesla at $250 but backed out of buying them thinking the same as you.to expensive not worth it etc etc etc.

then they went to £2000 plus lol :)  I can see them going back up even after the split so bought some.

Horizonte are a nickle miner yes,I don't hold that many so will just keep em and see where it goes.As put all my money in other stuff :)

7 minutes ago, blackadder said:

here's your 99p/£1 and lows of 32p etc,this is where alot made a killing

cine.png

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I also looked at AO at 60p and always thought what a c**p company :P went to £2.10 mainly i think to everyone buying stuff on tick when iin lockdown.

Trading in and out good if you can do it and get it right more often than getting it wrong but this is a different game to investing in value. I understand that selling at a loss can mean you have more capital to trade and potentially make the loss back (reducing opportunity cost), if you can do it then fair play.

Personally the opportunity cost for me is just which value stock do I put money into this month vs which one is bought next month. My buys are based on the macro economic picture as I understand it, I am accumulating rather than trading, perhaps you could say I am trading in the long term with greater certainty than if I was trading in the shorter term. Perhaps not the best way to make money in the market right now given that everything is a winner, but it offers more certainty for me based on my understanding, so long as I can hold through the volatility (I wouldn't be investing if I couldn't) and I am not too far off the mark, which I could be. Limiting the downside is important in trading, perhaps the most important thing followed by when to take profits, that is what diversification is for and establishing a rough holding period and sell point before you start. 

I am confident the sectors I am buying will do well long term, I could not say that about the AIM shares you listed, certainly not Tesla or Apple which are in a bubble, but for making returns there is no doubt it would have been better to speculate in Apple and Tesla or Horzinte than it was to invest in value stocks over the short term. I am looking at the macro economic picture as best as I can understand it and so where all of these stocks will be longer term is clearer to me than where they will be next week or next month, which is why I am confident in what I am buying and what I am not buying, and I am enjoying falling prices while I accumulate as it means my targets are hit quicker and for a lower average on already cheap shares.

But who knows I have been wrong many times, I was wrong with bitcoin I backed out way too early in 2017, then I mostly stayed out of bitcoin and kept being wrong until I wasn't, now I was wrong on Apple and Tesla. The only question now, is this April 2017 wrong, or is this November 2017 wrong :P

10 minutes ago, KDave said:

Trading in and out good if you can do it and get it right more often than getting it wrong but this is a different game to investing in value. I understand that selling at a loss can mean you have more capital to trade and potentially make the loss back (reducing opportunity cost), if you can do it then fair play.

Personally the opportunity cost for me is just which value stock do I put money into this month vs which one is bought next month. My buys are based on the macro economic picture as I understand it, I am accumulating rather than trading, perhaps you could say I am trading in the long term with greater certainty than if I was trading in the shorter term. Perhaps not the best way to make money in the market right now given that everything is a winner, but it offers more certainty for me based on my understanding, so long as I can hold through the volatility (I wouldn't be investing if I couldn't) and I am not too far off the mark, which I could be. Limiting the downside is important in trading, perhaps the most important thing followed by when to take profits, that is what diversification is for and establishing a rough holding period and sell point before you start. 

I am confident the sectors I am buying will do well long term, I could not say that about the AIM shares you listed, certainly not Tesla or Apple which are in a bubble, but for making returns there is no doubt it would have been better to speculate in Apple and Tesla or Horzinte than it was to invest in value stocks over the short term. I am looking at the macro economic picture as best as I can understand it and so where all of these stocks will be longer term is clearer to me than where they will be next week or next month, which is why I am confident in what I am buying and what I am not buying, and I am enjoying falling prices while I accumulate as it means my targets are hit quicker and for a lower average on already cheap shares.

But who knows I have been wrong many times, I was wrong with bitcoin I backed out way too early in 2017, then I mostly stayed out of bitcoin and kept being wrong until I wasn't, now I was wrong on Apple and Tesla. The only question now, is this April 2017 wrong, or is this November 2017 wrong :P

Sometimes you gotta jump on the hype wagon :) same as some of the aim stocks when they get to a point where your research/proven results make it less risky.

I never bought some of what i have now way back when due to the risk etc,Another reason i stayed away from cineworld as in my books was to risky for me.Atleast with tesla they make alot of stuff apart from cars,plus ofc all the hype :P over say a company like nikola that has no trucks yet and buys their batteries from tesla.

All i had before covid were dividend stocks,which 95% crashed around march time.So I changed tactics and sold of alot,If i didn't id be thousands down now rather then up and in the green.

But i had ofc made on the dividend from the stocks,but if i still held it would be a sea of red still,alot went down even more and still not stopping lol.

Adding at these lvls for longer term holding should see you do well.

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Sometimes you gotta jump on the hype wagon :) 

Agreed this is true, for a small part of the money. I am not willing to get into this bubble now though. It is something I have not learned to do yet. In the last 2 days Apple has added to its market cap the equivalent of Exxons entire worth. Apple is now worth more than all 100 companies in the FTSE100, it is almost as much as the Russel 2000 index! These indices include a fair few shares that the macro says will do very well from here if I understand it. These figures also tell me that apple is in a huge titanic bubble, that most of the market is wrong, and the long term is in value. The concern/risk to the last part is if the tech bubble takes the entire market with it, that risk can be offset with a cash holding ready to go. 

4 minutes ago, blackadder said:

All i had before covid were dividend stocks,which 95% crashed around march time.So I changed tactics and sold of alot,If i didn't id be thousands down now rather then up and in the green.

But i had ofc made on the dividend from the stocks,but if i still held it would be a sea of red still,alot went down even more and still not stopping lol.

I am glad this worked out, the right call in hindsight. I have read a lot on this stuff and this example right here is the one used as what not to do - selling low after the crash to crystallise the loss, and then chasing a piece of the excitement, it is the example used as to why people lose in the stock market over the long term.

15 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Adding at these lvls for longer term holding should see you do well.

Yes perhaps, we will see (who knows!). Have you considered crystallising some of those speculative gains to have at a look at value stocks. 

5 hours ago, KDave said:

I am glad this worked out, the right call in hindsight. I have read a lot on this stuff and this example right here is the one used as what not to do - selling low after the crash to crystallise the loss, and then chasing a piece of the excitement, it is the example used as to why people lose in the stock market over the long term.

truth be told there was really no loss,as the dividend from each over time  more then covered any of that.plus some even were in profit when sold plus all the dividend overtime.I never sold all,only the c**p i could see dropping like a stone and taking years to recover Ie bt :P if it ever does.I also will add after looking at my options i never really had the money to average each stock i had down.

I still have a mix of many different things,plus if you're in a small loss of £200 say and know you can get that back plus why not :) if the money is better spent elsewhere.also does  it matter if some of these stocks are in a bubble,if you don't mind the risk and can make money on them who cares.I've even bought back in to some of the stuff i sold out on,as knew these were going rock bottom.

5 hours ago, KDave said:

Yes perhaps, we will see (who knows!). Have you considered crystallising some of those speculative gains to have at a look at value stocks. 

Na as still more gains to be had by far,I have a core set of stocks to,and alittle bit of money for trading regularly

15 hours ago, Kman said:

Might drop off again after that though for the next 6 weeks 

I shall get some more if that happens, its my only junior miner. Damn - wish I had put in £4k now ;)
Too risky for me. £400 was quite a punt & I largely only invested because of Herford, which is quite foolish. 

15 hours ago, blackadder said:

So haven't seen the bottom yet i think.

Ah - gonna cost me a fortune. Gonna cap it at £2k each I think - £4k is a good amount of stock as it really should double if not triple in the next 3 years.  ;)

14 hours ago, KDave said:

To invest where though?

I have my eye on Cameco (waiting for a pull back). Oil tankers too.
5G and Space stuff is a good one for long term. 

14 hours ago, RichmondStacker said:

It is a risk as their mines are in Egypt and Saudi Arabia

Nah your fine, the USA are too busy screwing up their own people & economy atm . They don't have the time, the money or political reasons to invade/build empires properly. The middle east thing is largely done now - they will be on to project blue book after this vaccine has been administered. ;) 

13 hours ago, blackadder said:

Ain't they also 3 billion in debt. 

cinemas might well be as defunct as Blockbuster especially the cheaper ones. Everyone has streaming & Tech is bigger and better than before. Not long until holodeck type stuff I recon, of at the very least AI/holgraphic experiences at home. I think investing in any sector like this (retail especially) is a bit risky if you ask me, but I am no expert? Maybe good for a short term play, not for me. 

13 hours ago, KDave said: