• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Website for comparing UK prices for gold sovereigns, britannias, etc

Awesome stuff @S2G

I had a quick look when you posted the original link and it's now a vast improvement and extremely useable.

If I ever use it when making a purchase, i will certainly send a donation and I would urge everyone else to do the same. it's only fair and the right thing to do.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Another popular request ticked off the list: I figured a way to get data from Royal Mint's website, so Royal Mint has been added next to all dealers for comparison. I've also added Harrington & Byrne to the Sovereign table.

1 hour ago, KitboyE17 said:

Any chance you can make a link to jump straight from the listed price to the item ? 

Strange, links should go directly to the page where you can see current prices / buy the item. Is this not the case for you?

18 minutes ago, S2G said:

Strange, links should go directly to the page where you can see current prices / buy the item. Is this not the case for you?

My fault - I didn’t see the link on the right hand side (view). Cool!!

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

23 hours ago, S2G said:

Another popular request ticked off the list: I figured a way to get data from Royal Mint's website, so Royal Mint has been added next to all dealers for comparison. I've also added Harrington & Byrne to the Sovereign table.

Really hope you find a way to monetise your site. Be a shame for you to not be rewarded for your endeavours. Perhaps you can strike up some affiliate links when people click "view" to purchase, or even have a "buy now" button instead. I'm not much of a PC coding tech so have no idea whether I'm talking sh##e.

16 hours ago, tallyhojim said:

Really hope you find a way to monetise your site. Be a shame for you to not be rewarded for your endeavours. Perhaps you can strike up some affiliate links when people click "view" to purchase, or even have a "buy now" button instead. I'm not much of a PC coding tech so have no idea whether I'm talking sh##e.

Thank you, I hope so too! I'm currently working on it for fun, but that's not sustainable in the long run. It will be great if I can cover up my costs to run the website, and pay myself some money to keep maintaining it.

15 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

sponsored by the silver forum?😉

I like the idea :)In general I would definitely prefer sponsorships over ads / affiliate links.

2 minutes ago, S2G said:

Thank you, I hope so too! I'm currently working on it for fun, but that's not sustainable in the long run. It will be great if I can cover up my costs to run the website, and pay myself some money to keep maintaining it.

I like the idea :)In general I would definitely prefer sponsorships over ads / affiliate links.

I'm sure @ChrisSIlver  will contact you if he's interested in being involved.

With UK Gold Compare doing a pretty damn fine job in showing multiple gold dealers in real time prices, I wonder whether that will result in dealers taking note and reducing their prices in order to not lose out to the other dealers? Does anyone know whether it has already had an effect on dealer prices or is it still too early to tell, what with it still being a very young compare site?

7 hours ago, tallyhojim said:

With UK Gold Compare doing a pretty damn fine job in showing multiple gold dealers in real time prices, I wonder whether that will result in dealers taking note and reducing their prices in order to not lose out to the other dealers? Does anyone know whether it has already had an effect on dealer prices or is it still too early to tell, what with it still being a very young compare site?

I would hope website brings more competition to UK dealers benefit consumer but do search on google for Gold prices dealers in the UK the website not part of the first 10 pages on the google algorithm and therefore have no impact on UK dealer prices.

https://goldcompare.net/

Lots of people view the Silver Forums anonymously and saves a lot of time for people just want to purchase bullion gold. Not to say one day it will not have more of an impact.

@tallyhojim That's Gold Compare's ultimate mission. When I developed the algorithm and started using it myself on my computer, I was quite surprised that prices for the same coin can vary up to £20-30 pounds, in some cases dealers charging more than the Royal Mint itself. I hope the site can make the market a lot more competitive and better for buyers.

@Abyss That's a very good point. The domain and website are both quite new, so it is normal to be be ranked low in the Google Search results for most searches.

This could change very quickly though. For example, sharing links to the website in other forums / social media (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc) can have a very significant impact and help with Google Search results. Perhaps I can encourage this by adding "Share on..." links.

In the meantime — sharing the site around the web will definitely help the cause :D

5 minutes ago, S2G said:

Perhaps I can encourage this by adding "Share on..." links.

Most stackers here are odd, they don neck beards, live in their mothers basements, in the dark, fear the end of the world and monetory collapse being just round the corner and give their kitchen knives names.  Friends are the last thing we should have access to share information :)  

Edited by Paul

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Most stackers here are odd, they don neck beards, live in their mothers basements, in the dark, fear the end of the world and monetory collapse being just round the corner and give their kitchen knives names.  Friends are the last thing we should have access to share information :)  

You missed out the part where we wear the same underkrackers for days on end, and then turn them inside out to create a "fresh new pair" complete with Rik Mayall back crack skid marks.

4 hours ago, S2G said:

@tallyhojim That's Gold Compare's ultimate mission. When I developed the algorithm and started using it myself on my computer, I was quite surprised that prices for the same coin can vary up to £20-30 pounds, in some cases dealers charging more than the Royal Mint itself. I hope the site can make the market a lot more competitive and better for buyers.

@Abyss That's a very good point. The domain and website are both quite new, so it is normal to be be ranked low in the Google Search results for most searches.

This could change very quickly though. For example, sharing links to the website in other forums / social media (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc) can have a very significant impact and help with Google Search results. Perhaps I can encourage this by adding "Share on..." links.

In the meantime — sharing the site around the web will definitely help the cause :D

I think link sharing is very old hat now and ceased to be effective a while ago. I believe you really need to be linked or mentioned by authorative sites on the subject. Links from TSF will certainly help.

Just added the capability to show available vs out of stock / no longer available items. If you refresh the page there will be a tick mark or a red cross before the price in pounds.

This is a bit experimental, so if someone finds an item that's being shown as "available" but is actually out of stock (or vice-versa) please let me know.