• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Last Fridays close was £1595 GBP

Looks like we will end around £1540ish

Around +3.XX% for the week / or nearly +£50oz

Come on Paul gold can't hog all the glory silvers  up about 70p and that about a bag on Monster Munch!  

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Come on Paul gold can't hog all the glory silvers  up about 70p and that about a bag on Monster Munch!  

noImage&resMode=sharp2&id=M9DSX3&fmt=jpg&dpr=off&fit=constrain,1&wid=864&hei=864

We need silver to double its profits again before we can enjoy the spoils of wealth im afraid young Dave 

IMG_5778.JPG

Just now, silversky said:

What was his prediction?

Gold going to $400 USD any day now 

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

noImage&resMode=sharp2&id=M9DSX3&fmt=jpg&dpr=off&fit=constrain,1&wid=864&hei=864

We need silver to double its profits again before we can enjoy the spoils of wealth im afraid young Dave 

IMG_5778.JPG

Gold going to $400 USD any day now 

Sorry I got that wrong.........You can only have half a bag of Monster Munch this week 🤣

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Sorry I got that wrong.........You can only have half a bag of Monster Munch this week 🤣

Ill buy monster claws from Aldi, these is cheaper - and i know how you love folk saying a bob or two. x10 bags of 18g (180gr) for £1.29 

Snackrite Multipack Monster Claws 10x18g

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-snackrite-multipack-monster-claws-10x18g/4088600272627

21 hours ago, theman73 said:

Why all "gold stacker's" become flippers when gold spot is high?

Exactly this mate. Why indeed?

Most of the volume buyers on the forum are the same as the volume sellers - different steps on the same reseller ladder. The end user stackers are those who buy conservative amounts and never sell

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

It's still a good £200 per oz under valued for the rate of inflation we have seen in the last 12 months IMO. 

It's mega undervalued but not as much as silver 😁

8 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

WARNING the next $30 is in the massive resistance area now... Dont be surprised if we see a reversal in the price coming soon.

I think we're in danger of blowing through resistance and setting a real price for gold closer to $3000 than $2000. Should we be happy? No. The regular people will get burnt alive when this makes the front pages

Consider this. Most of us are pretty stupid but the gen pop and the younger folks are even stupider still. Of those utter muppets, 10% or more in the UK own crypto, in some demographics it's much higher than that. There's a similar story in the USA, 10%+ own some crypto. Compare that to physical gold and silver. The USA is a fraction over 1% and the UK is slightly lower than that, perhaps even less than 1% own physical. What happens to the price of gold and silver if this becomes a mainstream saga? We're going to airmail ATHs and we'll do so by such a margin (an order of magnitude) that we'll never get back there. Oh great you sold at the ATH, congrats, now try and buy it back again

Everybody is excited in here today and the buy/sell is on fire, there's so much going on it's impossible to keep pace. Here's some figures though to contextualise the "real ATH":

Screenshot2023-10-20170043.thumb.png.9788df6d185e4b355f0a57167a2d9ca7.png

Screenshot2023-10-20170141.thumb.png.3b12c6191ce822a4873b1d549e849218.png

Screenshot2023-10-20170241.png.9c2bde9e83b92e8fc7641ce85bd2265f.png

Let's assume those charts and the 'Fast Fact' (which are from different sources) have descriptive and predictive power. It seems to line up nicely, right? We're about 2/3rds off the real ATH adjusted for CPI and during the last Great Depression gold went up by 2/3rds. Hmm. Might we be entering an Even Greater Depression? I honestly believe we are, at least for the masses and the ordinary person. The rich are set but us plebs are being roasted alive while our governments and financial systems drown in unsustainable levels of debt, debt that can only be managed by inflation, war or both

Taking some profit is never a bad idea and for those selling gold, congratulations if you have booked a profit. Truly though gold is only for buying, not for selling unless your hand is forced. We get excited about nominal ATHs, daily, weekly or monthly chart movements but we need to keep an eye on the big picture which screams unequivocally that gold and silver are hugely undervalued

Sorry for the TL:DR, lots of interesting comments in this thread today. Anyway, I don't believe we're at an ATH. Economics is not absolute, it's relative, and relatively speaking (aka in REAL terms), we're miles away from the ATH, a minimum +25% if not +67% from today's price. Saying gold is at an ATH is like saying wages are at an ATH. That might be true in nominal terms but in the terms that matter - REAL terms - the average person in this country can't remember a time they were this poor. 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Ill buy monster claws from Aldi, these is cheaper - and i know how you love folk saying a bob or two. x10 bags of 18g (180gr) for £1.29 

Snackrite Multipack Monster Claws 10x18g

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-snackrite-multipack-monster-claws-10x18g/4088600272627

Love those. But thanks to shrinkflation I now have to have two bags at a time 🙄

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Doesn't  even cover the cost of a first class stamp posting it never mind the 20% VAT 🤣    

My personal stack of silver grew £1920 this week because of the silver spot price increase, that's a lot of monsters to buy

So, where is the difference?

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

I save most of my disposable income in gold, and I just got a good price on a new roof... seems like a reasonable time to sell

Sure if you have a reason to sell or your hand is forced, of course, sell. Or if you have a lot and want to book some profit for peace of mind, sure, sell

I think you are a minority though and that most of the higher-volume buyers on TSF are actually just resellers operating in different sales corridors

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

2 minutes ago, katyc said:

Love those. But thanks to shrinkflation I now have to have two bags at a time 🙄

18gr a bag is scandalous, i think a standard Walker pack when i was in school 25+ years back was 50gr

Enough for two generous crisps sandwiches and them a handful left to snack   

Those Monster Claws are quite nice to be fair :) 

Just now, Darr3nG said:

Leaky roof?

No, thankfully - I can only imagine that cost.

keeping spare unallocated cash in gold, because I’d spend it on non-essential s****.

p.s hope you get the roof sorted soon buddy