• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 hour ago, Earthmetal said:

I like the idea, but I'm unsure of the practicalities of paying council tax, gas, electric water, bills etc.

1 hour ago, flyingveepixie said:

Make small deposits as and when you need to pay bills...? 🤔  It might be a pain in the butt doing it tht way but with things going in the direction they are the banks can't be trusted.

flyingveepixie has the right approach. You can also pay those bills at the Post Office in cash.

Edited by bluemoon

Climate change lockdown next I reckon and then over the £2,000 threshold...

But the question is when and as we all know, gold tends to move slow for a while and can be a slight delay in the sudden move up...

Edited by GoldenGriffin

SVB collapsed Friday in USA, but I'm guessing many didn't hear about it in the news until late Friday or the next day even (when the market is closed).

So while the gold chart movements are closed over the weekend, surely millions have been Googling and YouTubing - getting scared - buying gold, meaning a big spike when the markets open at 11pm?

Although every time I have a thought like this, the markets open and nothing happens so I'm not gonna risk getting excited!

Edited by katyc

22 minutes ago, katyc said:

SVB collapsed Friday in USA, but I'm guessing many didn't hear about it in the news until late Friday or the next day even when the market closes.

So while the gold chart movements are closed over the weekend, surely millions have been Googling and YouTubing - getting scared - buying gold, meaning a big spike when the markets open at 11pm?

Although every time I have a thought like this, the markets open and nothing happens so I'm not gonna risk getting excited!

I think this, then everything goes down 👇 :(

2 hours ago, Paul said:

With banks crashing left and right 

Reading through it all.

Who feels a bit warm and fuzzy holding these barbarous relic golden coloured pet rocks  ?? 

I’m kind of excited for sure but it also feels like a bit hollow victory too to be honest.

If this crash does happen and it spreads in a big way then millions, possibly billions of people will loose their jobs, their pensions, their homes and be left to go hungry and cold due to poverty. I’m glad I own gold because I think we're right but hope and pray that we're not.

Edited by EdwardTeach

33 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Gold goes up significantly when the globe is hit by a shocker and everyone knows about it in the media.

There’s possible contagion effecting Etsy already with sellers there are not getting paid. Rumours on the internet are that Etsy is still taking payments from the buyers but they are holding onto the currency instead of passing it onto sellers.

Edited by EdwardTeach

3 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

I’m kind of excited for sure but it also feels like a bit hollow victory too to be honest.

If this crash does happen and it spreads in a big way then millions, possibly billions of people will loose their jobs, their pensions, their homes and be left to go hungry and cold due to poverty. I’m glad I own gold because I think we are right but hope and pray that we're not.

I think Gold is up tomorrow. Remember though the problem here is a relative lack of fiat vs an abundance of fiat a few short months ago and Gold isn't fiat.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

8 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

There’s possible contagion effecting Etsy already with sellers there are not getting paid. Rumours on the internet are that Etsy is still taking payments from the buyers but they’re are holding onto the currency instead of passing it onto the sellers.

Worrying...

A sign of things to come possibly for other businesses and the domino's may start to fall and gold may actually go higher but end up in the media after gold's increase?

I think this happened with COVID when gold crept up at the back end of 2019, but the media spoke of COVID a number of months after the gold increase, if I remember correctly?

Edited by GoldenGriffin

14 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

There’s possible contagion effecting Etsy already with sellers there are not getting paid. Rumours on the internet are that Etsy is still taking payments from the buyers but they’re are holding onto the currency instead of passing it onto the sellers.

Hope not, my 10yr old daughter has just started an Etsy store.  Would hate to see her capitalist ambitions deflated at such a young age.