• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, sixgun said:

i know, i think we are wasting our time with them but there will be others who read the threads and don't post. Some people will take notice. i took a lot of stick in the early days of the COVID threads but now we see how it is all coming unravelled. All the crazy stuff sixgun and his comrades were posting was actually true. Amazing. The truth can be stranger than fiction.

Didnt someone try to deny the reality of the US being unable to give France back their gold? So weird imho. I guess its all about denying the truth for the Fed and lifesupport banking system. I detest such communism. 

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

Didnt someone try to deny the reality of the US being unable to give France back their gold? So weird imho. I guess its all about denying the truth for the Fed and lifesupport banking system. I detest such communism. 

Do you mean France or Germany?
The US still hasn't given all the gold back to Germany and what they did was new bars, not the bars they had custody of.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Do you mean France or Germany?
The US still hasn't given all the gold back to Germany and what they did was new bars, not the bars they had custody of.

Think it was France, aye. New bars… Says it all really. 

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I'm still unsure if Minimalist is just Sixguns second account. With both the accounts being controlled by Maneco64. Who knows. Can't believe anything these days. 

That's some gold-plated tinfoil hattery, bravo! 🤣

14 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Think it was France, aye. New bars… Says it all really. 

The issue with France was when De Gaule sent a French warship to New York harbour to pick up gold at the time the dollar was convertible to gold for nations states. The US was running the printing presses hot to fund the Vietnam war and all the other misadventures they got involved in. The gold was going to run out so Nixon had to 'temporarily' close the gold window. The story is that the thing that forced the Americans' hand was when the British demanded $3.1 billion in gold and that would have drained the reserves massively so the gold window was closed.

The incident with the Germans is much more recent. German gold was held in the various locations but mainly the US during the Cold War. Germany then decided she wanted it back. They weren't allowed to see their gold - then when they asked for it back they were told it would take several years. The issue got a lot of publicity and perhaps in part b/c of that they finally got SOME of their gold back - all new bars. It doesn't take much to work out the gold had been sold and was probably in China now..

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I'm still unsure if Minimalist is just Sixguns second account. With both the accounts being controlled by Maneco64. Who knows. Can't believe anything these days. 

How can i be running the @Minimalist account. i don't speak Scots.

28 minutes ago, sixgun said:

The story is that the thing that forced the Americans' hand was when the British demanded $3.1 billion in gold and that would have drained the reserves massively so the gold window was closed.

...Germany then decided she wanted it back. They weren't allowed to see their gold - then when they asked for it back they were told it would take several years.

Just imagine what Gordon Brown could have done with that extra $3.1 billion in gold if we'd got it!

On a more serious note didn't Venezuela request their gold back from the BoE and they were refused because the the UK government didn't think they were fit to have it. Opposed their government or something. Same arguments the States used with Afghanistan I believe.

Which then begs the question, do they actually have the gold?

Hmm... 

13 minutes ago, SidS said:

Just imagine what Gordon Brown could have done with that extra $3.1 billion in gold if we'd got it!

On a more serious note didn't Venezuela request their gold back from the BoE and they were refused because the the UK government didn't think they were fit to have it. Opposed their government or something. Same arguments the States used with Afghanistan I believe.

Hmm... 

Yes the BoE refused to return the gold to Venezuela. The administration in Venezuela was deemed unfit to have it back. You can't even make it up but in the Empire of Lies this passes as truth.
Venezuela is pro-Russia / China. It refuses to kneel to the Empire of Lies.
Maduro is the elected president. The US attempted a coup and to put a puppet in place (Guaidó). This didn't work out. Guaidó had not even stood for election but the US and its vassal states including the UK insisted that Guaidó is the rightful president. That seems to have died down now but was a sign the Empire of Chaos was in sharp decline. 

And the question does the BoE have the gold?
Well quite a bit of Australian gold is in the BoE. If they want to inspect any of their gold they have to make an appointment some weeks ahead - it could be a couple of months, i forget the actual time but it is considerable. They have to specify the bars. Then they will be shown those bars. Some people might think that the BoE has the specified bars made up and they don't have the gold. The BoE says it takes a considerable time to fish the bars out and so they need lots of notice.
i do not expect the BoE has the Venezuelan gold anymore. Are the people of England liable for this theft? 

Edited by sixgun

9 minutes ago, SidS said:

Hmm... 

also a good example of the classic; if you don’t physically own it it isn’t yours.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

i know, i think we are wasting our time with them but there will be others who read the threads and don't post. Some people will take notice. i took a lot of stick in the early days of the COVID threads but now we see how it is all coming unravelled. All the crazy stuff sixgun and his comrades were posting was actually true. Amazing. The truth can be stranger than fiction.

😂 it is crazy that’s true. Entertaining though and I can’t even see ‘your thread’ wherever that may be. Anyways off for a run. 

have a great evening all.

Edited by TommyTwoShots

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

I find it hypocritcal members can be on a metals forum while bigging up the dollar, western currencies and western economies that are on life support, its a clear contradiction.

It's not hypocritical at all. We're all free to speculate on whatever commodity or currency we fancy. The true value of gold is what people are willing to buy it for. Likewise a dollar. Your opinion is that dollars are worthless. That is a perfectly legitimate point of view, but it's not one that everyone agrees with. 

2 minutes ago, sjhdesmond said:

It's not hypocritical at all. We're all free to speculate on whatever commodity or currency we fancy. The true value of gold is what people are willing to buy it for. Likewise a dollar. Your opinion is that dollars are worthless. That is a perfectly legitimate point of view, but it's not one that everyone agrees with. 

If anyone on here thinks dollars are worthless, send a million my way....

1 hour ago, sjhdesmond said:

It is hypocritical. The dollar in real terms is worth nothing. The "value" or "price" against all things is predicated on artifical measurements by the Fed. The dollar is worthless and being held up by essentially fake producing stats, trillions hidden away by the pentagon or stashed abroad somewhere, all of it is operated by deception. Myself and other members would like honest money. Its crazy to bet on the dollar its simply not honest, no honest money system threats other countries. No honest money system wants to keep the currency abroad, that is pure manipulation. If the real value of dollars were accounted correctly the USD price of Gold would be near $20k an ounce. 

Just now, AuricGoldfinger said:

So anyway, how about that gold price eh?

Ah yeah! I nearly forgot due to all this fiat talk... how about that gold price? Will it open at one gazillion tomorrow?

Gold does not go up in value. Gold is constant. It never changes. It cannot be printed. It just sits there throughout history and acts as a measure of the relative value of paper currencies as they come and go. Now if people in here want to argue that the dollar is at its true value? Then im sorry yous are wrong and to even attempt to suggest or even insinuate it is at its true value then I wont engage in the psychosis being put my way. 

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

Not seen a lot of truth in anything you have ever posted, a lot of conspiracy theories though like some of your other ‘friends’ on here. Great isn’t this social media… say what you like, nobody knows who you really are, like a lot of others, won’t say boo to anyone face to face.