• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

14 minutes ago, sixgun said:

@HawkHybridThat which was illogical in the past, very likely remains illogical in the present.

maybe there is fault with your logic?

how is it that something that happened in the

past is now illogical to happen again.

are past occurrences not logically possible to

happen again. should you not update your logic

with experience?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

3 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

maybe there is fault with your logic?

how is it that something that happened in the past is now illogical to happen again.

are past occurrences not logically possible to happen again. should you not update your logic with experience?

HH

Last night gold surged. It reacted as one would expect for a safe haven asset - for real money in the face of the USD sinking.
That is the logical situation.
Then we see the usual suspects come in to try to prop up their paper empire. The primary goal is to try to prop up the USD - so smash gold. This is market management - some call it manipulation. i realise you don't accept that, can't see that.....and we are back into the futile discussion we have entered into so many times before.
Should i consider the cabal doing their usual thing logical? - well it is for them i suppose - is it to be expected? - well drowning men usually thrash around a lot. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Last night gold surged. It reacted as one would expect for a safe haven asset - for real money in the face of the USD sinking.
That is the logical situation.
Then we see the usual suspects come in to try to prop up their paper empire. The primary goal is to try to prop up the USD - so smash gold. This is market management - some call it manipulation. i realise you don't accept that, can't see that.....and we are back into the futile discussion we have entered into so many times before.
Should i consider the cabal doing their usual thing logical? - well it is for them i suppose - is it to be expected? - well drowning men usually thrash around a lot. 

you make your assumptions and when the market

doesn't behave how it 'should' then the market must

be wrong as you must be right about your assumptions.

treasury bonds(usd) are as high as ever, yet the usd

must be sinking?

is it not easier to consider the idea that the usd might

be sinking very slowly(which explains why the markets

are behaving as they are), rather than an endless stream

of conspiracy theories how so many market are rigged

and wrong?

HH

The markets are rigged or managed. You cannot or don't see that. This is not conspiracy theory - it is proven fact. 
The gold price will be suppressed until the Western cabal has no more physical to sell to China. Then China will reset the price.
The USD will collapse. 
Those are absolutes for me and i will say absolutes in reality.
Gold is real money and a safe asset. Is it logical for a flight to safety asset to fall when the risk assets are falling?
You can give reasons but is it logical for a flight to safety asset (priced in USD), the premiere flight to safety asset to fall as risk assets AND the USD fall?

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

57 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

Wait....
1st this isn’t yet a crash it’s a bear market.. 

2nd everyone is waiting to see how big the feds bailout is...

3rd gold will only climb significantly when credit starts being affected both corporate and private and that won’t be until the actual recession kicks in...

Do the trading circuit breakers kick in when there isn't a crash?
i think people are bailing out - not waiting for a Fed bailout - the Fed has been bailing out the banks since last September and slashed interest rates - the market took bond yields down precipitously - the Fed will cut again - the Fed is behind the curve.
The US has been in recession since 2008 - all the numbers are fake - look at Shadow Stats and https://chapwoodindex.com/ to see the government data is fake.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Do the trading circuit breakers kick in when there isn't a crash?
i think people are bailing out - not waiting for a Fed bailout - the Fed has been bailing out the banks since last September and slashed interest rates - the market took bond yields down precipitously - the Fed will cut again - the Fed is behind the curve.
The US has been in recession since 2008 - all the numbers are fake - look at Shadow Stats and https://chapwoodindex.com/ to see the government data is fa

On the us market indexes which I’m talking about here the breakers kick in at -7% and -13% in a single day’s trading.

a crash is defined as a 10% loss in two trading sessions.. so if they stay at -7% and they lose 3% plus tomorrow that’s a crash..this is 18.37% in 14 trading sessions so this is still a correction to a bear market which starts at -20%

As for the banks being bailed out if you mean via repo rates I would disagree, repo has been used to allow banks to lend money to pretty much anyone including a large number of speculators who gambled it on the U.S markets which suited Trump And Co Down to the ground.

And lower interest rates are terrible news for banks this massively impacts their profitability.

I don’t see gold doing much off the markets going down further until a recession begins because it’s credit defaults that will drive the fear.. This is where you will get gold appreciation when the money printing is fastest and all the ridiculous ideas are dreamed up..

QE extra time super sauce..

more debt for poor people

helicopter money..

Cash for clunkers 

Free money for banks

Free money for rich people to gamble on the us markets.

etc

etc

etc

I have no argument with you that Worldwide, governments are full of 5h1T. this is readily apparent to anyone with functioning eyes....

Edited by Auricsstash

27 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

On the us market indexes which I’m talking about here the breakers kick in at -7% and -13% in a single day’s trading.

a crash is defined as a 10% loss in two trading sessions..

i went through half a dozen sites before i found one saying it was a 10% fall - the rest didn't define it or even said there was no specific definition. i have learnt something new - some people define it as a 10% intra-day fall - 7% + 3% over two days isn't a crash but the financial world would react like it was.

30 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

As for the banks being bailed out if you mean via repo rates I would disagree....

Borrowers in the Repo market are primarily banks. This is short term lending to meet liquidity requirements - suddenly the rates went BOOM - and shot up. Not a gradual thing - BOOM - the lenders didn't want to lend overnight to other banks and the rate shot up BOOM. The Fed had to step in and hosed in $billions every night. Something broke - it was not some gradual, another day another dollar thing - something broke. George Gammon on youtube - an interesting channel has run a number of videos running over his theories and those of his guests about what might have happened. The Fed stepped in and it can't stop now with its not QE, QE.

As i say there has been a recession since 2008 - the governments lie and fudge and lie. Gold will rocket when the West runs out of gold to sell to Asia (let's primarily say Russia/China) and China resets the price. That will be the definitive switch moment.

I have been saying all the way through this is a correction, what tomorrow brings god knows in these markets.
For gold to really fly there has to be a financial problem at present there is no financial problem so no fear so golds stuck until there is.. you check out the new repo rates 150bn per day, this is how the fed is going to supply the markets with cash.. again if it works no one really knows..

I watch a lot of George Gammon I like his content and his delivery but I’m not 100% sure he grasps the subtlety’s of some of the subjects he covers..

1 hour ago, Auricsstash said:

a crash is defined as a 10% loss in two trading sessions.. so if they stay at -7% and they lose 3% plus tomorrow that’s a crash..this is 18.37% in 14 trading sessions so this is still a correction to a bear market which starts at -20%

As for the banks being bailed out if you mean via repo rates I would disagree, repo has been used to allow banks to lend money to pretty much anyone including a large number of speculators who gambled it on the U.S markets which suited Trump And Co Down to the ground.

And lower interest rates are terrible news for banks this massively impacts their profitability.

I don’t see gold doing much off the markets going down further until a recession begins because it’s credit defaults that will drive the fear.. This is where you will get gold appreciation when the money printing is fastest and all the ridiculous ideas are dreamed up..

QE extra time super sauce..

more debt for poor people

helicopter money..

Cash for clunkers 

Free money for banks

Free money for rich people to gamble on the us markets.

etc

etc

etc

I have no argument with you that Worldwide, governments are full of 5h1T. this is readily apparent to anyone with functioning eyes....

At last...someone who really knows what they are talking about..a great post sir (I assume sir).

I was day trading today, and at one point could not get a price to short the Dow30 using a CFD...even though we were not at -13% as you correctly pointed out in your excellent post...no late rally at the close either today...

I wonder if the average Jo in the USA realises that the Repo window is also open to, and used  by ‘Foreign Banks’..one particular Hong Kong based bank is one of its biggest customers I hear!

George Gammon...on my subscribed list,👍

Edited by Kookaburracollector

52 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

For gold to really fly there has to be a financial problem at present there is no financial problem........

Well i beg to differ. i will say there is the mother, father, uncle, aunt and 6 generations of cousins of a financial problem. So we will have to disagree there. Time will tell and someone will be right.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Well i beg to differ. i will say there is the mother, father, uncle, aunt and 6 generations of cousins of a financial problem. So we will have to disagree there. Time will tell and someone will be right.

Wait let me slightly caveat that we both agree there is a financial problem (I stack gold for this) it’s the market that currently disagrees with us...

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i will say there is the mother, father, uncle, aunt and 6 generations of cousins of a financial problem.

I certainly agree with that and it's mostly due to how money is created and by whom (as debt by a corporatism of the central banks and the normal banks). However, I don't think we are seeing the early days of its manifestion now. I think this will probably happen after the US election.

13 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

At last...someone who really knows what they are talking about..a great post sir (I assume sir).

I was day trading today, and at one point could not get a price to short the Dow30 using a CFD...even though we were not at -13% as you correctly pointed out in your excellent post...no late rally at the close either today...

I wonder if the average Jo in the USA realises that the Repo window is also open to, and used  by ‘Foreign Banks’..one particular Hong Kong based bank is one of its biggest customers I hear!

George Gammon...on my subscribed list,👍

It’s a strange world at present and how quickly it’s turned around. I bet there were few people willing to lend shares for shorts on a day like today and most of them would have been snaffled up by the big boys in the pre market.

be interesting to see what tomorrow brings I’m off work at present and Bloomberg news has become my new best friend 😂

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that gold is still up massively from £1145 at the start of the year.  Before the brown stuff started connecting with the fan a couple of weeks ago, the trend was about £5 increase per week so even if it drops back down to £1200 we'd still be in a good place.  Also remember that the higher the price, the more expensive stuff becomes to buy in fiat.  £10k gold would be truly amazing from a psychological standpoint for all us stackers, but the shine would quickly fade when see that a Warburtons Toastie loaf is now about £75.. :blink:

Edited by goldking

$16 BILLION worth of paper gold sold so far today.  Back under $1600. 

DJIA down over 2000 points in 45 minutes.  Who was it that laughed the other day when I said we were at end game?

Edited by goldking

17 minutes ago, goldking said:

$16 BILLION worth of paper gold sold so far today.  Back under $1600. 

We are told people are buying gold, yet the price is falling!  This is weird.

2 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

We are told people are buying gold, yet the price is falling!  This is weird.

people covering losses elsewhere or manipulation using paper so it can be bought cheaper, maybe in physical.

who knows what goes on these days with all the instant dealing and paper markets.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon