• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 09/05/2023 at 13:26, paulmerton said:

Still 3 in stock. Does that mean these sets are a damp squib now? 🤣

I'm going to catch some flack for this but....yeah, maybe. I mean this has looked nothing like the jubilee coins on the second hand market. 

I don't know why, it's got everything going for it but it just hasn't caught on, maybe in time it will and those sets will seem a bargain. I think if you could inspect them in person and be satisfied they would grade a 70 then they are probably well worth a punt.

That said I think they are beautiful coins

9 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I'm going to catch some flack for this but....yeah, maybe. I mean this has looked nothing like the jubilee coins on the second hand market. 

I don't know why, it's got everything going for it but it just hasn't caught on, maybe in time it will and those sets will seem a bargain. I think if you could inspect them in person and be satisfied they would grade a 70 then they are probably well worth a punt.

That said I think they are beautiful coins

Wasn't 1989 the same when it came out? No one wanted them, it took a few years at least for them to pick up - i think we will look back inn a few years and regret not owning more of this sovereign. Once the stock disappears, however long it takes, they will start toe appreciate i'm sure.

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

A cool £1,400, not bad. 🙂

That’s unreal. It was actually for sale at £1,295 so they’re clearly ramping it up to release additional I guess. Shame buyers can’t get them direct from RM when resale is ramped up via mainstream dealers

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

That’s unreal. It was actually for sale at £1,295 so they’re clearly ramping it up to release additional I guess. Shame buyers can’t get them direct from RM when resale is ramped up via mainstream dealers

Yep, after flipping mine I can understand being called a hypocrite but I find mainstream dealers with direct access to RM stock doing this very distasteful. 

4 hours ago, Touvex said:

Wasn't 1989 the same when it came out? No one wanted them, it took a few years at least for them to pick up - i think we will look back inn a few years and regret not owning more of this sovereign. Once the stock disappears, however long it takes, they will start toe appreciate i'm sure.

I wasn't here for that but I do hope you are right and I can see it being a future classic, as I say it has everything going for it.

Maybe tough economic times mean people simply cannot afford to spend that much on collectable coins right now.

I wonder if the dealer sitting on those 3 sets would be willing to negotiate a bit...I bet a cheeky offer may get a few quid more off and a real bargain

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2023 at 09:59, MickB said:

The latest deal in the papers at one per household per year. I'm wondering if they mean one per year at this price, then if next offer is lower or higher you can buy again?

20230525_200447.jpg

More trouble than it's worth IMO; I bought a sovereign from them last year and the phone calls are relentless once they get your info; luckily I have 2 mobile numbers and gave them my 'non repeat, online purchases' number which just sits on the desk, I'm hopeful after over a year, they will give up soon ...........

(You don't make £5.5 million nett profit on their turnover dealing 'normally', they target the elderly with medals etc at massive premiums, hence newspaper advertising is their current preferred medium it seems.........)

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Till stock runs out sir, could be anytime 

That is not what it says. Promotion ends 15th June. No where does it say, once stock runs out

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

2 minutes ago, Spyder said:

That is not what is say. Promotion ends 15th June. No where does it says once stock runs out

It says it on the post Chards put into the Gold topic a couple of hours ago I think

4 minutes ago, Spyder said:

That is not what is say. Promotion ends 15th June. No where does it says once stock runs out

Well regardless of price, good luck buying one when they're out of stock 👍 

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32