• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 26/04/2023 at 21:16, bobski said:

2022 Gold Full Sovereign Coin - Gold Bullion Co (thegoldbullion.co.uk)

Does anyone think this will go down to their flash sale price range at some point? Got £20 credit to use with them and after another sov

Chards £392 plus p&p

https://www.chards.co.uk/gold-bullion-sovereigns-secondary-market/1990

14 hours ago, paulmerton said:

£4499.95 for the 2002 proof sovereign 4-coin set (quintuple, double, full, half) seems like a steal compared with the prices of modern one-off design sets.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-2002-uk-sovereign-gold-proof-4-coin-set

We have one of these, might retrieve it and sell it on sometime.

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

20 hours ago, paulmerton said:

£4499.95 for the 2002 proof sovereign 4-coin set (quintuple, double, full, half) seems like a steal compared with the prices of modern one-off design sets.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/pre-owned-2002-uk-sovereign-gold-proof-4-coin-set

These go for around 4-4.1k on auctions, and non retails market.

Hi guys, 

I am looking to buy a decent amount of gold £10-20k & wondered if anyone has found a reputable dealer with low premiums or a bulk purchase deal. 
Are Atkinsons deals good value? 

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Hi guys, 

I am looking to buy a decent amount of gold £10-20k & wondered if anyone has found a reputable dealer with low premiums or a bulk purchase deal. 

Thanks 

Haven't seen anything of note recently. Might be worth reaching out to @1stsovereign and @Sh97if for sovereign bundles 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I would wait for gold to go back to about 1580 and then see what Hatton Garden Metals have available. To me they are the go to dealer for best value and decent quality coins. 

If you you want to buy on this forum and plan your purchases in stages, you could probably beat all online dealer prices.  There are at least 3 members who sell in blocks of at least 10 coins at a time. This is sovereigns we are talking about. If you want 1 oz coins  then there plenty of bargains on this forum. Only last week, a few were sold at spot.

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

On 27/04/2023 at 23:07, paulmerton said:

Now down to £4,299.95

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Now down to £4,299.95

It seems the 2002 sets are quite abundant. According to Chards there were 3000 £5 pieces and those are the price-determining factors. The set is also ungraded. Unfortunately only PF70 hold their value these days and PF69 could be worthless, which really damages the hobby I think.

https://www.chards.co.uk/guides/quintuple-sovereign-coin-mintages-and-dates/1075 

The website didn't include the 1831 William IV and 1937 Edward VIII £5 though. The latter was a record setter, and the former also a legendary piece.

https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/print-edition/2020/november/2468/news/best-english-milled-gold-coins-strike-it-big-in-monte-carlo-sale/

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

48 minutes ago, James32 said:

Haven't seen anything of note recently. Might be worth reaching out to @1stsovereign and @Sh97if for sovereign bundles 

Thanks for the references. 

37 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I would wait for gold to go back to about 1580 and then see what Hatton Garden Metals have available. 

If you you want to buy on this forum and plan your purchases in stages, you could probably beat all online dealer prices.  

Yes your are right - should see a decent pull back especially if this banking stuff goes away. 
Silver was already on a big pull back so if all the contracts get dumped then we could easily see £15 spot.
Not so sure about gold though. 

I am an expert dip buyer ;) - but this is not my money so it would have to be a bulk purchase or a few large purchases.  
I have sold half my gold and silver and am in cash - waiting to buy mining stocks. ;) 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Hi guys, 

Thanks 

The usual suspects, Chards, Atkinson's I imagine are fine for those amounts although buying off here you'll get a better deal. Probably. Depends on the day and the mood of the members. If a butterfly farts in Thailand while bathed in moonlight on a waxing gibbons you might get a few quid off. Might. Or buy from a dealer and prepare to get your pubes micrometer'd and your earwax weighed when the taxman's batphone goes off.

On 09/05/2023 at 16:48, CazLikesCoins said:

The usual suspects, Chards, Atkinson's I imagine are fine for those amounts although buying off here you'll get a better deal. Probably. Depends on the day and the mood of the members. If a butterfly farts in Thailand while bathed in moonlight on a waxing gibbons you might get a few quid off. Might. Or buy from a dealer and prepare to get your pubes micrometer'd and your earwax weighed when the taxman's batphone goes off.

I am new to the forum but have bought a lot of gold 1oz coins. Here are my go to dealers. 

Hatton Garden Metals - my favourite and I check them first and they are competitive on prices. Lovely people to deal with, always happy to speak and help where they can. Will choose a coin for you out of the stack that is nice if you ask. 

Tavex - prices are competitive, I have bought a lot from them recently. Never spoken with them but never had to. It seems like they are trying to get a foothold in the UK market. I asked to sell something with them and never heard anything apart from a basic email. 

Atkinsons - prices are good, coins have been good. I rang a couple of times with questions about coins but they could not answer the questions. Said coins are elsewhere bla bla, promised to come back to me both times but I never heard anything and bought at HGM/Tavex as a result. 

My preference is HGM every time but no issues buying with the others. 

Chards - I have looked at them just about every time I have bought and they either did not have the stock or were expensive. Usually expensive and by quite a bit. I tend to avoid now due to prices alone. 

On 09/05/2023 at 16:57, CazLikesCoins said:

image.gif.105e783e3ba3a5cd96594e45a4a1930f.gif

And they are going to cancel all the money they printed as well 😂 

it’s not so much how much gold costs but how much it takes of the currency to buy the gold. Gold remains the same and the currency is being devalued. It’s a one way bet. 

4 minutes ago, HerrFlick said:

And they are going to cancel all the money they printed as well 😂 

it’s not so much how much gold costs but how much it takes of the currency to buy the gold. Gold remains the same and the currency is being devalued. It’s a one way bet. 

As long as I can grab a 1 gram bar, I'm happy. :) 

18 minutes ago, HerrFlick said:

I am new to the forum but have bought a lot of gold 1oz coins. Here are my go to dealers. 

Hatton Garden Metals - my favourite and I check them first and they are competitive on prices. Lovely people to deal with, always happy to speak and help where they can. Will choose a coin for you out of the stack that is nice if you ask. 

Tavex - prices are competitive, I have bought a lot from them recently. Never spoken with them but never had to. It seems like they are trying to get a foothold in the UK market. I asked to sell something with them and never heard anything apart from a basic email. 

Atkinsons - prices are good, coins have been good. I rang a couple of times with questions about coins but they could not answer the questions. Said coins are elsewhere bla bla, promised to come back to me both times but I never heard anything and bought at HGM/Tavex as a result. 

My preference is HGM every time but no issues buying with the others. 

Chards - I have looked at them just about every time I have bought and they either did not have the stock or were expensive. Usually expensive and by quite a bit. I tend to avoid now due to prices alone. 

I've only bought once from Chards and it was a memorial sov, flogged it because it was a total clanger and got one from Gerrards instead 😆 Have bought mostly from Atkinsons and HGM - the former have some nice preowned gold deals which pop up, and HGM has low premiums on some coins and often seems to have offers for them.

On 09/05/2023 at 16:52, Upsidedown5318008 said:

Sounds like my wife and her friends at the spa

Still, they're handy places if you need a loaf on a Sunday.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.