• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

27 minutes ago, theman73 said:

The Aztecs from @arphethean and thalers from Face...

Now I have to many thalers

20231129_134851.thumb.jpg.1f5d15fde68a543829e2a54b6490ad0f.jpg

That's a lot of thalers.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

I've got one coin with a Maria Theresa effigy on it - a proof coin released by MO in 2017 entitled fortitudino.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, paulmerton said:

A nice pair, if you're into that sort of thing (I am!)

image.thumb.png.1f23d71b61093d9b95b210a5c9bd3639.png

image.thumb.png.a50c30c7dd25e578108b784918887e8a.png

image.thumb.png.f158ba59d2c4d0a42b90891d04a46bed.png

image.thumb.png.9d949a773612179ab9ed6eb2b32c2284.png

image.thumb.png.677809a8991e21558b7b459ce6394c6d.png

Looks like a bit of crud sticking to the die.

In 1817, the Royal Mint introduced new minting technology allowing coins to be minted to an unheard of standard of quality and consistency. The sovereign became the benchmark by which other coins were measured against, and the mint became world famous for its quality control.

Today the Royal Mint is . . world famous for its quality control.

1 minute ago, Silverlocks said:

Looks like a bit of crud sticking to the die.

In 1817, the Royal Mint introduced new minting technology allowing coins to be minted to an unheard of standard of quality and consistency. The sovereign became the benchmark by which other coins were measured against, and the mint became world famous for its quality control.

Today the Royal Mint is . . world famous for its quality control.

When it results in a bona-fide strike-through error, I'm happy :D The coins are quite stained though, so I might give them a wash in some acetone to see if that helps.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

When it results in a bona-fide strike-through error, I'm happy :D The coins are quite stained though, so I might give them a wash in some acetone to see if that helps.

If it's light toning then baking soda and aluminium foil method might work better, although I wonder what would leave staining like that on a new coin.

Edited by Silverlocks

9 minutes ago, Silverlocks said:

If it's light toning then baking soda and aluminium foil method might work better, although I wonder what would leave staining like that on a new coin.

Like fart? Rich in sulphur you know...

3 minutes ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

Like fart? Rich in sulphur you know...

Everyone's channelling Bully these days.  Come back.  All is forgiven!

On 22/09/2023 at 10:42, Simmoleon said:

I need to stay away from auctions

980_2.jpeg

985_2.jpeg

Just got the results from NGC, MS63 and MS64 - thought they both had a chance at 64, was wishing for 65 but expected disappointment as my predictions are always off. Both issue free and straight graded so I shouldn’t complain but…..

12 minutes ago, JamesH said:

More works of art from @StBeesSilver  heading straight for the treasure chest. The 2oz silver sovs are an absolute joy to hold. Thank you 👍🏼

IMG_9670.jpeg

IMG_9671.jpeg

The coins look very very nice, how I miss them?

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Love SBS work, been to St Bees it's up by the lakes on the coast. I remember you have to drive through the world's smallest tunnel to get to the beach carpark. Nearly wiped the sides of my car out. Anyway, @StBeesSilver do you have a physical shop I can visit next time I'm up or are you online only? :D

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

4 minutes ago, theman73 said:

The coins look very very nice, how I miss them?

St Bees had a post a little while ago about them and I’d expressed interest at the time saying I’d take some when ready. Got in touch a few days back to let me know they were good to go. Their stuff seems to go super quick but am sure if you drop them a note they’ll get in touch with availability 👍🏼

2 hours ago, Upsidedown said:

Love SBS work, been to St Bees it's up by the lakes on the coast. I remember you have to drive through the world's smallest tunnel to get to the beach carpark. Nearly wiped the sides of my car out. Anyway, @StBeesSilver do you have a physical shop I can visit next time I'm up or are you online only? :D

Hi...I know that tunnel well😂

No I don't have a shop....online only.