• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 3.12.2023 at 20:52, Silverlocks said:

Germania Ritter der Vergangenheit 2023

Aus@Panda6Pack, kam letzte Woche an. Das ist jetzt das ganze Set.

image.thumb.jpeg.62deded62e8f045f5c571a30b1cde2ca.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d0d296d4ad0626f39adf5f770de0a2e3.jpeg

Bonus 2021 und 2022 Ritter

image.thumb.jpeg.e198534e8fdf52ad47df755099ddb82b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3329cb86612aa0f88eeb3e87d30d8a9b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.558f1f4b222f7f52c729c2ac45ee9cac.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5eeb33e345047b8d75251a0441ce0cbf.jpeg

These are beautiful coins, it's just a pity that this series has already come to an end. Thanks for the great pictures.

12 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

I think this is also a good investment for the future. The first Krugerrand coin in silver from 2018, here in a tube of 25 pieces. Greetings from Maxe.

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/46147931en.jpg

Nice, but the 2017 was the 1st silver krug. These 2018 were the first sold by the tube though.

12 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

Schön, aber der 2017er war der 1. Silberkrug. Diese 2018er waren allerdings die ersten, die in der Tube verkauft wurden.

Ok, that's right. But the 2017 is the 50th anniversary Privy Mark and is limited to just 1,000,000 pieces. I think only 600,000 were minted. Sorry for my little faux pas. 😊

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

Gold Britannia with a black spot. On closer inspection it turns out to be a mint error, with a black blob struck through into the surface of the coin.

image.thumb.png.49e0f7649e52bae6f2b302a6ec72c81f.png

image.thumb.png.95177611968ae206533c39e4b063fb83.png

image.png.c659fddea89e27cd23baef0fa4f8b067.png

I know this is up your street and likely a positive, but it's still dismally executed from the RM

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Gold Britannia with a black spot. On closer inspection it turns out to be a mint error, with a black blob struck through into the surface of the coin.

That to me looks like a hole in the coin, not a blob on top of it

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Gruff said:

I can't really show it any better unfortunately, but it is definitely a black object or substance (grease? fluff?) that's been struck into the coin thus causing the hole.

I guess that makes it mildly more interesting as a mint error, as most strike throughs don't retain the struck through object.

1 minute ago, TheShinyStuff said:

How can you be sure this happened in the minting process, and not afterwards? Would a dunt from a (semi) pointed object not leave a similar impression?

I guess I've seen enough strike through errors to be absolutely positive that it's not a dent. There are no parts of the coin outside of the volume of space that the die would permit, and the struck through object is still embedded in the coin.

I will take a closer look with a USB wotsit later.

33 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

28 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Finally definite proof of the existence of black holes.........RM achieved what Stephen Hawkins couldn't.

12 minutes ago, Brit2023 said:

Finally definite proof of the existence of black holes.........RM achieved what Stephen Hawkins couldn't.

Now I want to know what the RM are using Vanta Black for :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Now I want to know what the RM are using Vanta Black for :D 

It does make it look like a bottomless hole a bit! Using a 10x loupe, it doesn't look that black (and the error is much more obvious). The problem with taking pot-shots like these from a phone camera is that the phone itself blocks out loads of light when you hold it that close in macro mode, so I had to angle it to get light in from the window and then the contrast goes bonkers! My USB microscope has a poor-man's LED ring light around the end so hopefully that will show what's going on a bit better, although it's not always great at showing up holes/cracks clearly unless you tilt the coin slightly.