• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

15 minutes ago, TheShinyStuff said:

N

No, what am I missing?

Look it up on your search engine of choice.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

14 minutes ago, James32 said:

So...

On the right hand side of camera body there will be buttons. One of those buttons is responsible for something peculiar, no matter many times you press it nothing happens. Next step is to read the manual in French because it will make more sense that way. I've actually forgotten the question but I'm not done typing 😆 and if you have gotten this far, a camera is the least of your worries!!

Paging @Charliemouse

Sorry, my manual is in Korean.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

6 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Last time I clicked on an external link on a website not this one a massively boobed lady popped up swinging them around and singing Jingle Bells every time I turned my computer on. 

Could you share that link please? For my friend...

1 hour ago, James32 said:

So...

On the right hand side of camera body there will be buttons. One of those buttons is responsible for something peculiar, no matter many times you press it nothing happens. Next step is to read the manual in French because it will make more sense that way. I've actually forgotten the question but I'm not done typing 😆 and if you have gotten this far, a camera is the least of your worries!!

Paging @Charliemouse

I'm deleting my tutorials and replacing them with this.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

1 hour ago, richatthecroft said:

Thank you to @QuantumStacker

Lovely low mintage 5 Sovereign.

3BF5A75E-BBF5-49C1-8D4F-4EC645490F1A.thumb.jpeg.8ac30beb582065821c231c61e12f55b8.jpeg5401F9D2-D8DF-4F73-A517-673F67B4F31E.thumb.jpeg.5ed69d3ef4d3b624c67fc7c9ba18ad78.jpeg

718AAE4A-143D-4B6C-A5B4-AFE5D690C005.thumb.jpeg.e0a6eeb93f6ae67afce32f9ef9739902.jpeg1A7D7399-0101-40F3-AA04-65753FE935AE.thumb.jpeg.298335a7e69d4df27a78748bb4f4d884.jpegEC887456-2E49-4DF4-9719-43E9362F9D7D.thumb.jpeg.6cbe8941d30acd77caaf1ba4d2a5bbf6.jpeg

Thank you for sacrificing your bank account before I had to sacrifice mine.

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

5 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

You'll make more interest on those than with your bank account if its anything like mine lol. 

Interest?

11 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Gold's more attractive than current interest rates imo. And it never tries to sign me up to lots of extras when I visit it 😄

No, but it loves company.

2 hours ago, Dazlenk said:

Picked this up from Tavex the other day, my third 1/4oz Tudor Beast.  Managed to get it when spot dropped to around £1500, happy days!! 

20230721_183240.jpg

Anyone know why neither Atkinsons nor Chards have this?

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

12 hours ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Anyone know why neither Atkinsons nor Chards have this?

I could only find it in a couple of places, the Mint and BBP I think which I thought was a bit strange. But the difference in cost between those 2 and Tavex was amazing. 

17 hours ago, AgD said:

Finally got the wedding rings today ready for the big day (doomsday) on Sunday.

Both hallmarked platinum and handmade, none of this off the shelf huge markup.

The Mrs is happy so I'm happy 😁 (well at the moment at least 🤣)

20230721_164149.jpg

20230721_164311.jpg

20230721_164336.jpg

How much platinum did you have to put into this? I’m thinking of doing something similar 

Aaaahhh😉