• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Is the Angle a proof or BU and is the coin in a cap in side the seal?   

It's what they call a "reverse proof". Not a proof in the commonly accepted fashion, ie polished shiny field, but definitely a better quality finish and detail to a common bullion coin. I can see them being popular.

They come loose within the plastic, no capsule.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• Founder & Administrator

I don't remember last years being in this larger type box? (When compared to the other Perth mint 1oz)

Anyhow, beautiful coin.

25cb309defa8fc9dd64e160c32816d57.jpg

6d8f0f14cf47cba53e0450c100c2f0f9.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

6 hours ago, Oldun said:

13,000 total mintage of which 9,000 in limited presentation.

51 left as of posting

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/u/uk1690sp

Grr, scratch that. Up to 445 and an awaiting stock notice.......no way of knowing how many have been sold thus far.....when I bought mine, there were 3,000 left. That is all the info I can provide.

Edited by Oldun

Fresh from Apmex in the US. 

Two proof gold 1/4 oz Libertads and two bullion versions. Odd size - 23mm capsules needed! 

image.thumb.jpeg.418cf6cc608a2621b540a01102e91f05.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b384fda76e79a80626e1958b6bf76a1f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52159c076245f57e437cd05ea63a1904.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3014d5ef962fc587778a5515395206aa.jpeg

I love to see this type of pickup. Classy and well thought out. There are 500 1/4oz proofs. Tiny mintage and a great choice?

Grade or no grade?

Fresh from Apmex in the US. 

Two proof gold 1/4 oz Libertads and two bullion versions. Odd size - 23mm capsules needed! 

image.thumb.jpeg.418cf6cc608a2621b540a01102e91f05.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b384fda76e79a80626e1958b6bf76a1f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52159c076245f57e437cd05ea63a1904.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3014d5ef962fc587778a5515395206aa.jpeg

I love to see this type of pickup. Classy and well thought out. There are 500 1/4oz proofs. Tiny mintage and a great choice?

Grade or no grade?

Thanks.

You know me Numi - I have never sent anything for grading; combination of factors - but probably mainly driven by the concern on the hassle of sending them and the cost, and that I simply enjoy having the coins in capsules to examine.  

However .....your excellent post-NGC videos and advice are making me seriously consider it - especially for the proof Libertads! I do appreciate the point of it - by locking in a grade and a value that will not really be disputed. One aspect I have wondered about - is it better to get current year proofs graded in that year when the appraisers are used to seeing them....or is it irrelevant when the modern proofs go in? 

Oh - and one last thing on the 1/4 Libertad gold proofs - now "out of stock" @ Apmex so I think that's it for 2015! They do have one last 1 ounce proof left. Still 6 bullion 1/4 Libertads left, and 221 full 1 ounce coins. Get them while you can...

Oh - and one last thing on the 1/4 Libertad gold proofs - now "out of stock" @ Apmex so I think that's it for 2015! They do have one last 1 ounce proof left. Still 6 bullion 1/4 Libertads left, and 221 full 1 ounce coins. Get them while you can...

People think these things last forever but all the 2015's come from broken sets as there were no singles. I think I may have 4 of the 2015 1/4s one is in a set and the others I graded. I need to check but at least 2 of them came back 70. You stand a better chance earlier on before the cherry picking but there are still relatively few graded compared to previous years so I would say if it looks perfect grade it.

People think these things last forever but all the 2015's come from broken sets as there were no singles. I think I may have 4 of the 2015 1/4s one is in a set and the others I graded. I need to check but at least 2 of them came back 70. You stand a better chance earlier on before the cherry picking but there are still relatively few graded compared to previous years so I would say if it looks perfect grade it.