• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

2023 Royal Mint - Six Decades of 007 - Movies of the 1970's - 2oz Silver

Sharing a photo before it has to be packed off back to the mint.  Unfortunately came with just too many faults / impacts.  Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement.  🤞

Sorry you got a duff one Charlie - I feel your pain!

Are you collecting the series and, if so, what are your impressions so far?

I like the gun barrel graphic on each coin as it unites the set very neatly and is a direct reference to the opening credit sequence on all Bond films. Other than that, the designs are little lacklustre, IMO. I had hoped this would be a good series to collect, as they offer the double whammy of being quintessentially British, combined with the internationally famous Bond brand. However, they don't appear to be well received on here and elsewhere (because of the designs, perhaps?). So, ultimately, I fear I'll lose money on them but, hey ho, that's the risk one takes!

8 minutes ago, nunoelias said:

I got this Silver Eagle 1986 Proof Coin "S" mintage from a Coin Dealer Shop.

I think it is a little bit more valuable than the normal bullion, but it arrived from the store with no certificate of authenticity.

What should I do with it? 

Get a special box for it? 

image.thumb.jpeg.76eedf80c598fb8ba8a3b47874503641.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6df14c0f3fdfb64d6c0d0132705bde35.jpeg

Assume it’s come out of a set? Would assume that anyone buying it from you can see what it is despite not having the coa?🤔🤔

13 minutes ago, Petra said:

Assume it’s come out of a set? Would assume that anyone buying it from you can see what it is despite not having the coa?🤔🤔

Well, I just ordered from the dealer 5 Silver Eagles, because I want to finish a tube.

Of these 5 coins, 3 of them are from 1986. But it seems one of them came as Proof...

14 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Oh mate, you shouldn't have shown me that, it's got a Sherman tank on it. My favourite little WWII tank.

Not just any Sherman, it’s a Sherman firefly with the uprated gun to take on the Tigers Boom!

Edited by Brit2023
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Brit2023 said:

Not just any Sherman, it’s a Sherman firefly with the uprated gun to take on the Tigers Boom!

It's all sorts of weirdness, kitted out like a Firefly VC but with the suspension of a Firefly IC.

Just now, paulmerton said:

It's all sorts of weirdness, kitted out like a Firefly VC but with the suspension of a Firefly IC.

Also, I'm sure it should be a lot more smaller than that ship 🤣

11 hours ago, alexmcsheffrey said:

Another bunch of rare world gold coins for the collection 😍

20240208_074603.jpg

20240208_074711.jpg

Wow that libertad is beautiful. As is the Chilean. Love the European gold.... It's all nice. Great rare gold! 

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Also, I'm sure it should be a lot more smaller than that ship 🤣

The ship that’s run aground in Normandy.😳

11 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Nice 😎

Ive got 2 but want more.

Know they were decent sized mintages but great that 150 year old coins survive in such great condition

Just now, cjbcomm said:

Know they were decent sized mintages but great that 150 year old coins survive in such great condition

And so much nicer than the newer "pink" sovs 🤪

1 hour ago, Brit2023 said:

Aye I loved the Firefly on World of Tanks. Flipping brilliant tank, nimble and paper thin but packs a punch. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Aye I loved the Firefly on World of Tanks. Flipping brilliant tank, nimble and paper thin but packs a punch. 🤣

Quality British ingenuity 🤔😮

3 hours ago, timsk said:

Sorry you got a duff one Charlie - I feel your pain!

Are you collecting the series and, if so, what are your impressions so far?

I like the gun barrel graphic on each coin as it unites the set very neatly and is a direct reference to the opening credit sequence on all Bond films. Other than that, the designs are little lacklustre, IMO. I had hoped this would be a good series to collect, as they offer the double whammy of being quintessentially British, combined with the internationally famous Bond brand. However, they don't appear to be well received on here and elsewhere (because of the designs, perhaps?). So, ultimately, I fear I'll lose money on them but, hey ho, that's the risk one takes!

I am collecting the series in 2oz silver and 1/4oz gold proofs.  I may try the bullion coins.  Let's see.

I very much like the general design.  There are several nods to the Bond fans, gun barrel, the 007 logo from the era being celebrated, and the names of the decade's films in micro-text.

I would have made different choices on the vehicles for 70s and 80s.  Wet Nelly is probably the most iconic, but they've already done it in the previous Bond series.  And I thought the Acrostar was a poor choice - I'd much rather had seen the V8 Vantage with skis.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

5 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

2023 Royal Mint - Six Decades of 007 - Movies of the 1970's - 2oz Silver

Sharing a photo before it has to be packed off back to the mint.  Unfortunately came with just too many faults / impacts.  Hopefully the replacement will be an improvement.  🤞

20240208-161012-2024-02-0816-28-03(BR4S4).thumb.png.4a8a3a58c93ba239448c059d3074c75e.png

Hi, can we get a better photo please thanks

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, MaxeBaumann said:

Hello my friends, today a little historical gold from Switzerland. Greetings from Maxe.

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015634nq.jpg

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015635cz.jpg

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015636ce.jpg

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015637sd.jpg

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015638da.jpg

Bild-Url: https://up.picr.de/47015639lr.jpg

Lovely photos - Nice to see you branching out into gold.  The Latin Monetary Union is a very deep rabbit hole.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

48 minutes ago, Earthmetal said:

All today, A lovely assortment with impeccable service from @iacabu & @theman73

DSC00983.JPG

DSC00984.JPG

Show off! 

Jokes aside, that's an awesome haul there

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

That's very nice.  I only saw that KOMSCO did gold coins quite recently, and I'm sort of tempted to get one if I can find it.  Currently I don't have anything bigger than a quarter ounce or so, but I'm considering buying a 1oz coin at some point, most likely a Kanga or something from Perth Mint.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.