• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

6 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Nothing sold yet...

georgeDragonEbay.jpg.b22248652cb2bde4df3a9378fd33bd90.jpg

Can’t see anything selling for more than 2x tbh. The 2oz definitely won’t shift while they are still available to buy! I also think not having postage until April will put people off

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’ll call it - another George and the Dragon, followed by another, and yet another, as I’ve said before (1910 and 1935), for a run of G&Ds. 😎

I think it will be Cristian da Cuhna’s version of Megan Markle on the throne with Harry on a lead. You’ve heard it here first.

Edited by NGMD

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, Paul said:

What's the next release in this series? When's it launching? What are the mintages? 

No more after this release for GE I expect. Pistrucci only did the farthing and medals really so I can't think of any other iconic coin they would try to do again. 

17 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

so I can't think of any other iconic coin they would try to do again. 

E.g., it could be Wyon’s St George & the Dragon. Also because the EIC issued it in 2023 in their Masterpieces collection, other coins of which followed the Great Engravers.

https://collections.theeastindiacompany.com/pages/a-rivalry-between-two-masters 

24 minutes ago, tpcob303 said:

No more after this release for GE I expect. Pistrucci only did the farthing and medals really so I can't think of any other iconic coin they would try to do again. 

This is the RM’s prestige series. They have rectified with mintages this time around. They aren’t going to kill this series. There are numerous other iconic coins they can do that would be appealing to majority of collectors worldwide who’ll never be able to afford the originals.

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

This is the RM’s prestige series. They have rectified with mintages this time around. They aren’t going to kill this series. There are numerous other iconic coins they can do that would be appealing to majority of collectors worldwide who’ll never be able to afford the originals.

How about a dragon series?

All the different versions of G&D used and also the medieval Angels of Michael & the dragon?

4 hours ago, tpcob303 said:

I ordered the 2oz and 5 oz silver only. I don't know if this will be a winner or a flop but this gamble was reasonnable for me and the 5 oz will be probably stunning in hand (hopefully the RM has solved the technical issues of the Petition Crown 

I skipped the last PC gold and this one too,  but I reconfort myself being the happy owner of the whole W.Wyon GE series in 2oz gold ;) :) 

Edited by Frenchie

1 minute ago, Olivard said:

How about a dragon series?

All the different versions of G&D used and also the medieval Angels of Michael & the dragon?

That’s pretty much what I had suggested to the RM some years back when they had sent out a survey about the types of ranges we’d like to see. A range of G&D from the beginning of the RM’s history. (The Angel coins would indeed be out of this world!)

I had also suggested resurrecting old coin designs. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

That’s pretty much what I had suggested to the RM some years back when they had sent out a survey about the types of ranges we’d like to see. A range of G&D from the beginning of the RM’s history. (The Angel coins would indeed be out of this world!)

I had also suggested resurrecting old coin designs. 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

They missed an opportunity given this is the Chinese Year of the Dragon.

By the way, I acknowledge my source was partly wrong, as was the rumour mill.

They had said no 5oz silver as some denominations were scrapped.

It looks like the 5oz and 10oz gold have been scrapped; not to mention some of the even bigger denominations like 1 kilo silver and 2 kilo gold etc.

Oh well🤔time to get back guessing what another coin will be🤔along with moaning about the flippers for this one I suppose it will keep this thread going for a few months. 🤔😁😂😂

Honestly not my thing at all.

I presume that “In Pursuit of Perfection” is an acknowledgment that only a few will grade at MS70.  

“We did try but our quality ain’t great”

image.thumb.png.2f05b91325d24bf542878ea5ecde8c52.png

Not my circus, not my monkeys

15 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

How long did it took the 5oz and 10 oz to sell out? I logged in 9.15am and they were gone.

Think it was within 10 minutes 

5 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

Anyone sending these coins to be graded ? 

I'm sure some are sending. Most will get a 69.

As for the series I want it to stop. They will always bring back old designs bit in a different series or a one off like on Charles 50p coins they had the QA from what shpuld have been kept on a crown. 

20 minutes ago, dicker said:

Honestly not my thing at all.

I presume that “In Pursuit of Perfection” is an acknowledgment that only a few will grade at MS70.  

“We did try but our quality ain’t great”

image.thumb.png.2f05b91325d24bf542878ea5ecde8c52.png

They will buff up okay with a bit of Brasso and wire wool.....🤣