• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

mr-dead how long have you been stacking

I did stack a little silver and gold a few years ago but sold the lot.  I started stacking this lot on 31/12/13 according to my spreadsheet so about 1 year & 4 months worth of stacking.

They are quadrum capsules, you can get them here -

http://www.coingallery.co.uk/quadrum-coin-cases-36-c.asp

or individually here -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141039176556?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=440161611176&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are designed to go with the quadrum cases like the one I sold here -

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/3113-quadrum-case-3-x-20-coins/#entry48894

Edited by mr-dead

Excellent, cheers guys  :)

I keep my bullion coins in a coin book at the moment but would be good to have a few of the nicer or more interesting ones in separate capsules.

One more question - should I buy them 1mm larger than the coin or the exact size?

Edited by Silvergun Superman

I'm not sure if I can call my collection of gold a 'stack' yet. 2.6oz doesn't sound heavy enough to be a stack. Maybe the foundation before a stack is built on top of it.

Nice, I'm also at 2.6oz!  :)

Love that ducat, looks huge! Is that 1oz?

I'm not sure if I can call my collection of gold a 'stack' yet. 2.6oz doesn't sound heavy enough to be a stack. Maybe the foundation before a stack is built on top of it.

Nice buddy.

I'm only at 2.12oz but I'll be getting some more soon hopefully.

Stacker since 2013

@Danny-boy

You've mentioned that you're now done with silver. Are you exchanging some/all for gold and only stacking gold from now on?

Hi MZ,

Yes, that's the current plan. I'll only be selling some of my silver though, there is quite a bit that I'd like to keep for a while longer.

I may buy some specific silver, but we shall see. Once I got over the gold issue (not a lot for your money), I'm quite enjoying gold.

Stacker since 2013

@Melon

Nice, I'm also at 2.6oz!  :)

Love that ducat, looks huge! Is that 1oz?

The 4 ducat is actually only 14g, so lighter than the 1/2oz kangaroo above it.  They are only 0.7mm thick so look rather impressive.

The 1 ducats on the left are 3.5g but only 1mm smaller than a sovereign.

The 4 ducat is actually only 14g, so lighter than the 1/2oz kangaroo above it.  They are only 0.7mm thick so look rather impressive.

The 1 ducats on the left are 3.5g but only 1mm smaller than a sovereign.

Ooo, I think I may need to get one of those! Ta

Ooo, I think I may need to get one of those! Ta

They pop up at HGM occasionally for a good price, but otherwise there's usually a bit of a premium on them. There's one finishing on ebay tomorrow if you fancy a punt, still sitting at a good price (current spot price would be £345).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201345556043?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My Hatton Garden order arrived this morning, 2 1/2 sovs from 1907 & 1914 and a nice looking 10g 9999 bar from Mennica Polska (Mint of Poland) quite a low serial number too at 476-

jrffwjd.jpg

u9vvsej.jpg

@mr-dead

your edward 7th reverse looks different from some

web pictures I've seen. most notably the tail on the

horse ends pointy as opposed to fluffy. also the

engravers initials are hard to make out.

HH

just did a quick google image search and there seems to be 2 different designs for that year?

ckxCjr7.png

Well spotted though, much better attention to detail than me, wonder if there is a variance in design depending where they were minted?

edit :

Looks like it was minted in Perth

http://goldsovereignexpert.com/mintmark.asp?CoinDate=1907&Bust=10&Design=1

Edited by mr-dead

You can't post a pic of a sovereign on here without someone saying it looks dodgy :P

:) nothing wrong with a little due diligence.

It came from Hatton Gardens so not too concerned, it looked spot on when I gave the once over on delivery.