• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

You got 29 ounces of gold now HT? You've been busy.

LOL...............I wish.... :D

You'll be getting me in trouble with a certain forum member, with that sort of rumour of my spending patterns :P  ;)

Check back on the descriptions of coins. They are mostly half sovs and sovs. The graph shows at what price per ounce the coins are on an equivalent basis...

I've only got a modest 4.96 t oz. but I'm more than happy with that.

I'm looking at all my gold stack now. First time in a long time.

I'm at 17.5 oz now. I like all my gold coins. That's the thing about gold. It's hard to make it look ugly.

I think the old sovereigns are my favourites but it's nice to have a variety of old and new and small and large.

Edited by Cointreau

That is a very healthy gold price average Keith.

Buying at the right time?, or your national crusade to hoover up all the well priced sovereigns?

Hi BB I think it is more down to astute buying the three full proof sovereigns I have I was a bit cheeky and asked if they would accept £190 each ad they did. So a very good deal. Also the 1oz Krugerrand I only paid £695 for it way back when.

• 2 weeks later...

attachicon.gifDSC_0018.jpg This is my 8 1/2 oz of gold which has been static since I discovered STG in August. I was aiming originally for 10oz by end of the year which I would have made if not for silver stacking currently at 310oz. Looking forward to adding to my stack next year.

I'd love a gold stack like that buddy, what a fantastic achievement.

Pretty awesome silver stack too.

Stacker since 2013

• 2 weeks later...

Officially my gold stack went in to the positive return on spot price alone just now -

teiLPT0.png

Not bad considering the premium on old pandas, 1/10th lunars (especially the mouse and ox) :)

Graph shows bulk volume of my stack is now under spot, those 160g worth of Perth Mint Oriana bars, 2 X 100g bars, 2 X quint sovs, 50 peso etc. have really brought my average cost per oz down.

Edited by mr-dead

@ twizynorthwood ,

Completely jealous of that libertad set, been dying to get my hands on a 1 oz libertad but havent had a chance yet.

Thanks for the compliment. It is my only set apart from a Silver Britannia Set. I collect Libertads and. Britannias and also a few Pandas and Kangaroos but mostly fractionals and probably 80% is NGC certified most of which I have sent for certification myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set of coins, but I am a stacker at heart and am happy to just by my Sovereigns and 1 oz Britannia's.

That said I do have some proof sovereigns, and they are awesome.

I guess I am a semi-numismatic stacker )) I try to select coins that are low volume and great condition. I have some Perth 10oz and American Silver Eagles but my favorites are Libertads preferably proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twizy - gotta admire those gold Libertads ! Big fan, but like mr dead, have not yet got any of those beauties. Hopefully it's easier to source them from Florida than here in UK. I have got the parallel 7 coin Lib proofs in silver, which are great too ....so I need the gold set to compare and contrast! Thanks for sharing that picture.