• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

@ ChrisSilver - my buying power is currently greatly reduced due to the wife wanting the bedrooms + kitchen revamped :(

Will be a couple of months before I get into full swing again, hopefully I dont miss these lower spot prices.

My latest acquisition, a nice 1894 & 1912 sov -

sWTU5O6.jpg

Edited by mr-dead

Just picked up a little extra platinum on ebay, its a 1/10th proof 999 mintage London Mint Charles I pattern five unite.

Original price tag of £295 about 8 years ago so not a bad deal :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Platinum-coin-London-mint-Charles-1-pattern-five-unite-in-platinum-/321674355451?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=xNaXDOofh3rNONGvd9ArarbLCy0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Will add some better pics when it arrives next week.

Edited by mr-dead

• Founder & Administrator

Those 10oz PAMP bars are nice. I have a 1/2 kilo one, but it doesn't look as good as it's longer and there is a gap above and below the lady Fortuna. Looks a bit odd. The 10oz is a much better size in my opinion.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Nice purchase mr-dead, but aren't they in the wrong thread  :lol: I'm waiting on your 3x 10oz Au bars :D

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered another 3 X 10oz pamps, so now have 6 in total.  Going to fill a box of 10 bars then back to gold buying.

Must not get distracted by the silver shiny metal :unsure:

Just got back from working away the week and picked these up from the post office, metallographic samples arrived tax free again from Oz :)

10oz bars, 3 old style and 3 new style packaging -

G0FQTGo.jpg

Edited by mr-dead

30 oz of gold damn..I don't know if I will ever have that much in my life

At 10% gold PM's in portfolio. And at gold at say £1k an ounce, you only need 300k of assets.

Your young, so if you work for the next 40 years and only acquire £7500 of assets per year (so £750 of gold per year) you will have that in your lifetime ;)

Discounts / Offers

Another 1912 full sov and 1901 half sov to add to the stack -

Update full stack pic -

30.29 oz gold

3.9g Palladium

5.89g Platinum

60oz of silver Pamp Suisse bars

I am also in a similar position as you are, currently at 29.5 oz of gold so tantalizingly close to the BIG 1kg. But my silver stack is at 2259.56 oz.

I also have only one 5oz Pamp bar they are very very nice.

Edited by Keithoil

Good lord! That's some collection  :o

Out of interest, (and you don't have to answer, I understand) a Kg of gold is 25,904 GBP spot.

What would you say your collection is worth? There look to be some premium pieces there. 

A very large percentage over spot?

JB

Good lord! That's some collection  :o

Out of interest, (and you don't have to answer, I understand) a Kg of gold is 25,904 GBP spot.

What would you say your collection is worth? There look to be some premium pieces there. 

A very large percentage over spot?

JB

The bulk of the oz's were purchased when spot was around £750ish and silver came from oz so no VAT.  All in I have paid £25,881 to date, I did get some really good deals on some of the Pandas and lunars so I would expect to get around £27,000 now if sold taking the increase in spot in to account.