• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold stacker

mr-dead

Royal Mint lunars have all been a bit naff in my view. A single polish finish through and through doesn't give it any definition. A good coin needs to incorporate both frosted/matt with shiny/polished parts.

2 hours ago, morezone said:

Royal Mint lunars have all been a bit naff in my view. A single polish finish through and through doesn't give it any definition. A good coin needs to incorporate both frosted/matt with shiny/polished parts.

nailed it.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Not really stacking but I did buy a 2002 sovereign from Arshi the other day. Collectables only ATM. The gold money I'm holding as cash until this breakout is confirmed. I tell myself I am happy with my current position so can afford to wait and see. I would not be too bothered if the price rises while in cash, but I would be bothered if I bought more gold now, increase my average and then the price dropped again. 

23 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Is anyone gold stacking at these prices?

I bought a few more collectable items off Ebay when the price peaked, usually I would never look at them but stuff that had been listed under 30 day sales and went on a few weeks before the big price spike suddenly looked more appealing, proof boxed with COA gold that was £80 more than a bullion coin suddenly became a fiver more than a bullion coin.

Edited by Scuzzle

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Going to be like a fat kid in a sweet shop this week.

Have got about £6k to spend on gold, now have to decide what to grab :)

Are you playing safe by going % over spot,going semi numi or high end stuff?   Will be interested to hear what you go for

@mr-dead i would go for a mix of low and high premium if I had the budget...its the safest way, but as always it up to you .

Those pandas look mighty fine

4 minutes ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

@mr-dead i would go for a mix of low and high premium if I had the budget...its the safest way, but as always it up to you .

Those pandas look mighty fine

Problem is the 150g proof Panda maxes the budget, a smidge over £6500.

Think I will go for it.  Will defo have to get some cotton gloves and wont be popping it out of the capsule :)

just put in a 8500 Euro offer on a 2016 150g Gold proof Panda on ebay.

The company has it on their website for 8500 Euro but more expensive on ebay (same company) so if they match their website price its mine :)

Only bought it on ebay as their website is all in German so hard to understand.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172120992397?_trksid=p2060353.m2763.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by mr-dead

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Use top cash back and nectar?

Never bothered with either, just signed up for Nectar on ebay and it works out over £30 cash back on the 1 transaction - a couple of free oz of silver :)

Just have to wait now and see if they accept my offer.

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:
2 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

I work it out to £100 equivalent nectar.

£5000 is 5000 points, 500 points is £2.50 giving £25 cash back.

There is a quadruple point deal at the moment giving £100.

Use top cash back and nectar?

Even better the coin works out just over £6500, so £130 in Nectar points.

5 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Even better the coin works out just over £6500, so £130 in Nectar points.

It's a really massive premium isn't it?

RM style premium

What's the resale on this type of coin like? how easy would it be to sell in future? 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation