• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

Spotted on BookyFace earlier today - £600 for a graded "Memorial Sovereign" PF70

That's nearly £100 below list RRP at launch 

Just how low can they go ????

IMG_5640.JPG

They pumped out so many of these it will be a long time before we see any really meaningful growth, even in £1 proofs IMHO.

The £2 & £5 make more sense at thr right price, but those I suspect will just see a slow upward value ascend, good for passing down the family, flippers, not so much.

I can recall finding 2 or 3 dealers desperately trying to off load 5 coin sets well below RM price several months after release.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

4 minutes ago, Petra said:

People spent up on other stuff before release of these, then thinking that they can get them cheaper if they hang on long enough?🤔

Think your right @Petra, and if they were not spent out then, they sure as heck are now with basically 4 fifferent flavour Brits in 2023 too.

RM have really gotten too enthusiastic IMHO and the cash is no longer around to support that for many, incl bullion versions too I suspect.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

12 minutes ago, NGMD said:

I cannot remember who posted about BBP having stock of the 1/4oz Coronation Proof,but Thank you😁. I was looking for it to add to my Proof Coronation collection but was not going to pay the flippers premium. Flea-Bay is rife with overpriced ones. Got it for under RM retail (yep, from BBP)so bought the 1/4 Cypher to make sure it wasn’t lonely for the postal journey. When I bought it they went straight out of stock so obviously only had a few. Happy Bunny. 
1/40, 1/4, Sovereign and 1oz. My work here is done.

I posted it a few days ago! they also had the 2oz silver proof that time! Your very welcome! enjoy your coin!

On 15/07/2023 at 02:31, ak74 said:

Yes, it looks like virtually impossible to find double sovereigns from German/EU dealers, as the RM sell them exclusively. No sign of Coronation Doubles so far from anybody.

In the meantime I found the bullion quarter Coronation sovereign at a German dealer. Arrived this morning right before I left for late shift. 

However, it came without the blister package, unlike the previous editions, and is now sitting in an oversized 1 Eurocent capsule.

How did you receive yours? Did RM change their procedure? Does it mean they have them available in tubes now?

20230815_200927.jpg

2 hours ago, xthomasx said:

In the meantime I found the bullion quarter Coronation sovereign at a German dealer. Arrived this morning right before I left for late shift. 

However, it came without the blister package, unlike the previous editions, and is now sitting in an oversized 1 Eurocent capsule.

How did you receive yours? Did RM change their procedure? Does it mean they have them available in tubes now?

20230815_200927.jpg

I got the memorial quarter sov from BBP and it came in that awful blister pack with wording covering the coin window so I removed it anyway to put in a capsule. For the coronation I got the proof version so can’t speak to how the bullion arrive but honestly I prefer the capsule to those blisters anyway. 

48 minutes ago, DTL1982 said:

I got the memorial quarter sov from BBP and it came in that awful blister pack with wording covering the coin window so I removed it anyway to put in a capsule. For the coronation I got the proof version so can’t speak to how the bullion arrive but honestly I prefer the capsule to those blisters anyway. 

I have a few blistered quarters. Is there a source of cheap capsules that are not too big?

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

On 04/08/2023 at 17:47, NGMD said:

I cannot remember who posted about BBP having stock of the 1/4oz Coronation Proof,but Thank you😁. I was looking for it to add to my Proof Coronation collection but was not going to pay the flippers premium. Flea-Bay is rife with overpriced ones. Got it for under RM retail (yep, from BBP)so bought the 1/4 Cypher to make sure it wasn’t lonely for the postal journey. When I bought it they went straight out of stock so obviously only had a few. Happy Bunny. 
1/40, 1/4, Sovereign and 1oz. My work here is done.

Don't think that this BBP exclusive 1/4oz coin is proof.

2 hours ago, Divmad said:

Don't think that this BBP exclusive 1/4oz coin is proof.

He's referring to the 1/4oz Proof Coronation coin - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/proof-sets/royal-mint-14oz-proof-coins/2023-proof-quarter-ounce-king-charles-iii-coronation-gold-coin/

BBP had a small restock of some of those proof coins. He did also pick up the bullion 1/4oz Cypher Coronation coin as well though "to make sure it wasn’t lonely for the postal journey".

12 hours ago, Earthmetal said:

I have a few blistered quarters. Is there a source of cheap capsules that are not too big?

A guy on ebay sells pretty much all sizes; forget the name now, but those ones in light blue and white boxes, good quality.

I’d really like to hear from forum members here that ordered proof coronation coins from BBP whether the coins they received had any issues.

My 1/2 sovereign had flaws and BBP first offered to exchange it, but then they messaged me informing me that they were all out of stock after I had requested they verify that the replacement be flawless, while all along still having it for sale on their website long after they informed we they were all out. My options were to return it for a refund or keep it and receive a 1 oz silver coin as compensation. So they basically lied to me.

I’m curious to know whether I was unfortunate or whether BBP was/ is selling subpar proof coins and chose not to exchange my coin because they knew their entire stock consisted of duds, which could explain their lower prices compared to the RM.

The entire experience was quite of putting. So, please chime in and lets us know how it turned out.

Edited by Ignorant

1 hour ago, Ignorant said:

I’d really like to hear from forum members here that ordered proof coronation coins from BBP whether the coins they received had any issues.

My 1/2 sovereign had flaws and BBP first offered to exchange it, but then they messaged me informing me that they were all out of stock after I had requested they verify that the replacement be flawless, while all along still having it for sale on their website long after they informed we they were all out. My options were to return it for a refund or keep it and receive a 1 oz silver coin as compensation. So they basically lied to me.

I’m curious to know whether I was unfortunate or whether BBP was/ is selling subpar proof coins and chose not to exchange my coin because they knew their entire stock consisted of duds, which could explain their lower prices compared to the RM.

The entire experience was quite of putting. So, please chime in and lets us know how it turned out.

They've always been fine with returning proof coins before. Which coin exactly are you talking about, and which site of theirs are you ordering from? Generally speaking, companies don't lie, and especially a customer service person. It causes 10 times more work and hassle for them, and they're just trying to get through the day without being shouted at. They do get confused sometimes between the sheer volume of coins coming out, particularly this year.

If you have a link to a coin in stock then politely email them explaining the coin you'd like replacing is still showing as in stock on the website you ordered from, and if they're not able to replace it can they explain why. Beyond that a refund/free coin is a fair offer if they don't have the ability to replace it with confidence of meeting the quality you're hoping for.

28 minutes ago, MBTPSilver said:

They've always been fine with returning proof coins before. Which coin exactly are you talking about, and which site of theirs are you ordering from? Generally speaking, companies don't lie, and especially a customer service person. It causes 10 times more work and hassle for them, and they're just trying to get through the day without being shouted at. They do get confused sometimes between the sheer volume of coins coming out, particularly this year.

If you have a link to a coin in stock then politely email them explaining the coin you'd like replacing is still showing as in stock on the website you ordered from, and if they're not able to replace it can they explain why. Beyond that a refund/free coin is a fair offer if they don't have the ability to replace it with confidence of meeting the quality you're hoping for.

Sound reasoning there.

Also, the RM aren't any better at providing flaw-free coins directly either in my experience so these kind of issues are probably affecting all retailers. I know one who returned a load of stock to RM because it was trash.

Edited by Earthmetal
Posted in incorrect page.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

13 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

As stated above it was a 2023 proof coronation half sovereign.

I bought it from BBP.eu

The coin was preordered and paid for on June 30th and received on July 17th. I immediately contacted CS via email after which they phoned me twice the following day. First to offer an exchange which I accepted, and an hour later to inform me they were all out of stock and were certain that no more additional stock would be incoming.

The buy it now listing is still up and running on their website as I type this. I made them aware of the listing and they still wouldn’t budge.

This can only mean one of three things.

1.  Either their entire stock of coronation sovereigns is faulty, and they know it, but don’t care.

2. Or they’re to lazy to provide adequate qc by verifying the condition of the coins before shipping them out.

3. Or the least likely alternative is that they are terrible at updating stock availability on their website, which is doubtful.

A refund is a perfectly fair offer. But that’s besides the point. My point is, you can’t tell customers you’re out of stock while a month later you’re still continuously advertising the exact same product as available. Buy it now! That’s crappy CS no matter how you spin it.

Edited by Ignorant

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, dvl said:

He messed himself up with the title and description. I would have had that 😂