• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

On 15/07/2023 at 01:23, Paul said:

HI30286_0.jpg?v=1689092118

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/great-britain-decimal-1968-to-date/sc-350/g100p/

Just looking up, there are x131 graded as a PF70 

It also looks like this is the first time a £100/1oz gold has been done in a reverse proof

Last gold reverse proofs to be done were the Queens Beasts 1/4s  

So they certainly don't do them very often in gold 

Usual price for a RM 1oz gold at RRP is £2,770  - so looking at a paying an additional +£480 premium for a graded PF70 for this reverse at £3250

Anybody taking a leap of faith and purchasing ???

Obviously now the are off the web I’ve decided I definitely want one. 😭
A pre graded pf70 if at all possible as I’ll not actually be able to actually view the coin in person for a year until I come back to the UK and can’t risk a dud. 

if anyone sees one still for sale please let me know. 

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, Agaupl said:

Obviously now the are off the web I’ve decided I definitely want one. 😭
A pre graded pf70 if at all possible as I’ll not actually be able to actually view the coin in person for a year until I come back to the UK and can’t risk a dud. 

if anyone sees one still for sale please let me know. 

its disappeared from their web site when i looked earlier today 

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

This is ROMO (Regret…) ☹️

It seems like Sovereign Rarities had only 1 available (though it’s also rather odd that the entire page has been taken down). 

Always the way. 

Aaaahhh😉

@Ducat916 I had the opertunity of getting a couple of SOTD sovereigns before they sold out almost immediately so I thought that when RM lowered the mintage from 650 to 450 the quintuple would’ve sold out as quick . Iv noticed a few days in and a few places still have them for sale . I have managed to get a few and will hold onto them long term hopefully they do become sought after . Time will tell I suppose . 

2023 ROYAL MINT PF70 FR UCAM CORONATION GOLD PROOF SOVEREIGN KING CHARLES III 2 - Picture 1 of 8

The first two graded PF70 Coronation sovereigns ive seen up for auction ending tonight 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235092083663

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235092086077

Both finishing in three hours time tonight, will see what the market thinks their value is £722, £726 currently 

I would be buying up the currently unloved/under list RRP PF70  "memorials" personally if i was buying anything. I saw a PF70 memorial proof sov go for £625 this morning on BookFace

I thinks these Coronation proofs will be everywhere on the market as they return back to the UK from grading over the next six months 

Edited by Paul

24 minutes ago, Paul said:

2023 ROYAL MINT PF70 FR UCAM CORONATION GOLD PROOF SOVEREIGN KING CHARLES III 2 - Picture 1 of 8

The first two graded PF70 Coronation sovereigns ive seen up for auction ending tonight 

Both finishing in three hours time tonight, will see what the market thinks their value is £722, £726 currently 

I would be buying up the currently unloved/under list RRP PF70  "memorials" personally if i was buying anything. I saw a PF70 memorial proof sov go for £625 this morning on BookFace

I thinks these Coronation proofs will be everywhere on the market as they return back to the UK from grading over the next six months 

Be really interesting to see how much over the £750 break even mark they’ll get. Flurry of bids in the last 10 minutes me thinks. Predict £830 because they’re some of the first selling and people unsure if 15k is too many. A bit of the value was removed by the bullion version being crowned and nothing special design wise like a 2002,1989 etc

That being said, some Americans will always be suckered in on Royalty.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

52 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm intrigued to see because right now we have no clue if this will be an instant hit like the jubilee or an ugly duckling like the memorial.

I am watching a lot of memorial quintuples as the prices right now are low I have a bit of a mission to get a pr70 for sub 3 grand and I think I will succeed sooner rather than later.

Does anybody know this ebay seller? I'm very wary of ebay, guy seems to have sold a lot of coins so maybe posts here or some of you have bought from him. 

Well I say him, it is 2023 and I should know better than to make assumptions based on the name David

Screenshot_20230723_130541_eBay.jpg

2 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Does anybody know this ebay seller? I'm very wary of ebay, guy seems to have sold a lot of coins so maybe posts here or some of you have bought from him. 

Well I say him, it is 2023 and I should know better than to make assumptions based on the name David

Screenshot_20230723_130541_eBay.jpg

Don't know him, but he seems upset that you don't trust him..

Screenshot_20230723_181050_Chrome.jpg

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Buy the underpriced unloved when everyone is following the next "shiny shiny"  thing 

I think it will calm down a little when there is no next thing tbh. We are in a bubble at the moment with release fatigue.

Realistically what is there for the rest of this year and possibly next? Maybe a new GE which everyone has lost faith in.

7 hours ago, SiCole said:

I think it will calm down a little when there is no next thing tbh. We are in a bubble at the moment with release fatigue.

Realistically what is there for the rest of this year and possibly next? Maybe a new GE which everyone has lost faith in.

I’ve got a few already but I’ve been very tempted by your memorial sovs on sale. 

I think the coronation will go the same way as the memorial. Slow burner, long term hold. 

Aaaahhh😉

8 hours ago, Paul said:

There'll be an abundance of these graded available, in the next six to twelve +  months plus. Treat this as the market high we'll see I'm afraid 😔

I think we've got a barren landscape ahead with these personally and a good few other releases personally 

They'll be loved in a decades time. Far too much low hanging fruit/offerings available. Too many much product, simple as that with waning demands 

Buying at release, isn't looking good

Buy the underpriced unloved when everyone is following the next "shiny shiny"  thing 

I do want a memorial 5 Sov. Currently hunting. I knocked the idea of buying a raw set on the head. Same will be for thr coronation 

Aaaahhh😉

16 hours ago, Paul said:

I wonder how these proof Coronation sovereigns got through the grading process so quickly?  I am still waiting for my SOTD which was released and sent for grading in May.

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

I wonder how these proof Coronation sovereigns got through the grading process so quickly?  I am still waiting for my SOTD which was released and sent for grading in May

Isn't there a super dooper mega fast tier you can pay for ? Probs what this guy has done to get it done fast