• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation King Charles III and Queen Camilla Gold Sovereign

Midasfrog

who missed it on 24-04 should try to secure 1 asap in my opinion. As said already my idea is that there wont be so many available on secondary market on regular basis. 1200 is a very limited number indeed, if you balance the number of collectionists worldwide and the importance of the event. Most of those 1200 will just rest within collections.

3 minutes ago, refero said:

who missed it on 24-04 should try to secure 1 asap in my opinion. As said already my idea is that there wont be so many available on secondary market on regular basis. 1200 is a very limited number indeed, if you balance the number of collectionists worldwide and the importance of the event. Most of those 1200 will just rest within collections.

Were there any coins struck on the day of the last coronation? Just wondering if there is any precedence to it all.

Hi looking for advice. I am fairly new to collecting. I manage to get a SOTD and other item. Both are confirmed pending on website and payment was pending on account.

I checked account today and the pending payment has gone.

is this normal. Will they just take payment  again once item is being posted out when available.

25 minutes ago, Makey1976 said:

Hi looking for advice. I am fairly new to collecting. I manage to get a SOTD and other item. Both are confirmed pending on website and payment was pending on account.

I checked account today and the pending payment has gone.

is this normal. Will they just take payment  again once item is being posted out when available.

The magical mystery tour of The Royal Mint. 
My experience is that they always take the money straight away and on your transactions/ Open orders always show up as pending/in progress. The delivery is, at best, erratic and is pot luck. I’m waiting, among others for stock Proof from March(Charles I 2oz).

They are sitting on my money. If it wasn’t TRM, you’d never trust them.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

So I take it have the now dropped the 'payment up front' where payment is immediate, even though it may be weeks/months before dispatch 

Payment always up front for me.

Took the £2770 for the 1oz Coronation Gold with delivery in July. Didn’t say what year though.😁

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Were there any coins struck on the day of the last coronation? Just wondering if there is any precedence to it all.

No. No gold coins were issued for the coronation of the late Queen, as the country was under ration. There were specimen pieces made, and you'll need 7 digits to look at any piece on the market.

But there really isn't much precedence to follow. For example, £5 sovereigns were only issued on large occasions. prior to 1980 there were only 10 years when £5 sovereigns were made, including the famous Una & Lion. Back in the days proof coins weren't so common and there was no need for coins to be struck on the day to be distinguished.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

The Royal Mint at Tower Hill was probably too busy minting the worlds coinage to concern its self with the needs of collectors in 1953, apart from a standard proof year set.  Imagine what it would have been like, if possible? - You would need Postal orders to the value of £5 or so, and then sent by registered post etc. Mind you, no queue, no internet, no forums - sounds great to me!😀

Nearest gold sovereign in reality a 1957 Gillick.......

4 minutes ago, refero said:

OMG i cant wait..

what time are they going to strike my sov tomorrow?? 🤭

Tomorrow morning at 6:66.  Unfortunately, your Sovereign will have a curse over it.  However, fret not!!  The RM said that they will remove the curse if you promise to spend a minimum of £5,000 in RM products by the end of the year.  The folks in RM sales are little devils, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, JeffM said:

The RM said that they will remove the curse if you promise to spend a minimum of £5,000 in RM products by the end of the year.

i m good, i want the proof coronation set... so curse removed for freeeeee

18 minutes ago, refero said:

i m good, i want the proof coronation set... so curse removed for freeeeee

Wanna be jealous?  I have been promised Anne Jessopp's sandwich wrapper and napkin from her lunch that she eats tomorrow (May 6).  It's her very special coronation lunch trash, and I'm getting it!  I am so blessed!!

11 minutes ago, Leo1 said:

Do you know where you could still get the sotd coronation sovereign? I thought it would be released tomorrow…

They all sold on preorder last week/week before. You’d be looking at secondary market now and they’re fetching over £1,500 on the likes of eBay 

4 hours ago, bluffer said:

so its a normal 23 sov except he wears the crown?

image.png.10a3a7a225a667dd32ff19ba95f49a58.png

That looks to be the matte SOTD, I expect the proof soveriegn issues will be the same design but shiny 

Edited by harrygill111

3 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

That looks to be the matte SOTD, I expect the proof soveriegn issues will be the same but shiny 

thinks its a normal coronation sov, that photo is from the link above https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/charles-iii/coronation/ryi-sovereign/

but since its RM. it could well be a special matte bullion proof

1 hour ago, JamesH said:

They all sold on preorder last week/week before. You’d be looking at secondary market now and they’re fetching over £1,500 on the likes of eBay 

Shameless promotion but I’ve got one up for sale in the Uk section at £1400 delivered which I think is fair going on recent sales that have actually sold on eBay 😊

20 minutes ago, bluffer said:

thinks its a normal coronation sov, that photo is from the link above https://www.royalmint.com/shop/monarch/charles-iii/coronation/ryi-sovereign/

but since its RM. it could well be a special matte bullion proof

+ edge variations 

Edited by harrygill111