• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Vaseline photographer of the week

dicker

1 hour ago, dicker said:

I am not a good photographer.   I do my best when posting on TSF, but I know it’s not great.

But then….on ebay, so find sellers who apparently (possibly between other activities) rub their lens with Vaseline before taking photographs.

Today I present this Vaseline champion and the week.

I invite other entries, and think the forum should judge the “best”.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403960680592?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mpuzicxprcm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Dicker

I think you're being unfair. Look how sharp the reading of 8.0g is on the scale. Very clear and striking example of a scale display. 

2 hours ago, dicker said:

I am not a good photographer.   I do my best when posting on TSF, but I know it’s not great.

But then….on ebay, so find sellers who apparently (possibly between other activities) rub their lens with Vaseline before taking photographs.

Today I present this Vaseline champion and the week.

I invite other entries, and think the forum should judge the “best”.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403960680592?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=mpuzicxprcm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Dicker

Obviously believes in quantity (12) over quality (0)

Wedding photographers charge extra for "moody" soft focus shots, and you can even buy special soft-focus lenses.

😎

Chards

2 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

@dicker well spotted. The description is just as atrocious as the photos.

‘there sovereign has some wh.ere’ over the rainbow?

Also good spotting. Might as well quote it in full:

"1872 Shield Back Gold Sovereign ,No Die Number.   there sovereign has some wh.ere  on the lower part of the  date numbers., what i aquired it it was in a broch and i think it probably spent alot of time in the broch. there is a die run mark under the queens neck. "

Perhaps it was a bun head which had been in the brioche. Must be worth a load of dough.
😎

Chards

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

Todays Vaseline Photographer of the week.

- The coin is tiny in comparison to the rest of the scene

- Vaseline on the lens

- Coin appears to have been photographed in a dogs bed

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403975132453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=gi1dOD-BS3i&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

3F4F98B5-598E-4BB8-9DAB-9FA36C1C99A2.png

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

In fairness, trying to photograph a 1/20th is like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. 

@Gruff told me this!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, Solachesis said:

Phone through a telescope?! What sorcery is this? Nah it was just taken on my phone, it has a good camera

My phone has an excellent camera too.

My pictures look like I used a Polaroid jobber from 1985 though 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's actually impressive, did you use the "phone through a telescope" trick?

I think you should be able to get that through just the ordinary lens on a smartphone camera.  This is the sort of resolution that a macro lens for a phone will do (keep clicking).

image.thumb.jpeg.76fc29ef6b0f06d6d3b1d652cc8db7e3.jpeg

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

Just now, Silverlocks said:

I think you should be able to get that through just the ordinary lens on a smartphone camera.  This is the sort of resolution that a macro lens for a phone will do (keep clicking).

image.thumb.jpeg.76fc29ef6b0f06d6d3b1d652cc8db7e3.jpeg

So detailed that you can see all the hairs on the back of Lizzie's neck! 😁

On 28/11/2022 at 23:47, Simonz said:

Here's a good effort from our local NZ equivalent to fleabay, called 'Trade Me'

I have actually bought other coins from this seller, after requesting better pics!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketplace/antiques-collectables/coins/united-kingdom/listing/3884382501

IMG_3920 copy.jpg

Reminds me of the photos of filthy things you find on Facebook marketplace. Like who looks at a picture like this and thinks "yes, I'm sure this will sell it"