• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Bullion

• 2 weeks later...

Morning everyone, 

Just a very quick general question re the Memorial Sovs. Obviously these aren't the standard 2023 Sovs, so I was just wondering whether anyone knew what sort of time frame these will be available for? Is it a rush job, get them while you can thing, or will they be available a while, even potentially overlapping the standard '23s when they are released?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I've not seen this info and currently being bombarded by dealers e mails pre-selling the above.

Thanks in advance👍

1 minute ago, FFposh said:

Morning everyone, 

Just a very quick general question re the Memorial Sovs. Obviously these aren't the standard 2023 Sovs, so I was just wondering whether anyone knew what sort of time frame these will be available for? Is it a rush job, get them while you can thing, or will they be available a while, even potentially overlapping the standard '23s when they are released?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, I've not seen this info and currently being bombarded by dealers e mails pre-selling the above.

Thanks in advance👍

Word on the street is they will be available from 07/Feb up until the King's Coronation (08/May). After that we'll get another Sov.

Buy high. Sell low.

1 hour ago, ak74 said:

auragentum has the same price as RM

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (22).png

Yes, but RM has quite high premiums on BU/bullion sovs already. In my observations over the past years, retail prices in Germany were markedly lower than RM, not to mention hassles with Customs. The latter seems to alleviate over time but I won't go through all of this for naked bullion sovs. The blister cards are a different matter as they are almost exclusively available at RM, unfortunately.

Edited by xthomasx

Steering the topic away from Sovereigns for a moment, I'm surprised the mint website still doesn't have the Rolling Stones bullion coin on it yet.

The 1oz silver is a limited edition of 25,000 and it's been available here for about a week: https://www.silvertrader.uk/product/2022-the-rolling-stones-music-legends-1-oz-silver-bullion-coin/

image.png.39f29e502047cb400ee5ac37361f91bf.png

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The Royal Mint confirms that there will a 2023 bullion sovereign range too:

This Sovereign is dated 2022 as it was struck to memorialise the passing of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. A further Sovereign bullion coin range will launch in 2023.

waiting-cookie-monster.gif

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Remember before the tudor beasts when we thought THIS looked weird? The new party goat makes this look like something you'd see in a petting zoo, the tudor beast one looks like something you'd see at 3am after a couple of mitsubishis.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2023 at 09:38, paulmerton said:

The bullion versions of the Merlin coins are launching on Tuesday

image.png.f4a7bd7aeed7aeeae53fe90c6e7cf911.png

Do you know how many are going to be in this set? (Just the king arthur ones)

I had heard 3 with this one being the second, is that right?

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

I could be wrong, but I don't remember seeing this before:

1oz platinum KCIII Britannia in a blister pack: https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/platinum-coins/britannia-2023-1-oz-platinum-bullion-coin-in-blister/

image.thumb.png.efe85cebddb3d69bbe10570fb52d812b.png

does it really cost them £50 for a bit of plastic and cardboard?

image.png.160928172877c6492b535626b4edb8a6.png

19 minutes ago, bluffer said:

does it really cost them £50 for a bit of plastic and cardboard?

image.png.160928172877c6492b535626b4edb8a6.png

Just curious so took a look.
Prices for unit qty £994.61 and £936.05
PLUS 20% VAT

(a) getting expensive but not necessarily if Pt is likely to continue to rise in spot.

(b) cost of laminating does seem outrageous but then this is no different to a plastic wood effect box and a piece of cardboard inside that would cost a lot more.
Why not add a premium on packaging when you find buyers all too ready to pay these prices ?
Market forces !!