• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Bullion

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Petra said:

That looks awful!

My first impression was the same, but actually quite often the RM images are worse than the item in the flesh, so I will definitely buy 1oz silver and maybe 10oz.

Probably not in gold, although images look quite nice ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.d898feebac74bfe860fdc011a577e8ef.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.11a010e6e85fce2c315532a15b910be6.jpeg

Edited by ak74

Press release here adds some extra info on the rest of the range: https://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/press-centre/the-royal-mint-launches-first-bullion-coins-from-the-2024-britannia-bullion-range/

• The 1kg, quarter ounce and tenth-ounce silver Britannia bullion coins and the one-ounce platinum edition of the 2024 Britannia bullion coin will be available in late 2023.
  • The tenth-ounce platinum Britannia bullion coin will be available in early 2024.

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:
  • The 1kg, quarter ounce and tenth-ounce silver Britannia bullion coins and the one-ounce platinum edition of the 2024 Britannia bullion coin will be available in late 2023.

1/10oz silver 😅 I dread to think what the premium will be on that coin.

On 19/09/2023 at 08:46, paulmerton said:

The 2024 Britannia range is currently being added to the RM website, e.g. https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/britannia-2024-1-oz-gold-bullion-coin-in-blister/

Will people really care of the blister pack?

at £100 over spot (which is around +6.5% premium), I wonder.

A dealer will not care at all and buy back at 2.5 or 3% under.

Maybe on the forum, or p2p people value more having such coin in the pack? Curious and makes me wonder if it’s worth paying so much for the packaging vs buying the same coin just in a capsule with a much smaller premium. 

2 hours ago, Napo said:

Curious and makes me wonder if it’s worth paying so much for the packaging vs buying the same coin just in a capsule with a much smaller premium. 

The price difference between Britannia 2024 in a capsule and in a blister is 1 quid.

image.thumb.png.ddc560febd1f767dc5afcba1d16f6149.png

image.thumb.png.34b89eb690373e9cb51c9ed02a443404.png

53 minutes ago, paulmerton said:
9 hours ago, ak74 said:

I presume they meant compared to the cost of buying it in a capsule from elsewhere.

Yes I meant compared to a dealer that offer cheaper price compared to the Royal Mint.

13 hours ago, paulmerton said:

1 gram and 5 gram gold Christmas tree bullion bars coming soon!

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/by-occasion/christmas/christmas-bullion-bar-register-your-interest/ 

1g and 5g I'm sure those are for kids anticipating Christmas gifts

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.