• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Bullion

I think this is new in terms of its pricing structure: https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-bars/gold-bars/britannia-1g-minted-gold-bar/ 

image.png.17b917187e9fe5f297d24111712997a7.png

Rather than being a fixed price of £79.99 like the 1g gold bars usually are, this one is now following the bullion pricing model and is currently several quid cheaper. Still quite expensive for 1g though.

On 06/09/2022 at 22:44, paulmerton said:

The King Arthur 1oz gold and silver bullion is being launched next week. This will be the first in another three coin collection.

I wonder if this will be happening now.

On 06/09/2022 at 23:44, paulmerton said:

The King Arthur 1oz gold and silver bullion is being launched next week. This will be the first in another three coin collection.

Will it be a separate series? I was under the impression, that it will be another coin in the Myth and Legends series (Robin Hood / Maid Marian / Little John). 

13 minutes ago, LunarStack said:

Will it be a separate series? I was under the impression, that it will be another coin in the Myth and Legends series (Robin Hood / Maid Marian / Little John). 

Yes and no. It's a new set of 3 coins like the robin hood ones, but they all fall under the myths and legends.

• 4 weeks later...

Just launched - 2023 Britannias with an exciting twist!

Each Britannia 2023 bullion coin featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring King Charles III’s first effigy will be released in the new year. 

There's even silver tenths and a kilo silver bullion one available:

image.thumb.png.76bff8d715ddaa7381529d5994c2c1df.png

I still think that putting QEII on 2023 coins minted after her death is a little bit disrespectful.

Although these coins are interesting, I just don't want them.

Good luck to those who do, but I'll wait for the KCIII coins with regard to my own collection/stack.

Just now, Stuntman said:

I still think that putting QEII on 2023 coins minted after her death is a little bit disrespectful.

Although these coins are interesting, I just don't want them.

Good luck to those who do, but I'll wait for the KCIII coins with regard to my own collection/stack.

They had probably already made a load of them.

I think it would be nice to get the pair, as that would certainly be unusual. Are there any other coins with the same year and reverse that are going to have both obverses as an option?

I agree that they had probably made a load of them, and the two 2023 coins would make a nice pair.

I can't think of any coins with the same year and reverse, but with different obverses.  The 1820 half crowns had different reverses, I'm not sure about anything earlier than that.

But the difficulty I have with these coins is the fact that the Queen died in 2022 and therefore in my opinion she shouldn't be on the obverse of coins dated 2023.  Or certainly on as few coins as practically possible.  I would have melted these 2023 coins down after her death and remade them as KCIII coins.

Just thought of 1937 sovereigns - same year, same reverse, different obverse (Edward VIII and George VI).  But these Edward VIII coins were made before he abdicated (not died) and also they weren't offered for sale to the public/released into general circulation - and as such, are vanishingly rare and excessively expensive.

So these 2023 Britannia coins will be numismatically interesting, no doubt.  My resolve might weaken.