• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Royal Mint Bullion

4 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Nonetheless it serves as concrete confirmation that the design will be as most of us expected.

🤔true, however, I tend to think, what turns up turns up, not like we have any say in the matter🤔

Imo the 2022 Memorial gold sovereigns with the QE II could be coins that hold a good premium and in demand in the future.

Knowing the popularity of QEII coins, and it was her last year of reign + the coin has a unique design, I would not be surprise in the future to see a large demand.

However, there might have been a huge mintage of these, which would make it fairly easy to find still 15 years down the road.

Interested in opinions.

I think any of the 2022 and 2023 Sovs will hold up very well. All have unique, desirable points to the coin and the design.

The 2022 Jubilee coin had a fairly normal mintage period - nearly 12 months. The 2022 Memorial and 2023 Coronation Sov's were limited periods however - about 6 months each. So they will have smaller numbers than the Jubilee, but I'd be happy to own any of the three.

I’d say different. Especially the memorial.. yes limited period but the presses ran and ran. Just my guess through. Every got how special the jubilee was.. but on the death things went into overdrive. NGC/PCGS numbers will give a good idea. 

No idea why you’d have to register interest on May bullion sov though. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

2 hours ago, Napo said:

Imo the 2022 Memorial gold sovereigns with the QE II could be coins that hold a good premium and in demand in the future.

Knowing the popularity of QEII coins, and it was her last year of reign + the coin has a unique design, I would not be surprise in the future to see a large demand.

However, there might have been a huge mintage of these, which would make it fairly easy to find still 15 years down the road.

Interested in opinions.

A 2022 memorial sovereign with QEII on it would indeed be worth a fortune. They should all have KCIII on the obverse.

59 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

A 2022 memorial sovereign with QEII on it would indeed be worth a fortune. They should all have KCIII on the obverse.

Am I mistaking? Aren’t these 2022 memorial gold sovereign from Elisabeth II?

The KC III sovereign has more designs in the fields compared to Elizabeth II. But the main design is the same (lion and unicorn).

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/the-sovereign-2022-gold-bullion-coin/

Edited by Napo

Just now, Napo said:

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/the-sovereign-2022-gold-bullion-coin/

Yes, that's the platinum jubilee sovereign. The memorial ones had an even more intricate design, also dated 2022 but with KCIII on the obverse.

12 minutes ago, Napo said:

Easy to mistake with so many releases. Best way to remember is ..jubilee obviously HMQE was still alive and monarch on the obverse … memorial is in memorial after her death, late 2022 and so has Charles (as yet un crowned) on the obverse. Design is similar subject in the jubilee but much more intricate and life like(below).

2023/coronation has the crowned portrait of Charles to commemorate the coronation and standard StG&D on reverse.. after this we return to the uncrowned portrait as first seen on the memorial sovereign as is traditional for male monarchs in British coins. 

IMG_2712.jpeg

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

10 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Yes, that's the platinum jubilee sovereign. The memorial ones had an even more intricate design, also dated 2022 but with KCIII on the obverse.

I am mixing up the names since all the new introduction of these KC III coins with new designs (Coronation one, sovereign, the one with the Cypher, the Brits with the crowned monarch, without, etc…)

1 minute ago, Napo said:

I am mixing up the names since all the new introduction of these KC III coins with new designs (Coronation one, sovereign, the one with the Cypher, the Brits with the crowned monarch, without, etc…)

Crowned Charles is unlikely to be seen again imho. Not impossible it won’t be brought (dragged) back out for a special occasion, but I don’t know what that occasion could be in the next 10 years or so. First surely would be a silver jubilee 🤷‍♂️

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Crowned Charles is unlikely to be seen again imho. Not impossible it won’t be brought (dragged) back out for a special occasion, but I don’t know what that occasion could be in the next 10 years or so. First surely would be a silver jubilee 🤷‍♂️

I thought they said that the crowned head would be for special royal occasions and as you say it's difficult to see what they might be in the next 10 years, apart from maybe the 80th birthday in 2028.  However I'm sure RM will find something 'significant'.

12 minutes ago, Olivard said:

I thought they said that the crowned head would be for special royal occasions and as you say it's difficult to see what they might be in the next 10 years, apart from maybe the 80th birthday in 2028.  However I'm sure RM will find something 'significant'.

True. I do hope they will treat the crowned head as a really special thing. RM prob have a differnt view of what ‘really special’ means. 😢

80th could be a reason, given the kings age. 

Aaaahhh😉

10 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

True. I do hope they will treat the crowned head as a really special thing. RM prob have a differnt view of what ‘really special’ means. 😢

80th could be a reason, given the kings age. 

They really ought to do a laureate portrait...

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

All available on the RM site now. Back to the classic design most of us were expecting. Which is good I think? But who will want to buy any of these "normal" 2024 sovereigns after the past couple of years?! 🤣

image.thumb.png.45be9346d5441130cabc2f354be56406.png

I shall probably get one at some point in the year - rather than the proof one which came out last year.

• 4 weeks later...