• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

And this Binlord…

£900,000 postage for some home brew dissolved metals….

6375C9CD-AE0B-47E2-B70B-FD3D77F3EAB0.jpeg

There has to be a couple of scams going on here (more than just the obvious)? Surely they don’t think people are so stupid🤔

3 hours ago, Petra said:

There has to be a couple of scams going on here (more than just the obvious)? Surely they don’t think people are so stupid🤔

I think this sort of stuff is mainly money laundering or covering trade in illicit substances.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

12 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

"please don’t arks me the exact grade of enny peace in the job lot but is gold with silver and other metal nice lot with gold going up the 125 pound a gram soon this will be a good investment"

Just don't ARKS, right!    😂🙄

and "125 pound a gram" eh.   whew...  Guess I'll be buying that castle in the highlands soon after all....

No arks?

Can hardly raid it then :(

Todays Binlord is either being fraudulent or is just clueless.

- Half Sov advertised as a Sov

- Invalid year and mint combination for a Half Sov

- Listed in category “Penny”

- Described as “one of the finest Victorian Shield sovereigns we have seen. Proof like with mirrored fields and basically as it was the day it was struck - stunning example

What an utter Binlord.

I have emailed him and told him what’s wrong with his listing.  I don’t often get a reply…..but will post here if I do!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304753409960?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BwJB_geRSgC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

95910683-90A8-488C-B41B-4A03C982D901.jpeg

5603FED2-F844-40B1-9635-5AB845E2AECF.png

Not my circus, not my monkeys

9 minutes ago, dicker said:

Todays Binlord is either being fraudulent or is just clueless.

- Half Sov advertised as a Sov

- Invalid year and mint combination for a Half Sov

- Listed in category “Penny”

- Described as “one of the finest Victorian Shield sovereigns we have seen. Proof like with mirrored fields and basically as it was the day it was struck - stunning example

What an utter Binlord.

I have emailed him and told him what’s wrong with his listing.  I don’t often get a reply…..but will post here if I do!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304753409960?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=BwJB_geRSgC&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

95910683-90A8-488C-B41B-4A03C982D901.jpeg

5603FED2-F844-40B1-9635-5AB845E2AECF.png

I am sorry,@dicker. I am trying to understand what it is wrong and why you are thinking he is selling only a half, not a full sovereign.

But he said it is weight 7.98g and 22.05mm diameter and is describing the coin only as sovereign or full sovereign. 

1878 Shield Sydney sovereigns were minted over one million.

I am not contesting your huge expertise, experience and knowledge about sovereigns, just I don't understand what it is wrong.

Just now, stefffana said:

I am sorry,@dicker. I am trying to understand what it is wrong and why you are thinking he is selling only a half, not a full sovereign.

But he said it is weight 7.98g and 22.05mm diameter and is describing the coin only as sovereign or full sovereign. 

1878 Shield Sydney sovereigns were minted over one million.

I am not contesting your huge expertise, experience and knowledge about sovereigns, just I don't understand what it is wrong.

The photos are not a full Sovereign but a half Sovereign.  He has nicked someone else’s description and interpreted a die number 5 / 6 or 8 as an S.

3 minutes ago, dicker said:

The photos are not a full Sovereign but a half Sovereign.  He has nicked someone else’s description and interpreted a die number 5 / 6 or 8 as an S.

Thank you!

It is clear now for me.😊

On top of the fact that the coin looks incredibly dodgy, I was under the impression there was no quarter sovereigns until 2009.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155336110526?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=P1JZ_MhISny&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=z1wqlu01szc&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

12 hours ago, Solachesis said:

On top of the fact that the coin looks incredibly dodgy, I was under the impression there was no quarter sovereigns until 2009.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155336110526?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=P1JZ_MhISny&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=z1wqlu01szc&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Auction house as well….

18 minutes ago, codenamedtango said:

Am I missing something, is this somehow a special 1g bar?

1043 sold? At that price?

217F0DD1-3189-4ECD-B1D9-87450A3A10C7.thumb.png.bdd1cf3bb38184f7123e187118387e2c.png

Its a tactic to keep the listing from ending whilst the seller replenishes stock

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

13 hours ago, Solachesis said:

Had to report it and send them a message. I hope they respond lol. I hate this sort of thing, especially from what is tryingbto appear as a legitimate auction house. 

Screenshot_20230101_140719_eBay.jpg

7 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285078910548

🌟 🌟 🌟 5 Coin Full Gold Sovereign collection. RRP: £4250 🌟🌟🌟
"
This bundle is valued at over £3000. (This would be more if purchased individually)"
Asking a mere £2795 buy it now.... 
Am I missing something ? 

🌟 🌟 🌟  5 Coin Full Gold Sovereign collection. RRP: £4250 🌟🌟🌟 - Picture 1 of 12

I'm no sovereign expert, there might be one or two key dates in there to push up the price a bit but I'm not sure and I would've thought it's still too much even if there were. 

4 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Had to report it and send them a message. I hope they respond lol. I hate this sort of thing, especially from what is tryingbto appear as a legitimate auction house. 

Screenshot_20230101_140719_eBay.jpg

Good man, I sent them a message last night of a similar tone, checked the listing this morning to see it was still up, and then reported it 

Just now, Solachesis said:

Good man, I sent them a message last night of a similar tone, checked the listing this morning to see it was still up, and then reported it 

The more they're made aware that it's been spotted and reported the more likely they might take it down. Its only at £6 at the moment but you only need a couple of gullible people to bid each other up and get stuck with a dud

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

The more they're made aware that it's been spotted and reported the more likely they might take it down. Its only at £6 at the moment but you only need a couple of gullible people to bid each other up and get stuck with a dud

Yeah, it just pisses me off. They have like 20,000 feedback. Some people would probably trust them on that alone. Simply searching "1911 quarter sovereign" in Google will bring up 0 results because it doesn't exist. 

The details are bad, the date is wonky. I find it hard to believe they genuinely thought "yes we are sure this is genuine, let's list it"