• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Stacking goals?

On 14/12/2021 at 16:59, modofantasma said:

Personally I'm aiming to overtake Belgium 

Failing that

.. A I'll focus on stacking bullion sovs unless I spot a particularly great deal on other coins for gold. Silver again I'll pick up some of the bargains but ideally bullion coins or old British coinage 

B tidy up the stack a bit sell a few items that don't fit so well anymore and repeat step A

19123.jpeg

When we see Northern Ireland's official gold holdings published,

we will know what @James32is really sat on in his hoover ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

By close of play 2022: 50g gold, 60 oz silver, £4000 index funds.  Maybe some coins, most likely sovereigns.

For Q1-2 2023: 50g gold, £6000 index funds, maybe take silver stack up to 100oz or so.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

6 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

By close of play 2022: 50g gold, 60 oz silver, £4000 index funds.  Maybe some coins, most likely sovereigns.

For Q1-2 2023: 50g gold, £6000 index funds, maybe take silver stack up to 100oz or so.

Nice ambitious  goals. What I like to see.

57 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I never tend to think about my gold in grams because I have the sovereigns and they are not pure. Just a hassle 

Hold over from Indonesia (my better half is from there) - most private PM trading is in gold bars and done in grams.  Ounces aren't really a thing in most of Asia - China even went away from troy ounces for pandas and now they're 30g.  From what I can see, coins aren't really used for stacking much there with the main medium being gold bars in the 1g-25g range.  Silver doesn't seem to be that popular either.  

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

1 hour ago, Silverlocks said:

Hold over from Indonesia (my better half is from there) - most private PM trading is in gold bars and done in grams.  Ounces aren't really a thing in most of Asia - China even went away from troy ounces for pandas and now they're 30g.  From what I can see, coins aren't really used for stacking much there with the main medium being gold bars in the 1g-25g range.  Silver doesn't seem to be that popular either.  

I guess if your country doesn't have a government mint that makes sense.

Is there a preference for any particular brand of bar in Asia, is it all packaged PAMP Suisse?

5 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

I guess if your country doesn't have a government mint that makes sense.

Is there a preference for any particular brand of bar in Asia, is it all packaged PAMP Suisse?

I have seen some Indonesian gold coins (try searching for koin emas on tokopedia) but it doesn't really seem to be a big deal there.  Not sure whether they mint them in house or get it done by a third party.

This outfit (PT Antam)[1] is an Indonesian state owned enterprise that deals in gold and mints gold bars, although I think they are mainly a mining company.  Most gold traded on Tokpedia in Indonesia seems to be domestically produced stuff from Antam[2], although you do see overseas stuff from outfits like PAMP or Valcambi.  At the moment gold sales in Indonesia also attract VAT at 11%.  I don't know for sure what gets traded in other parts of Asia, but as I understand bars tend to be more popular.

Due to the relatively small purchasing power of average Indonesian punters, really small fractional stuff in the 1-5g range is quite popular.  You can see loads of it on Tokopedia, which is a local site that does much the same sort of thing as Ebay.

I will likely be visiting the gold market in Cikini[3] (Jakarta) when I go there next week, and maybe I'll write something about it.  IIRC they don't like photos but we'll see.

Edit: I just checked and PT Antam is on the LBMA good delivery list.

[1] https://antam.com/en/precious-metal-price

[2] https://www.logammulia.com/index.php/en/purchase/gold#

[3] https://cikinigoldcenter.com/

Edited by Silverlocks

On 13/12/2021 at 19:13, James32 said:

Tudor beasts and some bullion sovs and sell some stuff ,because the RM boxes of this year are taking up an awful lot of space 😁

Guy who wrote this was an imposter/moron!

Tudor Beasts went out the window but I did sell all my proofs thankfully. 

Now have 8 out of 10 queens beasts 1/4ozs

7 out of ten 1/4 oz coins from around the world 

17 out of 25 2022 sovereigns 

And have added a few 1oz au coins because I still prefer the size.

Have reduced 1200 ozs of silver to approximately 780ish ozs.

With my attention span,I will probably sell the lot and join the copper forum 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

What an effort mate. I'm out of gas with this one sovereign to go. Once I get that I might even try build up some silver :o

2 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

What an effort mate. I'm out of gas with this one sovereign to go. Once I get that I might even try build up some silver :o

Yeah it's funny how plans change 😅 but as long as we have something then it's all a win in my book.

2 hours ago, James32 said:

Nice effort. Still a couple months to go to get to where you want to be. I never really had a plan for this year and my mind changed a few times but I've almost met my basic goal. I just need a half 2022 sovereign to get there. I'm going to try to get ahold of a Tudor lion and Tudor Yale to round out this year with gold and try to get the silver equivalent in all my tenths providing I can sort out the Krugerrand issue I have. Next year I might start the 1/10th zoo I've been thinking about and probably go for their silver equivalents as well. Obviously I'll still want the 2.5 sovereign's next year as well and to carry on with the Tudor beasts as they are released. Tall order for me but hopefully I can get there. 

6 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Nice effort. Still a couple months to go to get to where you want to be. I never really had a plan for this year and my mind changed a few times but I've almost met my basic goal. I just need a half 2022 sovereign to get there. I'm going to try to get ahold of a Tudor lion and Tudor Yale to round out this year with gold and try to get the silver equivalent in all my tenths providing I can sort out the Krugerrand issue I have. Next year I might start the 1/10th zoo I've been thinking about and probably go for their silver equivalents as well. Obviously I'll still want the 2.5 sovereign's next year as well and to carry on with the Tudor beasts as they are released. Tall order for me but hopefully I can get 

Tudor beast 1/4s are on my radar too,was hoping for sub £400 on the lion but increasingly unlikely now. The half 22s seems a hard one to get,haven't seen many if any on here yet?

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Tudor beast 1/4s are on my radar too,was hoping for sub £400 on the lion but increasingly unlikely now. The half 22s seems a hard one to get,haven't seen many if any on here yet?

I've seen none on here at all. I nearly pulled the trigger on a lion and a half sovereign when the price dipped to £1406. Stupid me waited for it to get to £1400 before pressing the buy button on Atkinson's website. It was hovering there for 2mins before I got stubborn and then missed my chance. The price just went straight back up 🤦🤣

I think at the time it was something like £580 for the pair. 

2 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I've seen none on here at all. I nearly pulled the trigger on a lion and a half sovereign when the price dipped to £1406. Stupid me waited for it to get to £1400 before pressing the buy button on Atkinson's website. It was hovering there for 2mins before I got stubborn and then missed my chance. The price just went straight back up 🤦🤣

I think at the time it was something like £580 for the pair. 

Yeah I've been there a few times😂😂

• 1 month later...

My target was a 2oz silver Una and the Lion in grade 70, But have not seen one in my price range yet.

So I went all in and brought the Great Engravers Gothic Crowns 2oz silvers up to 1 kilo silver, and 2oz and 5oz gold.

Update sold the 5oz silver and 1kilo for a profit so good profit to spend on my una.

Keep the 2x 2oz golds but selling the 5oz golds, to spend on the next Great Engravers.

I’ve got 13 full Sovereigns and 13 1/4 oz gold Brits I’d like to make it an even 20 of each. Just a small goal as I’m a stacker not a collector.