• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone using Safe Deposit Box at Sharps Pixley in London?

adamantio999

Good evening.
Is anyone using Safe Deposit Boxes at Sharps Pixley in London?
7 ounces of gold and 80 ounces of silver might not be a huge amount of PMs, but I start feeling uneasy keeping them at home.
I was considering the small safe deposit box at Sharps Pixely.
My only doubt is that I could only access my assets 40 hourt per week (monday to friday from 9 am to 5 pm).

24 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

Buy a safe. Keep at home. Trust no one. Invest in a defensive dog and a clay pigeon shooting shotgun. That’s my strategy. Not that I own any pm personally, I used to, until I lost it on a mad, drunken boating accident. Now I own not a thing.

Except a safe, a shotgun and an alsatian!

17 hours ago, adamantio999 said:

Do you own your own house?

Are you, or is someone at home every day?

If no no, a safety deposit box will be a good idea.

Edited by KevinFlynn

Honestly the chances of something terrible going down with a big bank or a reputed private company is extremely low.

A safe deposit box gives you peace of mind when you’re away from home. You don’t need to be away on vacation for your home to be burgled. You could be out for a few hours buying groceries and return home to a heartbreak.

As smart as you are, thieves are smarter than you. A small metal detector and a power saw or drill are all that are needed. Your neighbours will think there’s some work going on at your place, if they ever bother to notice. 

I’d opt for a safe deposit box any day.

Edited by westminstrel

44 minutes ago, chrisdobb said:

Why would joe blogs house robber turn up with metal detector and power saw if you had told no one what you may or may not have stashed in your house?

It depends how unlucky you are I guess;

example 1

crack head John Doe looking for a quick buck. Not a bad type of robber as he would attempt to get the quick items

example 2

opportunist James Dee, again not a bad option as he would unlikely go looking

example 3

systematic robber billy joe, this fella likely has tools. Has canvased the area and comes with a plan. Whether this dk head can get in your safe depends on your safe.

example 4

The pro Brad pit. This guy knows you have a safe from tracing you on Facebook. He is prepped and knows your schedule. With this fella you’re fcuked basically.

1 hour ago, chrisdobb said:

If, for what ever reason, they want to get in, you will NOT keep them out.

Yep, and this is where the attack dog and display only weapons (only to be grabbed in cases of self defence) come in nicely. Hypothetically of course. For those who actually have anything of value 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TommyTwoShots

Just now, dicker said:

Safety deposit box every time.  No question about it.

I keep nothing at home.

one thing ive learned all you fookers in TSF have far too much PMs than me!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

36 minutes ago, dicker said:

Safety deposit box every time.  No question about it.

I keep nothing at home.

Yep your posh! Im different but a street fighting man who cant afford it. We are all different stages in our life!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

What? You can't afford to keep nothing at home?😎

Lost everything in a boating accident!

5 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Not the Douro? 😎

Robert Maxwell was my skipper nuff said!

On 29/10/2021 at 19:29, adamantio999 said:

7 ounces of gold and 80 ounces of silver might not be a huge amount of PMs, but I start feeling uneasy keeping them at home.
My only doubt is that I could only access my assets 40 hourt per week (monday to friday from 9 am to 5 pm).

No, but then I do have access to not one, but two, bigger better ones at special rates.

It is worth being careful, and considering options.

Probably a very sensible choice. I don't know what they cost, but I feel sure their facilities will be good.

Not a terrible trade-off, unless you are totally paranoid.

A safe at home is also an option, but you would need a decent one, which is expensive, you would probably still need insurance, and at the worst you could be forced to open it under duress. You could have a timelock on it, but then you don't have 24/7 access.

Sharps security would be far better the Hatton Garden vault. 😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

2 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Nop, but then I do have access to not one, but two, bigger better ones at special rates.

It is worth being careful, and considering options.

Probably a very sensible choice. I don't knwo what they cost, but I feel sure their facilities will be good.

Not a terrible trade-off, unless you are totally paranoid.

A safe at home is also an option, but you would need a decent one, which is expensive, you would probably still need insurance, and at the worst you could be forced to open it under duress. You could have a timelock on it, but then you don't have 24/7 access.

Sharps security would be far better the Hatton Garden vault. 😎

There is almost certainly more to that robbery than might be immediately obvious.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys