• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Do you have a Pocket Piece?

Maybe it's time I revived the tradition. Maybe a Mercury dime or something.

I wish I still had those worn early 20th Century German 1 Reichsmark pieces I used to have, they would have been good.

When I sold off the half guinea and halfcrown I had, I did carry an awfully battered 1945 florin for a number of years, that's still around somewhere.

Edited by SidS

Yes I do i have holes in my pockets so I tend to be handily cocky playing ball billards!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, SidS said:

I've always used beat up coins for pocket pieces, I think it'd hurt inside to put a shiny in (even a bullion piece!)

😁

Was thinking that myself lol. I want a new old coin that has little damage so I can wreck it...probably explains why I don't have one. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I’m looking at it like a bit of an experiment, I’m going to carry it around with me for a couple of years to see how it holds up. Will keep it in this capsule but once that breaks I won’t replace it and just see how it gets on 

Just now, Mothballjim said:

I’m looking at it like a bit of an experiment, I’m going to carry it around with me for a couple of years to see how it holds up. Will keep it in this capsule but once that breaks I won’t replace it and just see how it gets on 

(The capsule already has a crack in it, so can’t see it lasting much longer 😂)

1 hour ago, James32 said:

Was thinking that myself lol. I want a new old coin that has little damage so I can wreck it...probably explains why I don't have one. 

I had a coin arrive from GS.be that was milk spotted beyond belief, so bad that i decided it couldn't get worse. It's actually got better looking with the tones that have come out. It's the only other fondling/desk piece, but it's not often in the pocket.

Shared it the other day, but will share again for the patina appreciation. 

IMG-9270.jpg

78av.gif

3 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I had a coin arrive from GS.be that was milk spotted beyond belief, so bad that i decided it couldn't get worse. It's actually got better looking with the tones that have come out. It's the only other fondling/desk piece, but it's not often in the pocket.

Shared it the other day, but will share again for the patina appreciation. 

IMG-9270.jpg

Cool as heck

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I had a pocket piece an 1888 Morgan was in decent condition as well. Liked the fill of it in hand. One day had it in my hand and I really don't know how it happened but it flew out of my hand and went straight down a drain 🙄 didn't bounce just straight down. Gone forever 😰😰😓😖

1 minute ago, Dan12345 said:

I had a pocket piece an 1888 Morgan was in decent condition as well. Liked the fill of it in hand. One day had it in my hand and I really don't know how it happened but it flew out of my hand and went straight down a drain 🙄 didn't bounce just straight down. Gone forever 😰😰😓😖

I feel your pain!

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2021 at 16:03, paulmerton said:

Look away! :D 

image.thumb.png.ebd8df9dd9f13d72da4795ef0d434493.png

Not chinese copy is it or was stevie wonder on shift at the mint when he struck that?

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454