• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

I think the younger collector who buys this sovereign will be able to turn a profit when they retire in a few years time 😁

So if you are in the early teens I would say go for it 😂

But for most coin collectors like my grandad shown below "Papa Bullion" it's not for him plus he never makes it to the front door in time for his SD post .

old-man-guy.gif

Edited by Midasfrog

So today is the final day that the memorial sovereigns will be available. I wonder if the remaining 1/4 sovereigns the Royal mint have available will sell out by the end of the day. It says they are ready to ship in 10 days. Hopefully that delivery estimate extends to all the other variants?

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

Anyone know how many 1/4s they have left available? It'll be interesting to see how those numbers change over the rest of the day. 

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quarter-Sovereign 2022 Gold Proof Coin
Limited Edition Presentation: 3000

Total Available: 365

--

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Five-Sovereign Piece 2022 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin - Matt Finish
Limited Edition Presentation: 1000

Total Available: 214

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

42 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Quarter-Sovereign 2022 Gold Proof Coin
Limited Edition Presentation: 3000

Total Available: 365

--

Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Five-Sovereign Piece 2022 Brilliant Uncirculated Coin - Matt Finish
Limited Edition Presentation: 1000

Total Available: 214

I'm surprised there's that many quintuples left. The 1/4 not so much. 

The trouble with the quintuple is that it's a fairly serious sum of money for most people - even those who really, really want to own the coin (like me) and it is priced considerably more than the Platinum Jubilee quintuple cost a few months previously.  So for people who occasionally buy quintuple sovereigns to collect (like me), it's been an expensive few months including nearly £3k of unexpected/unbudgeted expenditure on this coin.

I have decided to find the money and buy it, but I completely get why others in a similar position have passed on the coin.

I just hope it looks spectacular in the metal, next to its Platinum Jubilee sister.

2 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

The trouble with the quintuple is that it's a fairly serious sum of money for most people - even those who really, really want to own the coin (like me) and it is priced considerably more than the Platinum Jubilee quintuple cost a few months previously.  So for people who occasionally buy quintuple sovereigns to collect (like me), it's been an expensive few months including nearly £3k of unexpected/unbudgeted expenditure on this coin.

I have decided to find the money and buy it, but I completely get why others in a similar position have passed on the coin.

I just hope it looks spectacular in the metal, next to its Platinum Jubilee sister.

Agreed and I fully understand. Its huge money but it's worth it I you can do it I reckon. Especially if you have the jubilee matte. They'll make a heck of a set!

31 minutes ago, Stuntman said:

Agreed - especially seeing the product description shows "Shipping early March"; surely that must be a bug? 🤯

Two quarters sold in the past 5 hours, zero quintuples gone.

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 10.22.00 AM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

8 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

So today is the final day that the memorial sovereigns will be available. I wonder if the remaining 1/4 sovereigns the Royal mint have available will sell out by the end of the day. It says they are ready to ship in 10 days. Hopefully that delivery estimate extends to all the other variants?

Tried to see what delivery estimate the half displayed, but they're no longer available so it doesn't show :(  

10 minutes ago, Solachesis said:

Tried to see what delivery estimate the half displayed, but they're no longer available so it doesn't show :(  

They'll probably all come out sporadically and keep us on our toes lol. Im hoping for a January delivery though like the 1/4 suggests.  

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

Just trying to remain positive amongst all the negativity lol. 

You are right though, whilst I like joking about, these are shaping up to be a winner ( providing we get past quality issues) 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

6 minutes ago, ShineyMagpie said:

yeah will be interesting to see, has anyone had any contact about their memorial orders yet?

I'll be on the phone to them first thing on the 3rd. I was told the piedforts were being minted on the 23rd so hopefully mine is sat on a tray somewhere in the vault in perfect condition, best of the bunch and ready to be put into its box and brought to me on a royal carriage in the next couple weeks. 

4 hours ago, jultorsk said:

Agreed - especially seeing the product description shows "Shipping early March"; surely that must be a bug? 🤯

Two quarters sold in the past 5 hours, zero quintuples gone.

Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 10.22.00 AM.png

It kind of blows my mind that they're selling a matt finish coin for almost 3 grand and yet they have to advertise it with a picture of a proof coin and a written disclaimer. I presume this is because they haven't even gotten around to striking a single coin with the finish they are actually advertising. 

Edited by DeepSpace