• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

Apmex seems downright cheap compared to LPM... 🤪

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 12.59.28 pm.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I have decided to sell my 2oz the amount of stress its caused me plus I looked into the grading and I would need to use a 3rd party or upgrade  my ngc membership  and then its not the easiest of forms to navigate from my phone

I have it up for £2200  is this the right price or should it be less 🤔 

9 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I have decided to sell my 2oz the amount of stress its caused me plus I looked into the grading and I would need to use a 3rd party or upgrade  my ngc membership  and then its not the easiest of forms to navigate from my phone

I have it up for £2200  is this the right price or should it be less 🤔 

You have to do what is right for you!

I don’t know what a fair price is for this coin and until the graded ones start going through the auctions neither will anyone else. I don’t think we can too easily compare with Una as the mintage levels are different, but the Una does present a good starting point. 

Good luck with whatever you chose to do. It’s certainly not a bad headache to have.

Andrew you have been great with your help and to be fair you are right its always going to be worth a lot more than I paid

I think I am stressing myself out as got this going round my head together with house renovations and home schooling 2 kids on my own whilst working full time 

I am not on my own with these issues but think if it doesn't sell on here I will store for a while and rethink 

I just wondered if my price was off as I don't seem to get much interest in my sales posts- maybe too honest 😅 

Edited by MikeG1978

34 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Andrew you have been great with your help and to be fair you are right its always going to be worth a lot more than I paid

I think I am stressing myself out as got this going round my head together with house renovations and home schooling 2 kids on my own whilst working full time 

I am not on my own with these issues but think if it doesn't sell on here I will store for a while and rethink 

I just wondered if my price was off as I don't seem to get much interest in my sales posts- maybe too honest 😅 

The forum are a savvy lot and see Ebay sales for less that £2k and know that the retail was £250.00. It may just be a bit early to sell it as the initial price has dropped and may plateau for a wee bit. To be honest, if you had offered it for £1,500.00 it may still be for sale. Perhaps offer it to Coin Cabinet as they may be able to help with grading and consigning?? Worth a conversation with them at least. If you need the contact details for the person who sent out the email (you may have received this yourself!) last week, let me know.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

The forum are a savvy lot and see Ebay sales for less that £2k and know that the retail was £250.00. It may just be a bit early to sell it as the initial price has dropped and may plateau for a wee bit. To be honest, if you had offered it for £1,500.00 it may still be for sale. Perhaps offer it to Coin Cabinet as they may be able to help with grading and consigning?? Worth a conversation with them at least. If you need the contact details for the person who sent out the email (you may have received this yourself!) last week, let me know.

I should add that I offered an Una on here last year for around £600 I think and there was no interest at all. I then received an email from a forum member asking if it was still for sale. I said that it was and we struck the deal. If I offered an Una today for £2,000.00 I think it would sell fairly quickly given that people will have a look at grading and hope to get £6k plus if it gets a 70. Who knows what lies ahead in the future.........for all I know this could all be worth spot price in five years time!!!!

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I should add that I offered an Una on here last year for around £600 I think and there was no interest at all. I then received an email from a forum member asking if it was still for sale. I said that it was and we struck the deal. If I offered an Una today for £2,000.00 I think it would sell fairly quickly given that people will have a look at grading and hope to get £6k plus if it gets a 70. Who knows what lies ahead in the future.........for all I know this could all be worth spot price in five years time!!!!

I wanted that but was too slow 

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think its relisted today so perhaps it didn't go through 

That listing is a strange one. They are selling the coin without a CoA. Is that strange or is it just me being curious? 

6 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

That listing is a strange one. They are selling the coin without a CoA. Is that strange or is it just me being curious? 

I was looking at this one that sold and is back listed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Graces-UK-Royal-Mint-5-oz-five-ounce-silver-proof-coin-Great-engravers-COA-/193880127984?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

And the sold listing from the same seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Three-Graces-UK-Royal-Mint-5-oz-five-ounce-silver-proof-coin-IN-HAND-engravers-/193879196971?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

This one seems to have a COA so maybe it's a different one.

2 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

The listing was: 193879196971

and the description confirmed:

Three Graces UK Royal Mint 5 oz ounce silver proof coin engravers £10

Coin in hand, ready to post

Beautiful coin, I have the two ounce silver coin, which I have kept next to 5oz, to compare size etc.

This listing is for 5 oz/ five ounce silver proof coin (doesn't come with COA but has the booklet from Royal mint), presented beautifully in a black Royal mint case.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

So not sold, price drop and now a COA added. Ebay is a curious place. I hope this sells for more as I have one and would love to see it do well!!

I think the 2oz and the 5oz seem to be around 10x cost.

I have the 2oz and 10x would be a fantastic return. I have sent it off to NGC though so my hands are tied for a couple of months provided it comes back.

For me personally, 10 x £500 would be something I couldn't turn down. Its a much bigger pile of cash profit.

But, I think even if I bought one a grand and could sell it for 10, that voice in your head would be what if...

Speaking rationally the sensible thing for everyone would be to "cash out". You might be 2-0 up, but a goal from the othe team makes it a different place.

For me personally, when my coin comes back I will be likely selling it for whatever it's worth at that time. I think 🤣

8 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think the 2oz and the 5oz seem to be around 10x cost.

I have the 2oz and 10x would be a fantastic return. I have sent it off to NGC though so my hands are tied for a couple of months provided it comes back.

For me personally, 10 x £500 would be something I couldn't turn down. Its a much bigger pile of cash profit.

But, I think even if I bought one a grand and could sell it for 10, that voice in your head would be what if...

Speaking rationally the sensible thing for everyone would be to "cash out". You might be 2-0 up, but a goal from the othe team makes it a different place.

For me personally, when my coin comes back I will be likely selling it for whatever it's worth at that time. I think 🤣

If you paid the £805 required for the 2oz and the 5oz then you are absolutely cooking with gas even if both sold for a combined £3,000.00 (which of course they absolutely would within a minute if you listed them on here for that price). 

Imagine being told that someone is willing to give you £3k for 7oz of silver. This is also 2oz gold and a nice stack of £20 notes for 7oz of silver!

I have turned down offers on my 5oz that would ordinarily have made me jump in the car and personally deliver it with a bottle of champagne thrown in for free. I am grading the 5oz and selling my 2oz privately (already agreed the price). I could not resist because it covers my entire costs for the initial buy out and I am not (please don't jump on me from a height here!) too keen on the 2oz...

The Three Graces have put a spell on all of us. It is mad..... 

I’ll preface by saying that I haven’t seen a Three Graces yet, though I have bough an Alderney on TSF ( not picked up yet ) & I have an indication from RM that I was eventually allocated one of the ‘real’ ones. 
But I got into coins via an interest in PM elements first  & I quickly saw the beauty & skill of the coins & the creators. I don’t think I would sell because I might never get a chance to own another. I haven’t sold anything except some very rare element bars with a CGT implication. 
 I know it’s different for everyone but I know I will get satisfaction from an Una & a Graces side by side , or bookending a Dragon / Phoenix which is a nice coin too. What choices eh? 

Edited by cliveb13

1 hour ago, MikeG1978 said:

Do what you need to do, it’s your coin at the end of the day. No pressure from us 😂

Mine has just been delivered to @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions ready to go to the grading gods (NGC). I’m very confident it will be well looked after on its international journey.

If you don’t sell for the price you want, then maybe have a rethink 😉.

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

58 minutes ago, creative said:

Do what you need to do, it’s your coin at the end of the day. No pressure from us 😂

Mine has just been delivered to @CoinsOfTheRealmAuctions ready to go to the grading gods (NGC). I’m very confident it will be well looked after on its international journey.

If you don’t sell for the price you want, then maybe have a rethink 😉.

I agree i think from other sales and comments on here its a fair price  and I can always grade later 

At least if I do keep raw people will know its not a return graded then cracked back open 

Edited by MikeG1978

I bought my 2 oz for a grand, not to take profit out of it. Never paid that much for 2 OZ of silver and hardly there will come any other coin with that premium in my personal collection. As it looks right now to me, prices will easily comming down the next months. There are, even now, too many on the market. How many will flip there graded ones? But this coin is a beauty for every collection. Now and in hundred years. This is a timeless piece, for me even more attractive as the Una. I think most of coin collectors will agree. Even for Gamblers and Coinflippers it would be better to hold this coin, at least subtil the next one or two great engravers coins come out. If there are too many graces in the market, unsold, relisted, etc. the interest even for the next coins will come down. It would be a shame for this series, maybe the nicest coinseries of all time.

Edited by dikefalos
Wrong writing

MikeG1978 - If you would like to auction your coin raw - we are offering a 5% reduction on our normal fee's meaning you would retain 95% of the money and we also agree a reasonable start price with you.

If you don't fancy sellingon fleabay call me on 0800 169 1066 

Regards

Louise

Hello - newbie here.

Can I ask, what's the buzz about the Three Graces coin?

I've followed the forums for a little while and find it fascinating that certain coins create such a thrill.

Can anybody explain, in layman's terms, what it is?

Thanks in advance,

BullionMole