• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Leaving the EU - SOTD Sovereign

creative

I’m hoping that they will do a pilgrim fathers SOTD sovereign what should be a winner on the American market.   Even better if they let it be struck in west point and have a W mint mark

i still think that the Brexit privy won’t be as readily available because most the usual suspects here didn’t buy so I think the majority are in few hands

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Oldun said:

The RM have missed a once in a bazillion lifetime event for a very very special event for an sotd coin.unbelievably rare and will NEVER ever never happen again. They could easily have charged £2000 for this one.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51349158

:)

With a 0202 privy!!😆
Would have to be a mintage of 202.

I cant see this sovereign reaching “una” type prices after the hype has died down and is actually a sad day for the future of sovereigns. The mint are going the route of Canadian Maples with these privy / cypher designs. If they continue to sell out why change the business model? Just slowly up the mintages.

I can imagine that before long sovereign collectors will get turned off by this ( and it sounds like some already have reading this thread) . This will only lead to greater interest in the “real special” releases - 1989, 2002, 2012, etc, or perhaps older more numismatic sovs? Imho of course

I have just got confirmation of the 50p gold proof. Seeing what they go for on eBay has provided me with a dilemma . I did but this with the intention of holding it for a while and then maybe cashing in after a few years. However I may do a 180 and sell on eBay. 

Please forgive me tsf. 🤣

22 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

I have just got confirmation of the 50p gold proof. Seeing what they go for on eBay has provided me with a dilemma . I did but this with the intention of holding it for a while and then maybe cashing in after a few years. However I may do a 180 and sell on eBay. 

Please forgive me tsf. 🤣

Bud make the most you can whenever you feel comfortable to :)

No apologies needed imvho - there are other posters on here who are far less transparent about possible pumping and flipping and the real reasons behind what some of what they say, you have to read between the lines a lot of the time unfortunately.

35 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Please forgive me tsf. 🤣

If you can double your money and don't overly want it, just sell before the hype dies down. 

48 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Please forgive me tsf. 🤣

Just get it in hand first.... imagine selling for £2k and it arriving with a huge scar in of or a finger print then you have to refund.      That would be heart breaking

Just now, Cornishfarmer said:

Just get it in hand first.... imagine selling for £2k and it arriving with a huge scar in of or a finger print then you have to refund.      That would be heart breaking

Come on, this is EBay...just market the scar as a ‘rare and important Mint error that is only seen on a handful of coins’. Note the finger print ‘most likely comes from the hand of the engraver and is testimony to the craftsmanship of the mint’. Ding Ding Ding...Bargain.

16 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Come on, this is EBay...just market the scar as a ‘rare and important Mint error that is only seen on a handful of coins’. Note the finger print ‘most likely comes from the hand of the engraver and is testimony to the craftsmanship of the mint’. Ding Ding Ding...Bargain.

Disgruntled Mint Masters Remainers Bespoke Privy Mark

On 03/02/2020 at 17:55, Tn21 said:

Please forgive me tsf. 🤣

Absolutely forgiven- as @Roy said earlier today- 'fortune favours the brave'.

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

I just checked eBay, there are two available for about £1,200 (£1,190 and £1,199) at the cheapest, and then it gets progressively more expensive... 

Thats why I always look at sold prices 🙂

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

Checked that too, not much different situation there. But you can't buy something that has already been sold. :)

Well one sold for £70 cheaper than CC and who knows how much the others went for, but if I were to make an offer, it would be more than £30 off the list prices.

Point is, theres plenty you can make an offer on, so take the chance 😀

4 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Well one sold for £70 cheaper than CC and who knows how much the others went for, but if I were to make an offer, it would be more than £30 off the list prices.

Point is, theres plenty you can make an offer on, so take the chance 😀

Okay but what would it help me if a coin sold earlier at a price £70 cheaper as CC's current price? :) If I want to buy a Brexit sovereign NOW, then the Coin Connection's £1,150 is the cheapest price available on the market.

EDIT: Okay yeah of course one can try your luck by making offers to some listings for cheaper, sure :)

The 50p seems to be the winner over the Sovereign if you judge by the sold prices. I was able to secure one might just flip it - no point on holding on if the buyer hype is still moving prices. The interesting time will be when the coins land in people’s hand and then see how many are listed. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 minutes ago, Goldfinga said:

It shows that it's no longer available for me..maybe it was only back on for a short while by mistake?

Yep gone again, so was either sellout of remaining (no pun intended) stock right away again or a mistake

Archived