• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Does it bother you in the U.K. that the queen is on coins?

Message added by ChrisSilver

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoslandGold said:

I have soo many friends in UK and Sweden. Everytime i ask them something about the kingdom, they are always answer "noone cares about them". Doesnt matter if they are young, old. rich or poor people. How is that possible at all?

That no one cares is a bit steep. The question arises in Sweden among politicians to make Sweden a republic from time to time, but the Royal family sits strong in Sweden. We have a representative monarchy that means the King has no real power any longer and is more a ceremonial head of state. Our King has been on the throne for quite some time as well, since 1973 (nothing like QEII though with 21 more years) and some people want her eldest child, Victoria to take over. But we'll see. I myself represent a party that is mainly for republic but I stand with the Royal family :) I like them! 

One really ironic thing is that the Queen, Silvia, has become a real symbol of Sweden, and she's from Germany haha :P Ohh the irony hehe

1 minute ago, E23 said:

It's "faces" on coins alone it's just that 90% or so of those coins or at least the ones I want myself have the queen or a face on them. I'm not going to be buying coins with faces on them unless they are spiritual / Christian for that matter 90% of the time myself.

Was curious to as well what you guys think over there to as well.

Totally respect that.

Have you seen coins and medals from the Israeli Mint? They have designs based on historical Jewish/Christian themes and don’t feature any “faces”.

https://en.israelmint.com/default/

Also, the Perth Mint does personalised medallions which may appeal to you (no Queen’s face).

- Aussie themed: https://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/the-perth-mint-personalised-medallions.aspx

- Chinese-Lunar themed: https://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/the-perth-mint-lunar-personalised-medallions.aspx

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Totally respect that.

Have you seen coins and medals from the Israeli Mint? They have designs based on historical Jewish/Christian themes and don’t feature any “faces”.

https://en.israelmint.com/default/

Also, the Perth Mint does personalised medallions which may appeal to you (no Queen’s face).

- Aussie themed: https://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/the-perth-mint-personalised-medallions.aspx

- Chinese-Lunar themed: https://www.perthmint.com/catalogue/the-perth-mint-lunar-personalised-medallions.aspx

I don't buy from israel myself and boycotted them completely myself.

I'm a Christian / Catholic type myself so that's why. Christians / Catholics don't mix anymore here in America for that matter with jews that well either or never really did mix at all. Since I'm a Christian / Catholic obviously.

I should add...

edit: I spent 100s of hours when it came to Bible Study this last year alone and/or looking up stuff / discussing it for that matter.

-----

Going to check out the perth mint ones though.

56 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Either way, I wasn’t implying anything about your coin collecting - that is subjective and totally up to you. Cheers!

I know, I should have used a smiley, just couldn't resist as you had quoted me! :) Anyway, hopefully interesting info for the OP.

58 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

But are you seriously saying you won’t collect any British coins because the obverse will have Charles’ portrait? Is that because you dislike the idea of his face on a coin. Or do you just dislike his face?

Dislike the idea of him becoming king/appearing on a coin. I'm sure I'll still collect circulation coins etc but e.g. my Sov run will end with Liz. Love the monarchy or loathe it she's been on coins and stamps my whole life and her reign is extremely significant historically. I think coins from her reign will even more increasingly become 'classics' and as @goldmember44 says there is a lot to collect! It's almost endless, and for the first time in my life I get a choice which modern era to concentrate on!

For stacking purposes only it won't matter.

1 hour ago, RoslandGold said:

I have soo many friends in UK and Sweden. Everytime i ask them something about the kingdom, they are always answer "noone cares about them". Doesnt matter if they are young, old. rich or poor people. How is that possible at all?

The only ones I care about are the Queen & Prince Philip. The rest of them I feel the same as your Swedish & UK pals no interest in them at all especially not whingers like Harry & Megan & that perv Andrew.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

8 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I'm sure I'll still collect circulation coins etc but e.g. my Sov run will end with Liz. Love the monarchy or loathe it she's been on coins and stamps my whole life and her reign is extremely significant historically.

Same here, and absolutely agree.

Though can you imagine if Charles pulls an Edward VIII? Now I’m sure you’d want those Charles Sovereigns 😛

3 hours ago, Xander said:

I would suggest Elvis lookalike, Justin Tru'-D'oh!😋

Probably more PC than using the Arabian Nights lookalike images 🤣🤣

It would be nice though in all seriousness if they did with the coins what they do with the notes and used people of historical relavance to the country. Liz is only on the $20 note in Canada. The rest have individuals who have been somehow historically important to making the country what it is.

2 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Perhaps pass on the black face images though 🤣🤣

It would be nice though in all seriousness if they did with the coins what they do with the notes and used people of historical relavance to the country. Liz is only on the $20 note in Canada. The rest have individuals who have been somehow historically important to making the country what it is.

Similarly here in Australia it is only the $5 note which features QEII. The rest of the denominations feature Aussies of significance.

X Isle of Man 1 oz Silver Angel Proof - this one works perfectly for me. So I know of one I can collect so far. Didn't realize this had the queen on the reverse side or I forgot about it, but I wanted this coin for a while now myself. Going to pick one up next time I order silver (in a month or so).

Never heard of this site before today.

https://www.govmint.com/2018-isle-of-man-1-oz-silver-angel-proof

-----

reminds me of this (link below) - dragon(s) = devil(s) much like the alien grey(s) = devil(s)

Iron cross on the shield to as well.

St. Michael - The Archangel - defeating the devil dragon creature or creature that looks like a dragon devil.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EPoG5QqXCaQ/UctypybXzrI/AAAAAAAAJjg/kdY_iRfmy3o/s1600/St.+Michael+prayer.jpg

-----

I found one that works at least for now. Just realized this a bit ago.

5 hours ago, Roy said:

Few people will understand the importance and strength of a monarchy and I feel its relevance is becoming less important as time goes by. (excepting the Thais!)

Was gen x the last generation who would pledge allegiance to the Queen? Will the pride and emotion we felt at the jubilees, weddings and funerals be felt again?

Did the monarchy suffer a stroke with the death of Diana and will ultimately end with Queen Elizabeth?

A huge topic worthy of its own thread. I agree the monarchy is very important, perhaps one of the last institutions protecting the nation state from foreign monied interests, I do not think many realise the value of that. 

The monarchy appears less relevant in today's UK because the Queen Elizabeth does not take action in politics, only acting as a mechanism to facilitate it. I hope and expect it will be a very different political relationship under Charles, if so he has the appropriate namesake. He also has the appropriate namesake as you point out, for the monarchy to end after Elizabeth, but I don't see that happening. 

To me a coin has a monarch’s effigy on it, anything else is a medallion. I like the pre 2019 Tokelau Chronos but they’re not coins and therefore I’ve not bought any.

We all have our foibles.

9 hours ago, E23 said:

I'm a Christian / Catholic type myself so that's why. Christians / Catholics don't mix anymore here in America for that matter with jews that well either or never really did mix at all. Since I'm a Christian / Catholic obviously.

Aren't you running out of people you can mix with at this point? We could start a whole other conversation right here, but it's just not going to be worthwhile is it 😂

I'm not from the UK but I live here and I hate the queen on the coins. The reason is, she is evil. She is not a British nationalist but a globalist. Jimmy Savile was a frequent guest at Buckingham Palace - what else does need to happen to not want her on a coin? Of course she looks like a nice and harmless granny that couldn't do any harm to anyone but the apple doesn't fall far off the tree and look at her children. One a friend of Epstein, the other one of Savile. One such child could be bad luck but two like that tells you something about the parents.

I do have really a lot of coins with her on it and I think she must be the person whose portrait was minted on more coins than that of any other person in world history. Thanks God there are always two sides to each coin.

If you like Christian motives on coins, you could go for the Ukrainian Archangel Michael coins or the Armenian Noah's Ark coins

43 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I'm not from the UK but I live here and I hate the queen on the coins. The reason is, she is evil. She is not a British nationalist but a globalist. Jimmy Savile was a frequent guest at Buckingham Palace - what else does need to happen to not want her on a coin? Of course she looks like a nice and harmless granny that couldn't do any harm to anyone but the apple doesn't fall far off the tree and look at her children. One a friend of Epstein, the other one of Savile. One such child could be bad luck but two like that tells you something about the parents.

I do have really a lot of coins with her on it and I think she must be the person whose portrait was minted on more coins than that of any other person in world history. Thanks God there are always two sides to each coin.

If you like Christian motives on coins, you could go for the Ukrainian Archangel Michael coins or the Armenian Noah's Ark coins

100% agreed 

10 hours ago, E23 said:

I should add...

edit: I spent 100s of hours when it came to Bible Study this last year alone and/or looking up stuff / discussing it for that matter.

-----

Going to check out the perth mint ones though

I admire this and must admit that I also boycott any form of Judaism or crypto-judaism . The catholic church ( before its infiltration by the globohomo cartel a.k.a council Vatican II )  has been the only force rejecting Zionism with efficiency . 

I will not elaborate as it is not the topic/place - but you are not alone 

When you're used to something you don't really feel any type of way about it

I will say I really like the Queens first young portrait, I would have preferred this one to be the only one 

q.thumb.jpg.da783b1de06446b45d4361055810911b.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

6 hours ago, Melon said:

Aren't you running out of people you can mix with at this point? We could start a whole other conversation right here, but it's just not going to be worthwhile is it 😂

No not at all and if that were the case I'd have even more time for Bible Study myself if not coin collecting alone.

6 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

Both of those two names have been extremely common the last few years alone. I didn't know about that above.

Thank you for the information. Going to check out the coins.

5 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

I admire this and must admit that I also boycott any form of Judaism or crypto-judaism . The catholic church ( before its infiltration by the globohomo cartel a.k.a council Vatican II )  has been the only force rejecting Zionism with efficiency . 

I will not elaborate as it is not the topic/place - but you are not alone 

Why I really like Catholicism at times myself. They have ignored others heavily in the past and just go with The Holy Book or The Holy Bible for the most part and don't let anyone try to corrupt or warp it too much, but they definitely have had problems being infiltrated at times from what I've seen myself.

17 hours ago, E23 said:

I should add...

-----

Going to check out the perth mint ones though.

Not sure what Bible you are studying ... maybe ask your teacher for a refund? 

Genesis 12:3 I will bless those who bless you (that is Israel), and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you!

Isaiah 60:12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste.

Zechariah 2:8 For thus said the Lord of hosts, after his glory sent me to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.

As with all branches of Christianity - you can’t just choose the verses you like and ignore those you don’t agree with. It’s all or nothing. If you are gonna believe in a Virgin birth, resurrection from the dead or healing and miracles - you have to abide by doctrine and Biblical tenants.

After all: 

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

2 hours ago, KitboyE17 said:

Not sure what Bible you are studying ... maybe ask your teacher for a refund? 

Genesis 12:3 I will bless those who bless you (that is Israel), and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.

Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem! “May they be secure who love you!

Isaiah 60:12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve you shall perish; those nations shall be utterly laid waste.

Zechariah 2:8 For thus said the Lord of hosts, after his glory sent me to the nations who plundered you, for he who touches you touches the apple of his eye.

As with all branches of Christianity - you can’t just choose the verses you like and ignore those you don’t agree with. It’s all or nothing. If you are gonna believe in a Virgin birth, resurrection from the dead or healing and miracles - you have to abide by doctrine and Biblical tenants.

After all: 

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

This is the new testament as well not the old testament for that matter. This is something I took the time to write (didn't write The Holy Bible parts obviously) and layout myself.

-----

The True King of Israel is Jesus Christ which is not a country on a map and Jesus Christ is The True King of the Israel of God (Galatians 6:16 - below).

Galatians 6:16 - 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule-to the Israel of God.

90% (roughly) of jews alone are antichrist jews and/or are in the realm of antichrist judiasm - judiasm is paganism alone without Jesus Christ which means you don't listen to any of them for the most part as most of them have already converted alone at least for now to Christian / Catholic realm alone at least. Read Revelation 3:9 below as well.

1 John 2:22 - 22Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist-denying the Father and the Son.

1 John 2:18 - 18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. (note: read Revelation 3:9 below)

2 John 1:7 - 7I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

We are all one in Jesus Christ or The Christ. This is the True Israel of God (Galatians 6:16 - above) - All one through Jesus Christ The King alone of The True Israel of God (Again not on a map, but one through Jesus Christ of The Heavens alone for that matter.).

1 Corinthians 8:6 - yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Colossians 3:11 - 11Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Galatians 3:28 - There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jesus Christ is The King of Kings and the King of The True Israel of God (Galatians 6:16 - above).

Revelation 17:14 - "These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful."

Revelation 19:16 - And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

John 18:37 - Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice."

Revelation 3:9 - I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

side note:

Revelation 3:9 (above)

90% (roughly) of jews alone don't believe in Jesus Christ as The Christ for that matter alone from that one Holy Bible quote alone or 1 John 2:22. That's antichrist judiasm (paganism) alone if you go back up and read the second part (John) Holy Bible quotes above for that matter.

-----

1917-2017 - Creation of israel (devil's israel on a map - remember the devil is always looking for a way in or a way in through tricking you) - November 29, 1947

https://sign.org/articles/100-year-reign-satan-begin

------

The True Israel of God is from The Heavens or is all one through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ as The King (King of Kings) of The True Israel of God (In the Heavens) for that matter.

-----

EDIT:

It just hit me 2 Timothy 3:16 then to John 3:16 is the switchover point in The Holy Bible? I feel really compelled to state such a matter here for now at least. It must be done through The New Teaching of Jesus Christ for that matter then if that's the case.

The reminds me I was going to get Una and The Lion (The devil I think - something about a dragon to as well or dragon(s) = devil(s) for that matter) to as well. Have two coins from the U.K. for next month in the silver realm I was going to get. Wanted to get this one and learn more about it myself.

Only place I know that I can get one and I don't like to advertise (but for show at least now).

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

ERV
Control yourselves and be careful! The devil is your enemy, and he goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to attack and eat.

-----

2 U.K. coins - done
2 American coins - got a few I can go with for this month

-----

Also Isaac Newton is who I take from for the most myself and/or learning from my environment and I'm not sure on the accuracy of that alone, but it does work for me personally. The Holy Trinity is everywhere around me due to God and The Power of The Holy Spirit alone. God is my teacher alone at that point to me personally then plus The Power of The Holy Spirit with Jesus Christ at the bottom of the totem poll there.

I should say there are past events that state Isaac Newton was a bit of a heretic himself.

I’m more than happy to have her Royal Highness on our coins. 

She has been one of the best ambassadors our country has ever had. There isn’t a politician who has come close.

Also I think our armed forces would look very different if they swore allegiance to MP’s and country instead of Queen and country.   

Archived